• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

ezekial45

Banned
Anyone for City 17 and Space Jockeys later tonight? Or any other l4d 1 or 2 custom map!

Don't think I forgot that we need to finish Silent Hill. I'm looking at you HK, Story, and Bot. :D

Dogenzaka

Banned
ezekial45 said:
Anyone for City 17 and Space Jockeys later tonight? Or any other l4d 1 or 2 custom map!

Don't think I forgot that we need to finish Silent Hill. I'm looking at you HK, Story, and Bot. :D

City 17 and Space Jockeys? What's that?

derFeef

HK-47 said:
But you havent even finished Mob Stadium!
I did not? Oh was it that one where I quit mid-game? Still sorry for that.

edit: Seeing the last screenshot of Nick with Zoey behind and now that Achievement icon where a survivor stands on a balcony - I am under the impression we will just get some "support fire" from the old crew and not directly meet them. That would be a bit sad.

Sibylus

Banned
BuddhaRockstar said:
Not quite sure if there's anything in the blog update that would be considered a spoiler- we all know why this campaign is called the passing, the fallen survivor is common knowledge, as is the gold club and M60... all that's really left from that blog post is the unannounced modes, which will be announced on Wednesday, it's not really spoiling anything to speculate on them is it?
Some people want to find out what's new in-game and not here on Gaf. Kinda hard to do that when this thread discusses everything out in the open :p

Passing news:

6225692_73da197b1a.jpg

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
derFeef said:
I did not? Oh was it that one where I quit mid-game? Still sorry for that.

edit: Seeing the last screenshot of Nick with Zoey behind and now that Achievement icon where a survivor stands on a balcony - I am under the impression we will just get some "support fire" from the old crew and not directly meet them. That would be a bit sad.

sorry, I was talking to ezekial and forgot to quote.

Red Scarlet

Yay Thursday!

HEY CAN YOU GUYS DO ME A FAVOR?

I absolutely love watching demos. I plan on recording the first play I do of the passing like I did with the other stuff. If any of you guys in the thread can record a demo then put it up on megaupload or something I'd love to get them and watch y'alls first times through too.

To record a demo all you do is as soon as you start playing (aka not in lobby anymore), just open the console and type record nameofdemothatyouwant (like mine will be 042210passingfirstplay). That's all you do, it will make a seperate file for each map and will stop recording when you go back to lobby. Then just zip them up and put it up somewhere!

Thanks!

Damn it. I'm not going to pay for that DLC on Xbox live. Now I really need to get a decent PC put together. I'm worried I"ll kill my notebook if I game on it too much.

Don't laugh, I've had 2 notebooks die on me before because of graphics chip failures.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I want to play through first time with some people but I'm not all that good (or maybe I just seem not that good because others have played the levels 1000x more than me)

Who will have me on their team?

Uncle AJ

Red Scarlet said:
Yay Thursday!

HEY CAN YOU GUYS DO ME A FAVOR?

I absolutely love watching demos. I plan on recording the first play I do of the passing like I did with the other stuff. If any of you guys in the thread can record a demo then put it up on megaupload or something I'd love to get them and watch y'alls first times through too.

To record a demo all you do is as soon as you start playing (aka not in lobby anymore), just open the console and type record nameofdemothatyouwant (like mine will be 042210passingfirstplay). That's all you do, it will make a seperate file for each map and will stop recording when you go back to lobby. Then just zip them up and put it up somewhere!

Thanks!

Will do.

Dice said:
I want to play through first time with some people but I'm not all that good (or maybe I just seem not that good because others have played the levels 1000x more than me)

Who will have me on their team?

You mean first time through the original campaigns or first time through the Passing? I'm free tomorrow and Thursday night, respectively, if you want some help. SteamID: MoTheHawk

Hylian7

I think I know which original survivor is dead......

Look at the poster for "The Passing" carefully and you can figure it out.

Volcynika

Hylian7 said:
I think I know which original survivor is dead......

