• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

andycapps

Red Scarlet said:
He and Himu need to play more. They like got the game then 5 days later don't play with us anymore or don't play. boooo

Haha you're always away or in game but not playing and I've been playing scavenge all the time, didn't think you liked that.

Just invite me sometime to the next time you and Himu are playing. And yeah, I like playing whatever. I do like the experience of the campaigns because it feels like an actual experience, versus and scavenge just feel like multiplayer to me, which it is.

HK-47 said:
Saying all the game modes are good is just bad form andy. You have to bicker like a whiny idiot over which one is more hardcore. Stop playing the game wrong!

:lol I know, right? I don't see why people can't have fun with different aspects of the same game. Versus definitely does have a learning curve to it, as does doing realism runs on expert or playing any campaign with only 2 survivors.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That price drops appears to be permanent. You cheap people aka Blizzard have no excuse anymore, not even an "I wasn't on the internet" excuse.

Red Scarlet

andycapps said:
Haha you're always away or in game but not playing and I've been playing scavenge all the time, didn't think you liked that.

Just invite me sometime to the next time you and Himu are playing. And yeah, I like playing whatever. I do like the experience of the campaigns because it feels like an actual experience, versus and scavenge just feel like multiplayer to me, which it is.

:lol I know, right? I don't see why people can't have fun with different aspects of the same game. Versus definitely does have a learning curve to it, as does doing realism runs on expert or playing any campaign with only 2 survivors.

If I am 'in game but not playing' I am most likely just watching a demo. Speaking of, last night's was pretty cool Stallion. Looks like they were practicing quadding. I couldn't figure out what Jenga said after you? told him to suck your dick though. Everyone was laughing from whatever was said.

Stallion Free said:
That price drops appears to be permanent. You cheap people aka Blizzard have no excuse anymore, not even an "I wasn't on the internet" excuse.
Except that some of those people are now waiting for another 50% off sale. :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Red Scarlet said:
If I am 'in game but not playing' I am most likely just watching a demo. Speaking of, last night's was pretty cool Stallion. Looks like they were practicing quadding. I couldn't figure out what Jenga said after you? told him to suck your dick though. Everyone was laughing from whatever was said.

Yeah those sluts really want their quadcap and they lose because of it. I don't remember what was said, but my voice shouldn't be recorded in demos.

Red Scarlet

I swore you guys DID get it on map 3, but someone broke free from the smoker. Nabs got deathpulled instead of vert though, that was a nice change.

I'm actually kind of surprised they didn't go for the super spit combo. Charge then pounce someone then spit on them, and it's like a guaranteed 70 damage or so. Some people probably consider it really cheap though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's hard to coordinate when you are on Jenga's team and are into a lot of the same games as him and mics end up getting used almost exclusively for intense gaming discussions. Dammit Jenga, dammit.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Yeah those sluts really want their quadcap and they lose because of it. I don't remember what was said, but my voice shouldn't be recorded in demos.

I still can't believe your stupid ass didn't realize we didn't use a single boomer or spitter in the last 4 maps of the Parish :lol

Stallion Free said:
It's hard to coordinate when you are on Jenga's team and are into a lot of the same games as him and mics end up getting used almost exclusively for intense gaming discussions. Dammit Jenga, dammit.

Talking about which Mass Effect character you want to bang isn't really what most people would consider an intense gaming discussion :p

I actually have no clue what you guys were talking about.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
vertopci said:
I still can't believe your stupid ass didn't realize we didn't use a single boomer or spitter in the last 4 maps of the Parish :lol

Talking about which Mass Effect character you want to bang isn't really what most people would consider an intense gaming discussion :p

I actually have no clue what you guys were talking about.

Hey man, I was too focused on trying to win to notice your combos. Also, we were discussing repercussions and politics in the Mass Effect universe :lol

Jenga and I are fucking deep.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Hey man, I was too focused on trying to win to notice your combos. Also, we were discussing repercussions and politics in the Mass Effect universe :lol

Jenga and I are fucking deep.

