• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Rahnter

Rage talk aside, any had the pallet jack block them in the hallway in the Mall chapter? It's right after you go over the door and there are two vending machines in the entrance way and weapons. Both teams were confused. No tank and don't think the charger can move it. After a couple of minutes of trying to get over it, shoot it, melee it, it finally moved back. Glitch I guess.

Plaguefox said:
It's a game mechanic that always puzzled me. I do it on instinct now, even in games that have long since abandoned it.

Oh, and that ragequit talk up there? I'm not really that guy. I'm so polite when I play that people don't like playing with me. Might be I'm not so good at versus but I like to blame my civilized demeanor.
I like people like you in L4D. They don't bitch, complain or order shit around and are good team supporters. There's another guy just like you he goes by DarthDie. He's so polite he thanks you for every little thing you do. He'd heal your ass if you ask him to even if he's near death. He's a terrific player to boot.

I can be a little snappy sometimes but since L4D2 came out I've been generally calm and polite about things except on a few occasions where I kindly ask people what the fuck are they doing.

Twig

Banned
Himuro said:
I haven't had to do that in years.
Of course I don't HAVE to do it. I just do.

It's also really helpful when taking small shortcuts to get away from enemies, etc. Maybe not so much in L4D, but in TF2 it helps all the time.

XenoRaven

I only get jerky playing L4D when I have a mic for some reason. I think it's because if I have to type I can think about what I'm going to say instead of having the crazy knee jerk reaction I do over voice chat. Looks like you guys do both, but mostly text. I may do that as well when I finally can get this game. Really hoping I get into that beta...

Red Scarlet

Jin34 said:
:lol "And I would have made that jump if it weren't for those meddling zombies and their dog"

I could be mean and make a full version; we were there for about 4-5 minutes I think trying to get him up there. I am christening that the Himujump for when I play.

Rahnter

RustyNails said:
I like people like you in L4D. They don't bitch, complain or order shit around and are good team supporters. There's another guy just like you he goes by DarthDie. He's so polite he thanks you for every little thing you do. He'd heal your ass if you ask him to even if he's near death. He's a terrific player to boot.

I appreciate this attitude more than the opposite, but lately I've had people who keep saying "good charge, spit, etc". At first you feel like a million bucks, but then you realize they
say this to everyone, every time. Not saying that's the case with either. But yeah, if you're a good team supporter I don't care if you call me an ass for messing up.

Jin34

Red Scarlet said:
I could be mean and make a full version; we were there for about 4-5 minutes I think trying to get him up there. I am christening that the Himujump for when I play.

Do you guys use voice chat or text chat? Because earlier when I was playing with others for the first time (tweaking settings first, then for my new MX518 mouse) I didn't notice my mic was broadcasting the whole time and it was driving others nuts since its embedded on the monitor, good thing I was wearing headphones at least :lol

Red Scarlet

Yeah we can do that. We just finished Hard Rain a minute ago. Was the fastest one on our 2 player..he said it was 1:45. The finale was pretty exciting, but our streak of both of us escaping ended. Who didn't make it? It might surprise you!

Sibylus

Banned
Dicking around with entities:

2utqcdw.jpg

10fuh74.jpg

If I can make some interesting scavenging and crafting systems, I may design and build a map around them. I'm thinking blizzards and deadly ice storms with some very impoverished survivors caught in the middle.

Rubezh

Is there anyway to disable the special infected and tanks in survival mode? I'm messing around on a few custom maps on my local server and I can only last 1 - 2 minutes alone. I tried director_no_specials 1 and director_no_bosses 1 but the tanks still spawn.

My guess is the 360 build was delayed due to Microsoft taking the usual turn around time to "okay" a patch.
April fools now seems more likely for a release date. :lol

Sibylus

Banned
Watched the Lead and Red Scarlet Hard Rain finale, lots of crazy stuff happening.

Jockey at the end to kill RS. What a twist! :O

Sibylus

Banned
Woohoo, got my basic item collection and crafting system working. Created two molotovs in-game :3

Prolly gonna make at least 2 maps (a beginning map and a finale dealio).

April will actually be a good time for it to come out as there isn't a ton of other stuff coming out in April. March was actually a pretty crowded month. And May looks like it will be too.

ToyMachine228 said:
April will actually be a good time for it to come out as there isn't a ton of other stuff coming out in April. March was actually a pretty crowded month. And May looks like it will be too.
For those burnt out on L4d2 do you think The Passing will rejuvinate your interest?

vazel

Banned
LovingSteam said:
For those burnt out on L4d2 do you think The Passing will rejuvinate your interest?
I swore to myself I'll just play through The Passing only a couple times at most. I've already spent way too much time with this game to the point where I find it embarrassing(480hrs thank you Steam stats). Now I only play the game when I get invited by friends usually scavenge matches.

Red Scarlet

Hooray, beat the Parish. I think the finale only took 3 tries (on the second, lead got midair pulled at the end by a smoker in mid-jump and I couldn't see him). It was a lot easier than level 4 was.

I just got the Orange Box so I now have extra copy's of Half Life 2, Ep 1 and a month of Team Fortress 2 so if any one wants them send me a PM of the one you want and your email.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SundaySounds said:
Let's shoot for an assembly at 10pm, so we can start playing by 10:30. EST, folks.

Sounds sexy.

BuddhaRockstar said:
We're getting the band back together?!

We never broke up, it's just been an off period where we have been struggling to get 8 :(

It's mostly Panda and Midnight's fault.

Red Scarlet

Record if you can! I'm gonna probably be redoing Hard Rain tonight so we both survive and we'll be "complete" with L4D2 2-player (then we get to do 3 of the campaigns in 1 since I didn't survive those).

Loving the game, but my Emulator's been giving me trouble lately. Haven't had the time to sit down and fix it. In the game I just got the Sword of Judgement.

Teknoman

Botolf said:
Woohoo, got my basic item collection and crafting system working. Created two molotovs in-game :3

Prolly gonna make at least 2 maps (a beginning map and a finale dealio).

Wow...and here I thought you were just tossing around ideas. Nice work :D

LovingSteam said:

Yes, for about as long as it takes to beat The Passing once.

Left4Dead and Left4Dead 2 are great games but they're still not the "infinitely replayable" games Valve promised. At least, not to me. I've still never really gotten in to Versus, Survival or Scavenge, so for me it's basically "play a campaign with my friends once every two or three months".

I doubt The Passing will change that.

123rl

Versus is the main part of the game though. That's where I spend 80% of my time on it. It's much more challenging and dynamic and playing as a team of Special Infected is so much fun. Always

Top Bottom