Look at the poster for "The Passing" carefully and you can figure it out.

Must've missed the part where the poster changes every time it's refreshed (full refresh)

:p

Hylian7

Plaguefox said:
They've got it changing slowly enough that you can't just ctrl-F5 it into obviousness. Or at least I couldn't get it to go rapidly.

I just watched it change after waiting about ten minutes and then refreshing, so it's definitely flipping around. Sly bastards. :)
It's been about 45 minutes since my initial post, and it's still the same. I think it may have stopped now.

Daigoro

wow spoilers in that achievement list! some cool stuff there.

they have Midnight Riders songs coming out for Rock Band? :lol thats funny. hope theyre free. edit: theyre not FREE. unfortunate...

cool that theyre pimping custom maps on the blog too.

im psyched for the new content. ill be around most of the day tomorrow and only early on Thursday, but maybe some i can get some games in with some of you guys in the next few days.

when we last left our hero... i was playing L4D1 with Spotless and L4D2 customs with HK. time to put down the Trials bike and pick up the mouse. time to kill zombies with friends please!

ill be on Steam tomorrow early.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I recorded a demo. For some reason the game crashes every time I try to load a demo. Bummer.

Anyway it's me running through Plantation on easy, if you'd like a demonstration of my skill or lack thereof.

ezekial45

Banned
It may be a little late but who is up for some custom maps! Any good custom map for 1 or 2, got Badwater Basin, Space Jockeys, and Diescraper if anyone is up for it!

D'aww. Friendly Fire is mine :D

I chuckled on some parts:

- Red miscalculating and getting incapped on the lift, ultimately killing herself (I was thinking, "Oh, man, is he gonna save her in time!?"..."Nope! :lol")

- Everyone pretty much failing at going up the pipe ladders and hanging at one point or another :lol

- ezekial laughing [as Rochelle] in the castle/fortress and dying...then dying again after being saved XD

Also, it's nice to see I'm not the only one with the habit of reloading, even when you have special rounds :lol

Sibylus

Banned
Ugh, yes, reloading special rounds. I feel so silly doing that, especially considering I'm not actually eating ammunition from my magazines. It's like a compulsive behaviour or something.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Daigoro said:
wow spoilers in that achievement list! some cool stuff there.

they have Midnight Riders songs coming out for Rock Band? :lol thats funny. hope theyre free. edit: theyre not FREE. unfortunate...

cool that theyre pimping custom maps on the blog too.

im psyched for the new content. ill be around most of the day tomorrow and only early on Thursday, but maybe some i can get some games in with some of you guys in the next few days.

when we last left our hero... i was playing L4D1 with Spotless and L4D2 customs with HK. time to put down the Trials bike and pick up the mouse. time to kill zombies with friends please!

ill be on Steam tomorrow early.

You are never on! We still havent finished our Coal'd Blood playthrough.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
dragonlife29 said:
D'aww. Friendly Fire is mine :D

I chuckled on some parts:

- Red miscalculating and getting incapped on the lift, ultimately killing herself (I was thinking, "Oh, man, is he gonna save her in time!?"..."Nope! :lol")

- Everyone pretty much failing at going up the pipe ladders and hanging at one point or another :lol

- ezekial laughing [as Rochelle] in the castle/fortress and dying...then dying again after being saved XD

Also, it's nice to see I'm not the only one with the habit of reloading, even when you have special rounds :lol

That was me. Which is hilarious as I had been the least accident prone up until that point.

Supposedly Valve may be releasing The Passing in a few hours. They were uploading something on to their servers and folks think it may just be the DLC.

Someone posted this pic on the forums who has a media account.

proofs.png

LovingSteam said:
Supposedly Valve may be releasing The Passing in a few hours. They were uploading something on to their servers and folks think it may just be the DLC.

Someone posted this pic on the forums who has a media account.

proofs.png
5AM eh, off to bed.

Top Bottom