• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Uncle AJ

Here is a pretty funny moment from a game I played with Dice earlier tonight.

Hey Red, what method do you use for spitting out .avi files? I'm using the "startvideo videoname.avi avi" command and choosing a codec, but if I use the DivX codec the resulting file is 0 KB, and using anything else results in audio sync issues like in my Youtube vid here.

bkw

Aw yeah! Time to get back into L4D2!

Though that mutations thing means I'll be playing the game for weeks to come (again). Not going to be good for the backlog. :lol

123rl

I just finished it in single player. It's ace and really worth the hype and build-up. It's three missions, two are fairly long, much bigger than the rest of L4D2 levels, and the last level is a Scavenge-type finale like Dead Centre's

Golf club - brutal! :D

I found a candy bar! Whoops...false alarm! :lol

Definitely better than Crash Course and probably the best single campaign mission in L4D2 for replayability due to its more open maze-y, double-back structure. The AI director will probably change up more of this new campaign than any other. Like the new foot lockers that can show up at different places basically give you lots (or an infinite amount?) of one item...sometimes not so useful, though, in the case that it's a bunch of pistols instead of, say, a health item or throwable. New uncommon is basically like random item/weapon drop ship that runs from you that you'd see in an old shoot 'em up...these dudes run fast and get away unless you're hitting them hard. Finish is like a potentially more complicated Dead Center scavenge finale. Finale seemed to have actually had a little chugging in the framerate going on in the X360 version...could be my system...on normal with three AIs. New avatar reward hat is nice.

First Mutation is Realism Versus. The Mutations may well be the possible new co-operative modes because, as it says in the new update-able blog news screen in the title menu, the Mutation can be any mode...competitive or cooperative. So, no specific hardwired co-op mode added AFAIK.

syllogism

MightyHedgehog said:
First Mutation is Realism Versus. The Mutations may well be the possible new co-operative modes because, as it says in the new update-able blog news screen in the title menu, the Mutation can be any mode...competitive or cooperative. So, no specific hardwired co-op mode added AFAIK.
The official blog specifically talks about mutations and then states

"In addition, "The Passing" offers a new co-operative challenge mode of play"

syllogism said:
The official blog specifically talks about mutations and then states

"In addition, "The Passing" offers a new co-operative challenge mode of play"
Sure that later text isn't just a reiteration on the bulletpoints? I don't see anything else added.

TP

Honestly I didn't think that was spoiler tag material, its not like I told you how Episode three ends.
Bill-------
was rumored to be the one who dies for a while

If it was that big a deal you should have avoided the thread, ill go back and edit the post.

Kajiba

MightyHedgehog said:

Definitely better than Crash Course and probably the best single campaign mission in L4D2 for replayability due to its more open maze-y, double-back structure. The AI director will probably change up more of this new campaign than any other. Like the new foot lockers that can show up at different places basically give you lots (or an infinite amount?) of one item...sometimes not so useful, though, in the case that it's a bunch of pistols instead of, say, a health item or throwable. New uncommon is basically like random item/weapon drop ship that runs from you that you'd see in an old shoot 'em up...these dudes run fast and get away unless you're hitting them hard. Finish is like a potentially more complicated Dead Center scavenge finale. Finale seemed to have actually had a little chugging in the framerate going on in the X360 version...could be my system...on normal with three AIs. New avatar reward hat is nice.

That part was great.

Yeah, that finale really taxes the 360. But kinda understandable given how big and open it is.

Pretty awesome campaign. Crash Course 2.0 this is not.

UltimaPooh said:
No you don't. You're only talking to Francis.

Ha! Wow, I was actually talking to Zoey at the beginning. I'm gonna have to replay the ass off this.

My favorite Ellis, maybe ever:
"Hey, Nick! We should get tattoos that say 'BROS'."

Top Bottom