Fucking nerds you mean.

So am I :(

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Damn, I hope the movie I'm watching is over in time.

Or maybe the game won't get started util 12:15 again! We shall see!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
morningbus said:
Damn, I hope the movie I'm watching is over in time.

Or maybe the game won't get started util 12:15 again! We shall see!

We can't go anywhere without the bus, it is our preferred mode of transportation. We will wait at the stop until the bus arrives.

Diebuster

So I just got out of the most difficult game of co-op I've ever played. I was playing Dead Center on Expert Realism. Had some hiccups in chapter 2, but nothing out of the ordinary - until the finale. When the event started, it was like it was time to run for the rescue vehicle. The music was playing, endless hordes were coming, and there was a tank. This is all with my team only having stepped outside the elevator. We figured we would kill the tank and just continue along with the event, but killing the tank only summoned another, second tank almost instantly. Aside from the endless tanks, there were also endless hordes. There were no pauses in-between waves like usual, only more and more infected. After many, many tries my group gave up. I don't think it was possible to complete it given the circumstances.

Has this happened to anyone else? We were playing on an official server, so it wasn't a mod.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So last night Vert did a VS config update and it was fucking incredible. I didn't post last night because we pretty much switched over to Bad Company 2 right after the game and by the time we were done with that it was almost 4 in the morning. With the exception of the water movement speed change, every tweak was fucking awesome. Scoring changes, limited tier 2, lowered number of throwables, changed timers for the inf chooser, and and inf chooser that allows you to move your spawn position to each of the four survivers by pressing their associated number key or cycling through with right click (that kept resetting though, but Vert fix that post game). I was getting a little worn out on L4D2 (give me the L4D1 maps already so we have variety), but this completely refreshed it for me. It's much more tense, fast and absolutely fucking brutal.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A5N2MT87

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
So wait who were the ones that needed to modify their game mode so it was more challenging?

just kidding hehe

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
If anyone wants to play some customs, just message.

And Daigoro, we need to finish Coal'd Blood - Super Hordes and Vents Edition. Sorry, I was gonna play but I must have fallen asleep after messaging you.

AHappyPanda said:
Looking for a 3rd and 4th on XBL for Expert campaign Dead Center.

Send FR please

GT: Panda Owning Em

i was about to post if anyone played on 360, playing with randoms lately are :/ they always quit before the end of campaigns, middle of vs games :lol

I'll play any difficulty

i'll add you, and if anybody wants to add me, my gamertag is KILLERC0MB0
:lol yeah its all caps and the 0 are zeros

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I think my original post said I had to wait until it was $20-25! And by now it's not like anyone plays it anymore. :p

*edit*

HK-47 said:
So wait who were the ones that needed to modify their game mode so it was more challenging?

just kidding hehe
Twig said:
no no these are balance changes
:lol :lol :lol

vertopci

HK-47 said:

just kidding hehe

The config isn't made to make the game more challenging, its made so the team who plays better always wins. If you look at some of the other demos stallion posted, you'll see that sometimes the shittier team wins due to some lucky deathcharge or something. Which is total bullshit since a team that makes only one mistake on one map shouldn't lose to a team who has made several mistakes on every single map.

I don't believe you were just kidding!

Also Stallion needs to quit being a bitch and accept the water movement speed is awesome and hilarious

friskykillface said:
i was about to post if anyone played on 360, playing with randoms lately are :/ they always quit before the end of campaigns, middle of vs games :lol

I'll play any difficulty

i'll add you, and if anybody wants to add me, my gamertag is KILLERC0MB0
:lol yeah its all caps and the 0 are zeros

We tried in vain to get past the 3rd chapter with just 2 people :(

vertopci

Sanjay said:
vertopci seemed such a nub in this game, I guess he needs time adapt to this new config.

