• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Nabs

my mic never worked under windows xp. things seem fine now, especially with mumble. :lol also, you record all the demos so i would just shut up w/ in-game chat.

Blizzard

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
You suck though Nabs, you DO NOT talk when I am around. You talk fine around other ppl. Why?
I don't think he really talks unless he's in mumble with vert. I think I once managed to make him say something in TF2, but mostly he's afraid everyone will think he's a hardcore gangster when he talks, instead of a lovable old joker. :/

Nabs

i dont like talking in game because i have to use that loopback feature to make sure the levels are right. real annoying on my end.

Red Scarlet

Nabs said:
my mic never worked under windows xp. things seem fine now, especially with mumble. :lol also, you record all the demos so i would just shut up w/ in-game chat.

Dude, I don't care if you're black or not. You are a fun guy to play with and I love Coach! I would REALLY love though if you and vert tried 2-player advanced realism since you guys are pretty close pals. I think vert would show a little more respect after trying it on Dead Center. DC4 is reallllly damn hard with only 2 people. But he just talks a lot of shit. You're cool though. <3 Nabs.

We should hold a massive L4D2 party where all of team Co-Op and Team Vs. put aside their differences and see each other for who we really are- complete strangers who post on a video game message board.

Also we would be drunk.

Red Scarlet

Why the hell are you still up blizzard? You go to bed at like 10PM.

wtf

BuddhaRockstar said:
We should hold a massive L4D2 party where all of team Co-Op and Team Vs. put aside their differences and see each other for who we really are- complete strangers who post on a video game message board.

Also we would be drunk.

I love all the l4d1 and 2 folk. I play this game way too much and I could have finished my backlog if it weren't for these games. But then again I am the unofficial GAF L4D hooker.

But I don't charge money, so that'd make me a slut instead. L4D SLUTS UNITE

Sibylus

Banned
Better than being an SDK slut, less teasing :p

Edit: I have good reason to suspect Drunktolf would be a hopelessly incapacitated, laughing moron.

Uncle AJ

Red Scarlet said:
I love all the l4d1 and 2 folk. I play this game way too much and I could have finished my backlog if it weren't for these games.

Replace L4D with TF2, and that's been my exact same situation for the past 2 and a half years. Even worse for me is how I've taken it upon myself to review games, so I'm professionally obligated to tear myself away from my favs. Didn't stop me from logging 200+ hours on L4D2 and Borderlands, though.

I can only hope that this thread mutates into what the Rock Band thread did: it's own sub forum where the people know each other so well that they post their Gaming and OT stuff here instead.

Red Scarlet said:
But then again I am the unofficial GAF L4D hooker.

But I don't charge money, so that'd make me a slut instead. L4D SLUTS UNITE

Now that I can't relate to.

Note to self: continue getting wasted only at friends' places so that I'll always be out of reach of computers with internet access.

Man, there is nothing like a good Versus game. Havn't had a mic for a week or two, and still managed to cooperate. Whenever games come down to a round or two, it's just fan-fucking-tastic. :D

Anyone feel like doing Expert campaigns on the 360 this week? School is slowing down so I'll have some free time.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
drkOne said:
I hope you were also drunk when you removed me from your list!

I couldn't remember the last time I played with you and I was cleaning my friends list out when I realized there were a bunch of people who I didn't even remember who they were or what game I had played with them. :( Forgive me!

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I couldn't remember the last time I played with you and I was cleaning my friends list out when I realized there were a bunch of people who I didn't even remember who they were or what game I had played with them. :( Forgive me!
How could you forget ME. ):

Sibylus

Banned
Crafting update because HK seems interested :)P):

I made a "scramble" crate this week. When you Use it, it dumps 1 batch of items into the inventory. There are 12 different batch possibilities, with 4 "Recovered nothing" possibilities. In other words, there's a 25% chance that the crate is empty. When you do recover something from this type of crate, the haul always will contain at least 2 different items (ie wood and metal). Individual items in the world, such as a bottle, will always return one item type.

If I need more variety than that, I can just create another 16-slot logic entity and have some of a map's crates draw from the second list (so some would be on list 1, others on 2). Not as truly random as I'd like, but the text/hint message entities kind of limit me in that regard. I'm not sure how to dump a pure math value into a message string defined in Hammer's entity tools.

Daigoro

holy shit @ drunk Scarlet. :lol

HK-47 said:
If anyone wants to play some customs, just message.

And Daigoro, we need to finish Coal'd Blood - Super Hordes and Vents Edition. Sorry, I was gonna play but I must have fallen asleep after messaging you.

yeah, np. steam was actually down for me anyways, then i had to crash hard.

lets do some more customs soon for sure. i want to try out those HL2 maps too. those look cool.

Cimarron

I don't have a PC anymore and I am playing L4d2 on the 360 now. Is anyone playing this one one of the new Mac Mini's? with Steam coming to Macs I may just have to double dip.

Cimarron said:
I don't have a PC anymore and I am playing L4d2 on the 360 now. Is anyone playing this one one of the new Mac Mini's? with Steam coming to Macs I may just have to double dip.
Double dip? Can you you just continue playing using the license you used to play on the PC?

Teknoman

Is it better to have sound coming through the headset, or just transmit your voice through the headset while sound/others voices comes out of your speakers?

Boonoo

Teknoman said:
Is it better to have sound coming through the headset, or just transmit your voice through the headset while sound/others voices comes out of your speakers?

I didn't think you could split them up (on the PC version anyway), which ends up working well since not being able to hear what other people are saying during gun fights adds to the tension.

Teknoman

Boonoo said:
I didn't think you could split them up (on the PC version anyway), which ends up working well since not being able to hear what other people are saying during gun fights adds to the tension.

Well something like that happened while I was playing TF2 on the GAF server the other day. Set up my headset, and the in game voice tester picked up my voice, yet replayed what I said through the speakers.

I think I have default recording set to my headset, and default speakers set to my normal speakers, so that might be why.

Mar said:
Wait, there's an alternative?
shining.gif

I must admit I've played it too many times with a good buzz on.

andycapps

Boonoo said:

No, that's not a good thing. The voices should be able to come through the headset. That was the first thing I assumed when I hooked up my USB headset was that I could set voicechat to come through the earpiece and game volume to come out of my PC speakers. Shame that that feature isn't in there, seems pretty basic.

Mudkips

Banned
andycapps said:
No, that's not a good thing. The voices should be able to come through the headset. That was the first thing I assumed when I hooked up my USB headset was that I could set voicechat to come through the earpiece and game volume to come out of my PC speakers. Shame that that feature isn't in there, seems pretty basic.

It is a good thing. I hate games that do this.
Hearing people loud and clear during a major battle is ridonkulous.

(I've never seen a PC game do this, because you would need a separate, dedicated sound channel for it).

Top Bottom