• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Perhaps this is their way of retiring all original left 4 dead characters. They may allow for any character to sacrifice themselves at the end of the campaign and then it will just randomly choose which character died for left 4 dead 2.

What I would of liked them to do is release the left 4 dead 1 dlc first and allowed any character to sacrifice themselves at the end. They could then count which character sacrificed themselves the most between for a certain period of time. Whoever sacrificed themselves would then carry on into l4d 2 as the canonical ending.

Wait, so there's going to be The Passing, which is a new campaign for Left 4 Dead 2 featuring three of the survivors (?) from Left 4 Dead AND there's going to be more campaigns for Left 4 Dead?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
jaundicejuice said:
Wait, so there's going to be The Passing, which is a new campaign for Left 4 Dead 2 featuring three of the survivors (?) from Left 4 Dead AND there's going to be more campaigns for Left 4 Dead?

There is going to be *one* more campaign for Left 4 Dead. Hopefully a 5 mapper.

derFeef

I do not understand this. So we get The Passing, where 3 survivors from L4D1 are helping the survivors from L4D2. But what does determine which 3 survivors that would be?

The L4D2 DLC comes out first, so we already know who will die. This is a bit unsuprising for the L4D1 DLC then, no?

derFeef said:
I do not understand this. So we get The Passing, where 3 survivors from L4D1 are helping the survivors from L4D2. But what does determine which 3 survivors that would be?

The L4D2 DLC comes out first, so we already know who will die. This is a bit unsuprising for the L4D1 DLC then, no?

What I understand reading the thread:

L4D2 DLC has the players meet up with three survivors from L4D1

L4D1 DLC, in the finale, will allow a player - any player - to sacrifice their lives for the greater good of the other three.

Valve is planning a comic book that will likely detail the canonical outcome of the L4D1 sacrifice sequence, which feeds in to who you meet in L4D2.

We can already deduce who is likely getting the axe: Chet has mentioned Zoey and Francis in reference to how they interact with L4D2 characters, and an interview a few months ago from the voice actor of Louis stated he had already recorded his lines for The Passing. Bill's VA is apparently difficult to contact, and that alone (his unavailability to record lines for The Passing) may lead to him being the character to canonically give his life so that the other three can live.

Blizzard

Banned
Maxrunner said:
Why is the passing info not in its own thread???i dont understaind this thing about a character dieying.
L4D1 is mostly only discussed in the L4D2 thread, with the side effect that people who only have L4D1 (I am the only such person) get screamed at by the raving hordes (vertopci) when they comment about L4D1 in this thread (as other people are doing). :lol

derFeef

Sega1991 said:
What I understand reading the thread:

L4D2 DLC has the players meet up with three survivors from L4D1

L4D1 DLC, in the finale, will allow a player - any player - to sacrifice their lives for the greater good of the other three.

Valve is planning a comic book that will likely detail the canonical outcome of the L4D1 sacrifice sequence, which feeds in to who you meet in L4D2.

We can already deduce who is likely getting the axe: Chet has mentioned Zoey and Francis in reference to how they interact with L4D2 characters, and an interview a few months ago from the voice actor of Louis stated he had already recorded his lines for The Passing. Bill's VA is apparently difficult to contact, and that alone (his unavailability to record lines for The Passing) may lead to him being the character to canonically give his life so that the other three can live.
I dont know, pretty dumb that we already know who is going to die before the release of the L4D1 DLC. That makes is less "enjoyable" imho.

vertopci

Blizzard said:
L4D1 is mostly only discussed in the L4D2 thread, with the side effect that people who only have L4D1 (I am the only such person) get screamed at by the raving hordes (vertopci) when they comment about L4D1 in this thread (as other people are doing). :lol

QQ more Blizzard.

derFeef said:
I dont know, pretty dumb that we already know who is going to die before the release of the L4D1 DLC. That makes is less "enjoyable" imho.

But I think the point is that anyone can die in the L4D1 DLC. We know how is going to die in the comic book, maybe. But even if the comic portrays Bill as dying, Zoey can be the one to do it in the DLC, just because the player controlling Zoey chose that.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
wayward archer said:
My guess is that the passing will show one character getting killed (maybe random? maybe fixed), to save the others... while in the l4d1 version will allow any character to make the sacrifice (actually it sounded like the l4d1 version will be the 'idealized' version where the person making the sacrifice can survive for gameplay purposes).

