• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

notsol337

marked forever
My computer is in good shape too! That being said, I'm sure it'll break 10 times sideways on monday night at 11:59.

MNC

GhostRidah said:
the newest update that fixed multicore is a godsend, no more stuttering, just all smooth zombie killing.
Any confirmation it was this? Game seemed to ran awesome just a minute ago, better than before :D

Coverly

LovingSteam said:
Yea man, I am psyched! I am surprised more people aren't posting here, I wonder if L4D2 isn't going to be as popular on GAF as part 1 was.

I'm psyched enough to have bought 3 copies of the game already(1 360 to play with a set of friends, 2 pc for our computers to play with another set of non 360 friends), but I'm on a media blackout until it's release. The only thing i've seen is the trailer from way back and nothing else, so saying that i'm looking forward to wednesday is a huge understatement.

The only thing I can add is that more of my friends are getting the game, and it looks like it will be l4d2 nights for a long time coming.

TP

Hey dudes, I'm hoping someone here could help me out. I want to upgrade my graphics card for Left 4 Dead 2 because with my current hardware the demo runs at around 17 fps on low settings D=. I'm completely new to pc gaming so im not very familiar with terms and specs so if you could keep it simple I would appreciate it.

Im looking for a card that will be able to run L4D2 on high settings at 60fps or more and my budget for the card is around $150

My PC
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ry&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=3882331

Thanks in advance :D

Kritz

Banned
I'm going to make a request here that I don't really expect anyone to help me with, but it's worth a shot: I have no freaking idea how PayPal works, but I want a gifted copy of L4D2 so I don't have to bother with running the game through the EXE to uncensor the AUS version.

The easiest way for me to repay the person who would gift me the game, is for me to gift something else back that has roughly the same value. So, essentially, any combination of games with a total value of $50USD I'll gift back in return (the preorder L4D2 price is only $45, but there aren't as many games for $45 or less).

Anyone care to take me up on this really stupid idea? >_>
:(

Jeo said:
Hey dudes, I'm hoping someone here could help me out. I want to upgrade my graphics card for Left 4 Dead 2 because with my current hardware the demo runs at around 17 fps on low settings D=. I'm completely new to pc gaming so im not very familiar with terms and specs so if you could keep it simple I would appreciate it.

Im looking for a card that will be able to run L4D2 on high settings at 60fps or more and my budget for the card is around $150

My PC
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...ry&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=ca&lang=en&product=3882331

Thanks in advance :D
I'm not an expert, but that power supply looks woefully low. It's extremely likely you'll have to replace the power supply as well.

Hunter crouched on the dark roof, wrapped in the swirling dusty air, thick with the smoke of the burning city. The ripe scent of fresh, living, and immune meat approaching had every nerve firing in his infected body. His lean muscles tightened as he awaited the arrival of his prey.

Without warning a thick muscly mass landed with a wet slap on the small of his back. For something to sneak up on Hunter was so shocking that for a moment he was paralyzed. Then, another kind of electrifying sensation was felt as the object pushed its way underneath Hunter's sweatpants and into a place he never expected. Only then did he notice the thick hazy smoke around him was not made by fire.

"S-smoker-senpai... no..." Hunter growled.
"FFOKCHOFKCO so it seems HSFOOSHOFFHOK the predator has become my HOKCHOFFHCOF prey... Hunter-chan," rasped the tall coughing paramour.
"Uguu~"

Meanwhile, the Survivors passed underneath the building.

"I hear a Hunter up there!" cried Louis.
"And a friggin' Smoker with him!" joined in Francis.
"Don't worry, I got a molotov," Zoey said. "I can probably torch 'em both before they can-"

Bill stopped her with a motion of his hand. He had met this Smoker before. Pausing for a moment to recall the salacious encounter, he shook his head at the rest.

"I think those two should be left... for love."

...TO BE CONTINUED!??!

Killer

Banned
Just in case if no one has already said it in here.. DON'T BUY THE XBOX 360 VERSION IF YOU HAVE A PC!!. I bought the first one on the xbox 360 and holy shit at the differnce. its another game!

Dementia, I sent you a PM on the 4 pack, just in case you missed it.

Edit: All set! Now I can sport a brand new hat in TF2! ...Oh, and play some other zombie game or something. New hat!

Sanjay

RocketDarkness said:
I'm not an expert, but that power supply looks woefully low. It's extremely likely you'll have to replace the power supply as well.

I had no idea a power supply of 160W could even power that type of system or even existed.

To the question get a GPU and a PSU for 150 now and here are my recommendations.

Get this PSU, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

Not to sure on the gpu price over value currently but I believe this one will still play the game at max settings, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121352

TP

Sanjay said:
I had no idea a power supply of 160W could even power that type of system or even existed.

To the question get a GPU and a PSU for 150 now and here are my recommendations.

Get this PSU, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139003

Not to sure on the gpu price over value currently but I believe this one will still play the game at max settings, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121352

That seems like it will do the job but again I dont know much about the subject. I'll wait until tomorrow before I make a purchase, maybe somebody else will have something to say.

Thank you for the recommendations.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I got my L4D2 fully payed today, my 360 version will be mine monday @ midnight. Can't wait for it, we need a meet up thread.

If you only have 360, you're fine. The first supplied me with many hours of good times, I expect the sequel to do the same even if I'm not playing on the John Hodgman.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Killer said:
Just in case if no one has already said it in here.. DON'T BUY THE XBOX 360 VERSION IF YOU HAVE A PC!!. I bought the first one on the xbox 360 and holy shit at the differnce. its another game!

