• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Red Scarlet

Hooray, finished CC so all 5 camps are done on 2 player expert. Weird how CC was the hardest one to do. I don't even know how far 2 will go for that..maybe something like advrlsm is something realistic to aim for.

andycapps

Majeh said:
Unfortunately you missed the game.co.uk deal which ran this weekend for £10.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Left-4-Dead-2-UNCUT-VERSION-Steam-Key.html

Don't know if there is anything cheaper at the moment.

Looks like it's $26.83 now unless I'm missing something. Seems like that'd be the best deal at the moment. Any downside to this version? I assume it's the normal US Steam version and I'd just put the code in there and download it and then be ready to go?

Majeh

andycapps said:
Looks like it's $26.83 now unless I'm missing something. Seems like that'd be the best deal at the moment. Any downside to this version? I assume it's the normal US Steam version and I'd just put the code in there and download it and then be ready to go?

Yeah, I've bought from them before (Orange box) they'll just send you the steam key (straight away) through email, no disk. If you don't need a disk copy it's probably worth it.

andycapps

Majeh said:
Yeah, I've bought from them before (Orange box) they'll just send you the steam key (straight away) through email, no disk. If you don't need a disk copy it's probably worth it.

Yeah, I don't need a disc copy.. All of my Steam games are that way, except for the original HL2 that I have DVD's for somewhere. Thanks for the help!

andycapps

Will most likely be picking this up tonight. So if anyone is on that wants to play through the campaigns with a noob, let me know. Played L4D a lot, but haven't played anything of 2 on PC other than the demo.

Suairyu

Banned
andycapps said:
Will most likely be picking this up tonight. So if anyone is on that wants to play through the campaigns with a noob, let me know. Played L4D a lot, but haven't played anything of 2 on PC other than the demo.
Just received my copy today from the GAME.co.uk sale, so will be interested in jamming with ya sometime if you like. (but unfortunately not tonight)

Red Scarlet

andycapps said:

Himuro just got the game a few days ago. We're on the 3rd campaign now though.

andycapps

Red Scarlet said:
Himuro just got the game a few days ago. We're on the 3rd campaign now though.

Cool.. If I end up catching up with you guys then I'll let you know.

Just bought it from G2play, hopefully they email me my code soon because I want to get this download started and get into the action.

Red Scarlet

So my 2-player pal and I decided to try L4D2 2-player. After doing the 4.5 camps from 1 on 2-player expert, we figured to test the waters with advanced on 2. I think we need to up our game a bit if we are going to actually go for advanced realism or expert though. :lol

Because my ping was high on the local server (to kick the 2 bots), my demos for all these are in somewhat slow-motion. I assume that's why anyway, since regular servers my demos are fine. Is that the problem? Here's a fun little fight we had that has my 'problem':

http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/hr4adv2ptankfun.avi

xero273

Red Scarlet said:
Well wasn't the update with survival mode free? And just Crash Course cost some amount?

for 360, survival mode was free since no new achievements were added. CC cost money because new achievements were added.

I wonder if the shocking news is the new mode that they are adding.

andycapps

Red Scarlet said:
Hollar if you want to play sometime.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bulleta

You're already on my friends list, my username there is andycapps. We've just never played any actual games, haha. On L4D1, I primarily played either campaigns with randoms, unfortunately, or played with the GAF versus crew occasionally with vert, nabs (?), etc. They played a lot more often than I did so I was only decent, if that, at versus.

Got my code overnight from G2play and started the download this morning before I left for work, so if people are down for some advanced campaigns starting at the beginning, then I should be on around 7 PM EST.

xero273

witchwedding.jpg

Since I haven't played in awhile I forgot what the witch looked like. Witch got a different look in the Passing?

Yes, she got a different look in the original campaigns, I always thought she looked like a cavewoman. So The Passing has a maid witch? Edit: could also be a bride, it's probably that

OmegaDragon said:
Yes, she got a different look in the original campaigns, I always thought she looked like a cavewoman. So The Passing has a maid witch? Edit: could also be a bride, it's probably that
Looks like a prom outfit & tiara to me.

I've been playing the shit out of the L42D demo on 360 with my kids. It's great fun. I may jump in and pick up the full version.

Should I play the first one first (story wise?).

fastford58 said:
I've been playing the shit out of the L42D demo on 360 with my kids. It's great fun. I may jump in and pick up the full version.

Should I play the first one first (story wise?).
Its not important story wise at all. Its a different game than sequel as well, with lesser zombies, weapons and stuff.

Amir0x

Banned
HK-47 said:
Too many SI as it is. Hard to learn them all. Why I avoid versus (well that and it takes too long)

Really? It took me about an hour to learn how the use each special infected class well. Granted, I knew how to use Hunter, Smoker and Boomer from L4D1, but experienced no confusion about how to best use Jockey, Spitter or Charger. Seems all pretty self-explanatory in how to use them strategically with a team.

Red Scarlet

Awesome game andy! Oh yeah we didn't play. :(

You and Himu are both on the same map though, so maybe we can get you both to play it for the first time at the same time!

Top Bottom