Says the guy who totally fucked over our team. In every single map. And took over a minute to figure out what his three teammates meant by "FUCKING TAKE THE FUCKING ADREN YOURE FUCKING BLACK AND WHITE"

Also my name doesn't have a capital V you bastard >:|

Volcynika

vertopci said:
Says the guy who totally fucked over our team. In every single map. And took over a minute to figure out what his three teammates meant by "FUCKING TAKE THE FUCKING ADREN YOURE FUCKING BLACK AND WHITE"

Also my name doesn't have a capital V you bastard >:|

u mad?

So I was playing on the 360 last night with randoms (gaffers are too good to play on the 360 :p) and there was this one guy who could warp us all over the map, give us infinite bombs, spawn weapons, etc. Where did this come from ? Are there cheat codes? Was this some Valve person?

Red Scarlet

vertopci said:
The config isn't made to make the game more challenging, its made so the team who plays better always wins. If you look at some of the other demos stallion posted, you'll see that sometimes the shittier team wins due to some lucky deathcharge or something. Which is total bullshit since a team that makes only one mistake on one map shouldn't lose to a team who has made several mistakes on every single map.

I don't believe you were just kidding!

Also Stallion needs to quit being a bitch and accept the water movement speed is awesome and hilarious

No, that's crap. The new configs are designed to make it harder for survivors because pro players bitch that it all comes down to whoever does more damage as infected. Don't even bother to contest that, you know that is exactly why they make changes. They claim it is 'too easy' on vanilla so they made changes ever since Frustmod to make it in theory harder.

As to why you even give me crap for trying things on my own is stupid, at least I don't have to wait for other people to nerf shit to try stuff on my own. I'm better at versus than you are at campaign and I play it 75% of the time less than you.
hey I'm drunk

Red Scarlet

Well I don't have access to my Steam account till Monday since I am hanging out with friends out of town. Maybe my pinky will heal a little though; right now it is as hard as a rock and I can stab it with a knife and it doesn't hurt. Now 2 games have killed the nerves in two of my fingers on my right hand. Good thing I'm left handed ;).

Fuck I shouldn't post when I'm drunk.

Blizzard

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
No, that's crap. The new configs are designed to make it harder for survivors because pro players bitch that it all comes down to whoever does more damage as infected. Don't even bother to contest that, you know that is exactly why they make changes. They claim it is 'too easy' on vanilla so they made changes ever since Frustmod to make it in theory harder.

As to why you even give me crap for trying things on my own is stupid, at least I don't have to wait for other people to nerf shit to try stuff on my own. I'm better at versus than you are at campaign and I play it 75% of the time less than you.
hey I'm drunk
:/ Don't mind vert, it's all trollan gamez.

I assume Frustmod or whatever it's called was named that due to being intended as a "frustration mod" though, so it would seem to make sense that it was actually intended to make the mode more difficult.

As far as I know the passing hasn't come out, but I guess I was thinking they were going to update L4D1 at the same time, so who knows.

*edit*

Red Scarlet said:
Well I don't have access to my Steam account till Monday since I am hanging out with friends out of town. Maybe my pinky will heal a little though; right now it is as hard as a rock and I can stab it with a knife and it doesn't hurt. Now 2 games have killed the nerves in two of my fingers on my right hand. Good thing I'm left handed ;).

Fuck I shouldn't post when I'm drunk.
You need to quit playing games so much, and seriously change to a more normal keyboard/mouse control. I'm dead serious. :( Life's not worth ruining your hands early especially when you use computers for fun or for a living. You might have 60 years of life ahead of you with horrible hands if you don't stop this sort of thing now.

And stabbing it with a knife = you should get some rest tonight. Good golly. :(

Red Scarlet

Nah, frustmod was named after the guy that created it, Frustian. You should get l4d2 sometime, Blizz, but don't blab as much as you normally do. It makes it harder to hear stuff.

Blizzard

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Nah, frustmod was named after the guy that created it, Frustian. You should get l4d2 sometime, Blizz, but don't blab as much as you normally do. It makes it harder to hear stuff.
I stand corrected about the name. And I'm sorry for talking too much. When I used to play, I think I sometimes offered to talk less when I played with people (i.e. you and the campaign cohorts) if anyone requested it. :/

Top Bottom