I am curious about that. Can you explain how different they can be. I heard that we can typing in PC which I would like that since I am deaf IRL which people kept kicked me out of room in expert mode.

JoeFu

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Hunter crouched on the dark roof, wrapped in the swirling dusty air, thick with the smoke of the burning city. The ripe scent of fresh, living, and immune meat approaching had every nerve firing in his infected body. His lean muscles tightened as he awaited the arrival of his prey.

Without warning a thick muscly mass landed with a wet slap on the small of his back. For something to sneak up on Hunter was so shocking that for a moment he was paralyzed. Then, another kind of electrifying sensation was felt as the object pushed its way underneath Hunter's sweatpants and into a place he never expected. Only then did he notice the thick hazy smoke around him was not made by fire.

"S-smoker-senpai... no..." Hunter growled.
"FFOKCHOFKCO so it seems HSFOOSHOFFHOK the predator has become my HOKCHOFFHCOF prey... Hunter-chan," rasped the tall coughing paramour.
"Uguu~"

Meanwhile, the Survivors passed underneath the building.

"I hear a Hunter up there!" cried Louis.
"And a friggin' Smoker with him!" joined in Francis.
"Don't worry, I got a molotov," Zoey said. "I can probably torch 'em both before they can-"

Bill stopped her with a motion of his hand. He had met this Smoker before. Pausing for a moment to recall the salacious encounter, he shook his head at the rest.

"I think those two should be left... for love."

...TO BE CONTINUED!??!

amazing...

Do we get one a day until release?

Niblet

Edit:
Previous post deleted. Myself, Speculator, and MadraptorMan have successfully gotten the 4 pack deal together. You guys were really awesome.

masterkajo

Two of my friends and me (= 3 zombie killers) are looking for someone in the US or UK (prices are about the same) who is willing to buy a 4-pack. Since we all live in EU we are not going to be the ones who pay (135€ =|= 135$). I would send you the money via Paypal and you then buy the game. Honest people only, or I can buy from steam directly :lol

Just PM me.

ThaiGrocer said:
I've clocked 16 hours on the demo. A DEMO, for goodness sake!
10f528p.png

RE: My ban for talking about griefing. This is a discussion. If you're so vested in this game maybe you shouldn't be moderating the thread. People talking about major flaws in games serves a purpose: the game getting patched.

Next people will get banned for using microphones and swearing in GAF games. Some of the bans on this site are so pathetic.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
masterkajo said:
Two of my friends and me (= 3 zombie killers) are looking for someone in the US or UK (prices are about the same) who is willing to buy a 4-pack. Since we all live in EU we are not going to be the ones who pay (135€ =|= 135$). I would send you the money via Paypal and you then buy the game. Honest people only, or I can buy from steam directly :lol

Just PM me.

If you don't find a 4th from the UK or US then I'm in Euroland as well and looking for a 4 pack deal. Does it work out cheaper for us if there is 4? Let me know if you need.

Or anyone else for that matter.

Visualante said:
10f528p.png

RE: My ban for talking about griefing. This is a discussion. If you're so vested in this game maybe you shouldn't be moderating the thread. People talking about major flaws in games serves a purpose: the game getting patched.

Next people will get banned for using microphones and swearing in GAF games. Some of the bans on this site are so pathetic.

Ouch :(

1-D_FTW

Jeo said:
That seems like it will do the job but again I dont know much about the subject. I'll wait until tomorrow before I make a purchase, maybe somebody else will have something to say.

Thank you for the recommendations.

I would post in the PC thread. You'll get the group consensus on what's the best bang for the dollar on parts from people actively buying and researching.

Weenerz

Banned
Well, the game is out somewhere, can't wait to hear impressions from everyone's "cousin or friend down the street".

I presume this was posted, but just in case:

When L4D2 will go live:

Tuesday, November 17th, 12:00 AM (midnight) Eastern Standard Time

* Monday, November 16th, 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time
* Monday, November 16th, 10:00 PM Mountain Standard Time
* Monday, November 16th, 11:00 PM Central Standard Time
* Tuesday, November 17th, 12:00 AM (midnight) Eastern Standard Time
* Tuesday, November 17th, 5:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time
* Tuesday, November 17th, 8:00 AM Moscow Time
* Tuesday, November 17th, 2:00 PM Japan Standard Time

deleted

I want to buy the uncut version of the game, can I just buy an uncut key or does it have to be a gifted version? When I bought L4D1, an uncut key worked pretty well, but erveryone talks about gifting for this game.

MNC said:
Any confirmation it was this? Game seemed to ran awesome just a minute ago, better than before :D
Don't know about confirmation, but I'm now getting 40-60fps with multicore enabled, everything maxed (16xAF, triple buffered v-sync, Very High/High), AA off @ 1366x768. A definite performance boost.

1-D_FTW

I'm glad I can run with everything cranked and still get a high frame rate with single core. I forget to disable it last night and it hard locked like it's never done. Just a long, sickly beep coming through the headphones. So whatever they did, it definitely worsened my multi-core situation.

coming soon:

Boomer Bursts: The Boomer is wailing and devouring pills after his old mom (the Witch) didn't let him watch TV. But can the Tank console Boomer's aching heart...?

stay tuned

Top Bottom