• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Nabs

it's gotta be the shoes

xl_kids_jordan_7_card.jpg

Amir0x said:
Really? It took me about an hour to learn how the use each special infected class well. Granted, I knew how to use Hunter, Smoker and Boomer from L4D1, but experienced no confusion about how to best use Jockey, Spitter or Charger. Seems all pretty self-explanatory in how to use them strategically with a team.
I still can't play for shit as Jockey. I usually jump around until I land on someone's head and its off to humpville.

Nabs

remember, you can just use space bar to get on someones head, or even just jump from a roof. you dont have to use mouse 1 as jockey.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Red Scarlet said:
oooo vids. Thank you bus!! :)

No problem, Red. People need to be aware of the depths Vert will sink to ensure a victory for his "team," or more accurately the amoral mercenaries of the damned, conscripted in a fight against virtue and justice.

Red Scarlet

He and Nabs really need to be on different teams more than once a month or so.

Sucks getting 9/13 cans then "oh we should go sleep" and have to do it all again another time. WE WILL PREVAIL.

andycapps

Red Scarlet said:
Awesome game andy! Oh yeah we didn't play. :(

You and Himu are both on the same map though, so maybe we can get you both to play it for the first time at the same time!

Hmmm.. I would love to do that, I am thinking that either Friday night or over the weekend will be my next chance to play though. We have people coming over tonight and wouldn't be available to play until about 10-10:30 EST and my eyes will probably be getting heavy by then because I'm old and have work in the morning. :lol So yeah, Friday is probably best bet.

morningbus

Twig said:
huh-WHAAA?

Yeah, it was a mind-blowing moment last night when Nabs discovered that, so long as you end up near a Survivor's head, it doesn't matter how you got there.

andycapps

So how is versus in this? I'm planning on beating the campaigns before I jump into that.

And what is realism? Is that expert level but for masochistic people that want something even more punishing?

vertopci

morningbus said:
Yeah, it was a mind-blowing moment last night when Nabs discovered that, so long as you end up near a Survivor's head, it doesn't matter how you got there.

I thought everyone had already known that :(

xero273

andycapps said:
So how is versus in this? I'm planning on beating the campaigns before I jump into that.

And what is realism? Is that expert level but for masochistic people that want something even more punishing?

You can't see the outlines of teammates anymore. I believe common infected take more shots to kill. No more spawn closets. Can only revive teammates using defib. I think that is all.

andycapps

xero273 said:
You can't see the outlines of teammates anymore. I believe common infected take more shots to kill. No more spawn closets. Can only revive teammates using defib. I think that is all.

Oh wow, that is crazy. Definitely much harder than expert.

HK-47 said:
Too many SI as it is. Hard to learn them all. Why I avoid versus (well that and it takes too long)

Hunter - Jumps onto people.
Smoker - Pulls people toward him.
Boomer - Vomits on people. This vomit attracts regular infected and blinds survivors.
Jockey - See: Hunter.
Charger - Charges people.
Spitter - Spits at people. The spit is acid that pools on the ground and hurts them.

Feel free to print that out and set it next to your keyboard the next time you play as a quick reference.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vertopci said:

I thought everyone did too. Did you guys ever see those jockey skill vids were they incap like a whole team in DC4 on the stairs? They don't need to wait to recharge because they could just drop on the survivors coming up the stairs and grab them.

Sibylus

Banned
vertopci said:
I knew you could jump/fall off of stuff to grab someone, but I didn't know you could jump anywhere and achieve the same effect. So if I've missed a leap in the past I've kinda awkwardly tried to dodge bullets until the meter refilled.

Stallion Free said:
I thought everyone did too. Did you guys ever see those jockey skill vids were they incap like a whole team in DC4 on the stairs? They don't need to wait to recharge because they could just drop on the survivors coming up the stairs and grab them.

The only Jockey skill video I'll watch is "The Art of The Jockey" Directed by Nabs and Starring BuddhaRockstar!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Kano On The Phone said:
Hunter - Jumps onto people.
Smoker - Pulls people toward him.
Boomer - Vomits on people. This vomit attracts regular infected and blinds survivors.
Jockey - See: Hunter.
Charger - Charges people.
Spitter - Spits at people. The spit is acid that pools on the ground and hurts them.

Feel free to print that out and set it next to your keyboard the next time you play as a quick reference.

t('.'t)

vertopci said:
GG tonight except for panda bitch going afk randomly >:|
Sorry. That only happened once though. And it was cause I was Tiger-sexting my girl friend. The other time I crashed. Still won thanks to me though.

morningbus

What filth have I been dragged into yet again? It is though I fell asleep and dreamed only of nightmares, just to wake and be trapped in a world without reason or beauty. A depraved world where you consort with monsters and demons, whom only live to fill your entire essence with torment and insanity. It is though you are eating at a beautiful restaurant, but in rapid succession discover that: the walls are painted with blood; your waiter is a ghoul born from an unholy fire that does not cleanse, only burns without end; the food you were consuming is not a juicy steak, but a bloated rat afloat in a shallow pool of piss and ignorance; your stomach has been replaced with linen, soaked in bile and wrapped around a fusillade, a fine fuselage built to drag out your unworthy existence a few more meters.

So yeah, other than that, good game.

morningbus said:
What filth have I been dragged into yet again? It is though I fell asleep and dreamed only of nightmares, just to wake and be trapped in a world without reason or beauty. A depraved world where you consort with monsters and demons, whom only live to fill your entire essence with torment and insanity. It is though you are eating at a beautiful restaurant, but in rapid succession discover that: the walls are painted with blood; your waiter is a ghoul born from an unholy fire that does not cleanse, only burns without end; the food you were consuming is not a juicy steak, but a bloated rat afloat in a shallow pool of piss and ignorance; your stomach has been replaced with linen, soaked in bile and wrapped around a fusillade, a fine fuselage built to drag out your unworthy existence a few more meters.

I love you so much.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
morningbus said:

You are a gift to mankind.

Red Scarlet

I'm still thinking because of what they said a couple months ago for custom campaign mapmakers that they are going to make all 8 survivors playable..

Twig

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
I'm still thinking because of what they said a couple months ago for custom campaign mapmakers that they are going to make all 8 survivors playable..
That's my guess, too. O:

Red Scarlet

Why else would they tell people "if you want any of the 8 survivors to say lines for your custom map, give us this/that"? I'm kinda confused as to the 'why is there no tag line for The Passing' though.

Top Bottom