• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Sander

Servizio said:
I shouldn't have waited so long, but any available slots in a fourpack available?

catfish said:
I WOULD ALSO ENJOY DOING THIS.

Now we are 2! (I'm a moron though, so I need very specific instructions.... I'm in euroland as well, so that doesn't make purchasing very cheap at all.

EDIT: For euro people it's 33.50 each with a 4 pack as opposed to 44.99. anybody want in on that let me know.
Ventrue said:
I am trying to get a copy too. I cannot be the purchaser as I live in Australia and I'm trying to get an outside world copy.

I'm about to go to sleep, but if anyone is going to be purchasing a four pack, please PM me and count me in! I'll check first thing in the morning.
As would I, so 4 people! I'm really looking for someone who can buy the 4-pack in $ or £ though, since that is way (like 40-50%) cheaper than buying in €.

Red Scarlet

Hope you guys all find some folks to get it going.

Was a method found to decensor it in Australia? I remember reading that the demo could, but it was 'fixed'?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Red Scarlet said:
Hope you guys all find some folks to get it going.

Was a method found to decensor it in Australia? I remember reading that the demo could, but it was 'fixed'?
that method works as well as ever (in the demo)

Red Scarlet

Oh, I thought people were saying that it was getting re-censored from an update and they couldn't get it gory again. This was within the first week of the demo coming out though when I read about it.

Played the demo with Pop earlier, was a lot of fun playing again with him. I miss you Pop!

Ventrue

The appid change was indeed patched out and does not work. I've heard talk of some new solution, but I'm not sure if it works or what it involves.

syllogism said:
Also apparently you can now be revived even with zombies pounding on you? Or was it like that always on 360?
No, the versions play identically, always have (barring the 360 lagging behind on patches most of the time). I did notice it seems to be easier to get people up in the sequel, however, on both platforms.

Raydeen

Does anyone think Valve will really deliver the game on Tuesday? I'm in UK which means theoretically I should be playing on Weds...I want to take a day off for a whole day of blissfull campaigning on the Thursday. Can I rely on Valve to fuck up like the demo? :lol

syllogism

MNC said:
If the zombies stomp the person you're picking up, the meter resets, I think. Otherwise, no.
Someone said an AI bot reviving you won't get interrupted
Raydeen said:
Does anyone think Valve will really deliver the game on Tuesday? I'm in UK which means theoretically I should be playing on Weds...I want to take a day off for a whole day of blissfull campaigning on the Thursday. Can I rely on Valve to fuck up like the demo? :lol
It unlucks in 1d 15h actually so 5am tuesday UK time

Concept17

Raydeen said:

It hits 10 PM tomorrow for me. But I fully expect a delay of some kind.

oh, the game feels the same as the first one, still offers the same solid experience in online co-op. but I'm really hoping for l4d2 black Friday sales.

Amir0x

Banned
Solid warrior said:
oh, the game feels the same as the first one, still offers the same solid experience in online co-op. but I'm really hoping for l4d2 black Friday sales.

preeeetty sure there is a L4D2 black friday deal. I remember seeing it was going to be $39 or something on Black Friday... I forgot which store, though. Best Buy? I forget :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Sander said:
As would I, so 4 people! I'm really looking for someone who can buy the 4-pack in $ or £ though, since that is way (like 40-50%) cheaper than buying in €.

yeah me too, but it's getting late now.

I'm willing to do it in euros if we can't find anyone else in UK or America to join, because that still gets around a 20 euro saving on the after release price. so tomorrow if there isn't a willing american or Brit around I'll do it in euro if everyone PMs me the details.

xero273

Solid warrior said:

$35 at best buy.

Just occurred to me I haven't seen or heard of any reviews for this yet (not that it really matters, but I'm curious). Does anyone know when the embargo is up?

Shake Appeal said:
Just occurred to me I haven't seen or heard of any reviews for this yet (not that it really matters, but I'm curious). Does anyone know when the embargo is up?
OXM gave it a 9.5
, but they don't count.

xero273

Xamdou said:
Is it possible to do in store pickup with a bestbuy.com order during black Friday?

Not sure. My guess is probably no. BTW, I probably should clarify this is for the x360 version.

syllogism

Shake Appeal said:
There's that OXM 9.5 review

vertopci

Lostconfused said:
Its funny to see what kind of wacky opinions people can come up with.

How is L4D2 NOT more arcadey than the first? The events you have to run thru, the adrenaline shot, defib, and the new melee weapons all make for a faster based run and gun gameplay.

vertopci

syllogism said:
So you are saying it's more arcadey because there's, allegedly, less corner camping

Faster based gameplay yes.

Also, asking this again: Anyone know when servers files for L4D2 will be released...?

The Suit: "Yeah, knock the guy with the $3,000 suit into the water! Come on!" Ellis decides to take Nick a bit literally, and "come on" the guy with the $3,000 suit.

coming soon.........!?!?!?

EmCeeGramr said:
The Suit: "Yeah, knock the guy with the $3,000 suit into the water! Come on!" Ellis decides to take Nick a bit literally, and "come on" the guy with the $3,000 suit.

Oh dear.

Chinner

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:

71728n.jpg

MNC

EmCeeGramr said:

Oh my God

this is like one of my japanese anime movies

Max

I am not Max
EmCeeGramr said:

As I play as Nick, forever.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This game certainly doesnt strike me as a 50-60$ value.

I picked up the original GOTY edition at 19.99 and that felt like the right price.

Ill most likely be waiting for price drops.

~Kinggi~ said:
This game certainly doesnt strike me as a 50-60$ value.

I picked up the original GOTY edition at 19.99 and that felt like the right price.

Ill most likely be waiting for price drops.

33.75 right now son

Kritz

Banned
Ventrue said:
The appid change was indeed patched out and does not work. I've heard talk of some new solution, but I'm not sure if it works or what it involves.

Really? It's still working in the demo for me. You have to run the game through the .exe in Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2 demo, but you can easily place a steam shortcut for it.

Top Bottom