The whole thing reminds me of the HL2 mod Zombie Master map called Red Queen where one player has to sacrifice themselves in this room that seals off and kill them with gas in order for the other players to escape.
lol you mean the map modeled after the lab from the RE movies? Awesome map. Its just a constant sprint for the exit.

Mar

We finally beat expert realism mode. Wow, that took a long time... Left 4 Dead 2 has to be the hardest game I've ever completed everything in.

Today looking around the interwebs I see there's a glitch to get that achievement on easy... Sigh.

Blizzard said:
6a00d83451b8c369e20120a912fd0b970b-.gif

Blizzard said:

Blizzard why have you not purchased L4D2? Come on mang!

Red Scarlet

Mar said:
We finally beat expert realism mode. Wow, that took a long time... Left 4 Dead 2 has to be the hardest game I've ever completed everything in.

Today looking around the interwebs I see there's a glitch to get that achievement on easy... Sigh.

Congrats!

Ferga said:
Your so brave!

Or dumb. OR BOTH

Red Scarlet

Hmm..we won, but since a local server can't be passworded, someone joined the game at the end then left, resulting in the two bots getting warped to the finale part of DC4, where the other player incapped them, but I guess one of them saved me from a Jockey. So it counts..but it's a little off. Probably have to redo after the other ones. But I'll take it as a victory for now!

EVIL

Red Scarlet said:
but since a local server can't be passworded
not even with sv_password "thisisthepassword" ? don't know, havent tried, but a standard feature to lock a versus mach would have been very much appriciated. We play at work everyday and it often happens that a friend joins uninvitedly, resulting in one team having a handicap (having to take care of this person who plays at a whole diffrent level then the rest of us*).

*or in less political correct terms, sucks monkey balls

Red Scarlet

EVIL said:
not even with sv_password "thisisthepassword" ? don't know, havent tried, but a standard feature to lock a versus mach would have been very much appriciated. We play at work everyday and it often happens that a friend joins uninvitedly, resulting in one team having a handicap (having to take care of this person who plays at a whole diffrent level then the rest of us*).

*or in less political correct terms, sucks monkey balls

What my friend and I do now is start the game up then go into offline mode on steam friends once we begin playing so people can't join our game (and crash his local server).

vazel

Banned
Dammit I just got spam. Coulda sworn it said we had a GAF L4D group in common but I don't see him in the GAF L4D VS League group...

20532b8.jpg

Just a heads up that an user named "R.L. POLO" on steam is spreading phishing links via chat messages. I'd post this in the Steam thread except that he found me through the GAF L4D VS League Group, and appears to only be targeting people in various other L4D steam groups.

Haha he moves quick it seems^

Twig

Banned
vazel said:
Dammit I just got spam. Coulda sworn it said we had a GAF L4D group in common but I don't see him in the GAF L4D VS League group...

20532b8.jpg
Yeah, I had the same thing. Ignore chat invites from people you don't know. That's what I do!

EDIT: Oh wait I think you have me on ignore. lewllll

Twig

Banned
vertopci said:
I kicked the fucking asshat out of the group so no more worries! Unless that shit rejoins the group D:
Second time it's happened with that group. Either that or the guy changed his name.

Mar

You know, out of all our banter and hilarious things that are said during our expert runs. The funniest line - which is actually kind of boring taken out of context - is when someone gets left behind or ran over whilst downed and passed due to running for the exit, and one of us would just say "left for dead" and continue on.

It never failed to make me laugh out loud or even bring a smirk to my face when remembering it the day after.

Red Scarlet

Oh? Yeah, whenever I change my tank music it would always restart after however long the original song was (so :52 for normal tank and 1:18 for finale tank).

Stallion Free said:
I kinda like the idea that Bill dies. I love all of the L4D1 characters, but I like the other three a little better than him.

Don't be hating on Bill. I would of rather of had them kill off one of the new characters instead since the old ones were much better. When I mean kill off one of the new characters, that character would be Rochelle.

Top Bottom