• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SundaySounds said:
Did he just give up Panda Bear style?

Nah we just kept getting distracted and in map 2 we failed to get in an attack in for a good chunk of the map. We focused a little better in some of the maps, but it didn't matter because Vert was secretly spawning in second Chargers.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Nah we just kept getting distracted and in map 2 we failed to get in an attack in for a good chunk of the map. We focused a little better in some of the maps, but it didn't matter because Vert was secretly spawning in second Chargers.

lololololol :lol

I saw one of you guys get charged, then I was like "ok guys I'm going to charge now" then I was like..."wait a minute...how the fuck am I charging if there's already a charger?!?"

xero273

The Storyteller said:
The hell? I didn't even know you could play the game with no bots and only 2 players. Is it the same difficulty as if there were 4 people?

I think they used the command kick x to get rid of the bots.

Shoogoo

Maybe that's a stupid question to ask, If a survivor is smoked, being pummelled by a charger or has a jockey riding him, can you inflict friendly fire.

Also, anybody has L4D2 wallpapers? :D

Shoogoo said:
Maybe that's a stupid question to ask, If a survivor is smoked, being pummelled by a charger or has a jockey riding him, can you inflict friendly fire.

No friendly fire when a survivor is in the clutches of an SI although it would make things interesting. I'm guessing it's like this because Expert would be a pain in the ass if you had be extra careful saving your buddes.

Shoogoo

toasty_T said:
No friendly fire when a survivor is in the clutches of an SI although it would make things interesting. I'm guessing it's like this because Expert would be a pain in the ass if you had be extra careful saving your buddes.

Thanks. Another one, trickier.

Is it true that the spit damage is reduced when the survivor is pounced, pulled or grabbed? It does normal damage when the survivor has been puked on though.

Shoogoo

Red Scarlet said:
It looks like the spit does 1 damage to someone being pounced/smoked/charged instead of the cumulative.

1 damage instead of how much? Thanks though.

And the last one for today;

Things like fences, buses, whatever - if you stand on the very edge hanging half your body, it prevents infected from being able to grip that spot.

True or?

Red Scarlet

Shoogoo said:
1 damage instead of how much? Thanks though.

It'll do more damage the more you get hit by it, so say you get hit 10 times by it. Just standing there (not being pounced/charged/smoked/jockeyed) the spit would do 1,1,2,2,3,4,4,5,5,6 damage altogether (33 total) vs 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 plus the pounce/charge/smoke/jockey damage.

xero273

BuddhaRockstar said:
So The Passing is supposed to come out in the next 3 weeks or so, right? Not factoring in Valve-time of course.

That's what they said in their last interview. "By the end of March." So we will probably see more info coming out in the next couple weeks.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Honestly, I want Valve to update and release the L4D1 campaigns so that they can be played in L4D2 more than The Passing. Doubling the number of options when playing VS would be so lovely.

Anksta

Stallion Free said:
Honestly, I want Valve to update and release the L4D1 campaigns so that they can be played in L4D2 more than The Passing. Doubling the number of options when playing VS would be so lovely.

I totally agree. They could make it as non-purchasable DLC that would only be activated on your account if you owned both L4D1 and L4D2.

Sibylus

Banned
Stallion Free said:
There's really no point in them spending time doing this, the community's porting the originals already. Get the group to install the L4D addon support and download some of the L4D1 custom campaigns that are on the net.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Botolf said:
There's really no point in them spending time doing this, the community's porting the originals already. Get the group to install the L4D addon support and download some of the L4D1 custom campaigns that are on the net.

Those have all been horribly horribly broken in the past and a waste of time. Unless they have made great progress since, then I see no reason to bother with them. I want them built in officially with Valve making the changes necessary.

Sibylus

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Those have all been horribly horribly broken in the past and a waste of time. Unless they have made great progress since, then I see no reason to bother with them. I want them built in officially with Valve making the changes necessary.
It goes without saying that these customs are improving over time. I recall them being "horribly horribly broken" before Valve released the L4D addon support, but not so much after.

XenoRaven

Holy crap guys I'm going to be able to play this on my Mac soon! I'm so excited I feel like reaching for the top and staying on the mountain! I also feel making horribly lame posts!

Red Scarlet

No Mercy 2 was fun I thought, but that was on campaign.

Probably talking to maybe 1 person in here, but pwnage.tv is casting the championship game for the Alienware tournament tonight (11est).

Hey guys! Sorry that I've been absent for GAF games for such long, I've been busily getting my software ready for release (whilst still sneaking in the odd game here and there). Anyway, all is approved and now on sale (even made the front page of 1up!) Which means I can finally get back to the far more important task of saving us from the zombie apocalypse! Will you guys be gaming on Saturday night (US time)?

Majeh

finally bit on the game. Friend saw it for £9.99 at game and it was too good to pass up. Now I've got to wait for the disk/key. :(

Red Scarlet

Ok, but grab the demo first at least! Then you can watch while you fly or something and stuff. Watch me get supercharged those 2 times. The zip has a text file with the instructions on how to view it and stuff.

Red Scarlet

Yeah I told him he should never forget his mouse, something like this (getting l4d2 and ob) could happen and there could be a crisis!

Top Bottom