• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Dartastic

Why am I not seeing the update on Steam? It's nowhere to be found.

Edit - tried to start it, now it's updating reeeeeeeeeeally slowly.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Minamu said:
Woot, it's on sale. 20.09€ (weird price). Should I buy? :D

Did you like Left 4 Dead 1? Do you like shooting zombies? Are you okay with an okay-ish singleplayer experience but a pretty phenomenal multiplayer game? Are you okay with about half the community being totally awesome dudes and dudettes, and half being unbearable jerks that will just as soon kick you out of the game halfway through the level as look at you?

If you answered yes to more than one of these it is definitely worth the 20€.

Plasma

Banned
Linkzg said:
Is there a trick to downloading this?

It isn't even acknowledging there is a download, and steam keeps fucking up.

If you go into settings/downloads you can change the region you're downloading from.

Linkzg said:
Is there a trick to downloading this?

It isn't even acknowledging there is a download, and steam keeps fucking up.
Try changing your region to a small European country or something. Poland or Benelux or something.

It's in View>Settings>Downloads

Minamu

Campster said:
Did you like Left 4 Dead 1? Do you like shooting zombies? Are you okay with an okay-ish singleplayer experience but a pretty phenomenal multiplayer game? Are you okay with about half the community being totally awesome dudes and dudettes, and half being unbearable jerks that will just as soon kick you out of the game halfway through the level as look at you?

Yes, yes, yes & yes. Will buy then.

Firebrand said:
Looks like they reduced the price by quite a bit, it was €49,99 (barf) a few months ago.
It was 30€ yesterday. Thank God I waited :lol

Firebrand

Campster said:

Are the campaigns not as good as the L4D1 ones? I could see myself paying €20 just to run through them a couple of times if they are.

Don't think I have patience for versus though, L4D1's versus community is probably the worst one I've ever encountered in an online game, vast majority of the games had people getting votekicked left and right for various non-reasons. Can imagine it's more fun with a bunch of friends though.

Minamu

Eh, Steam must be hammered or something. I just get an annoying error message when I try to purchase it. Something about my credit card company not accepting the info I've entered, though I've triple checked everything (unless I'm not allowed to use åäö in my address?). I've used the same visa card before on Steam...

Rubezh

Firebrand said:
Are the campaigns not as good as the L4D1 ones? I could see myself paying €20 just to run through them a couple of times if they are.

Don't think I have patience for versus though, L4D1's versus community is probably the worst one I've ever encountered in an online game, vast majority of the games had people getting votekicked left and right for various non-reasons. Can imagine it's more fun with a bunch of friends though.

I believe the Passing DLC adds bot support. I haven't finished downloading it yet but in theory you could set up a Versus game with you and a few close friends, or just yourself.

xero273

Rubezh said:
I believe the Passing DLC adds bot support. I haven't finished downloading it yet but in theory you could set up a Versus game with you and a few close friends, or just yourself.

bots in versus was added in another patch.

syllogism

Apparently the scripts contain most of the planned mutation names

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1235966

Chainsaws
First Man Out
Four Swords Men
Hardcore
Head Shots Only
Last Man One Earth
Linear Scavenge
M60s
Max Specials
Mutations 1
Mutations 2
Mutations 3
Mutations 4
Mutations 5
Mutations 6
Mutations 7
Mutations 8
Mutations 9
No Health Versus
Realism Versus
Temporary Health
Ultra Realism
Versus Survival
Vip Target

Firebrand

If you have problems with crappy download speeds, what usually works for me is Microsoft's TCPView. Run in admin mode (shift+rightclick) and keep killing off the Steam.exe connections until you get a server with better speeds.

I can imagine all of them getting pretty hammered at the moment though.

syllogism said:
Chainsaws
First Man Out
Four Swords Men
Hardcore
Head Shots Only
Last Man One Earth
Linear Scavenge
M60s
Max Specials
Mutations 1
Mutations 2
Mutations 3
Mutations 4
Mutations 5
Mutations 6
Mutations 7
Mutations 8
Mutations 9
No Health Versus
Realism Versus
Temporary Health
Ultra Realism
Versus Survival
Vip Target
Hmmm...sounds cool.

Realism Versus is pretty damn good. It's how Versus should always be, if you ask me. Why? Because there's no more "rush to the finish line" bullshit.
I mean, you CAN take that approach but you won't get very far at all.

Realism Versus should be a permanent mode!

Luigi87

The Passing downloaded/installed for me while I was out at a store.

... But everytime I try to play The Passing on single-player, it crashes at the end of the loading screen.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I guess I'm not the only one then.

I launch it up in single player and it just exits to the desktop as soon as the loading bar is filled. I launch Dead Center and all the guns are shining white and when I fire a shot the game crashes. Hurray. Hopefully there'll be a patch when I wake up tomorrow.

Good night. :)

Demigod Mac

Played it.

Massive spoiler alert:
Confirmed: Bill dies. I saw his body. The other survivors are together and talk about him in the past tense.

Luigi87

kinoki said:
I guess I'm not the only one then.

I launch it up in single player and it just exits to the desktop as soon as the loading bar is filled. I launch Dead Center and all the guns are shining white and when I fire a shot the game crashes. Hurray. Hopefully there'll be a patch when I wake up tomorrow.

Good night. :)

Actually, I just checked my game cache integrity, and there was an error (guess it happened during download) so it has to re-acquire.

Edit: After re-downloading, same issue... Joy.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Demigod Mac said:
Played it.

Massive spoiler alert:
Confirmed: Bill dies. I saw his body. The other survivors are together and talk about him in the past tense.

Where's his body? I never saw it, and never heard the LFD1 survivors talking about him. The only reason i know it's him is because he wasn't with the other 3. =/

Bisnic said:
Where's his body? I never saw it, and never heard the LFD1 survivors talking about him. The only reason i know it's him is because he wasn't with the other 3. =/

the room to the left of the generator, when looking at the spout

fresquito

Just beat the campaign. Good one. I expected some kind of event that explained things. I guess they are keeping some cards for the future. It was underwhelming from a story point of view.

I really like the first stage. The second and finale not that much, but they're good. BTW, it's not translated to Spanish. Grah!

Volcynika

fresquito said:
Just beat the campaign. Good one. I expected some kind of event that explained things. I guess they are keeping some cards for the future. It was underwhelming from a story point of view.

I really like the first stage. The second and finale not that much, but they're good. BTW, it's not translated to Spanish. Grah!

Explained things in what sense? (I haven't played it) They do have that L4D1 DLC coming out that leads up to The Passing's events, but not sure if you meant something else.

Played just the first mission waiting for my friends to download and play first time with them (at lest missions 2 and 3 :p)

Level desing is amazing. Storywise, pretty cohesive until now (I was pretty worried about this, especially cause the campaing takes between Dead Center and Dark Carnival). The new M60 is a BEAST, and I like the new uncommon infected :D

Only 2 complains:

1. What happened to the water sprite? The lake in the first part looks like a stale texture. Is just me or everybody has this thing? I remembered The Parish's water looking a thousand times more impresive than this.

2. Midnight Rider new song, not so hot as the 2 originals. Not precisely bad... but it's not my cup of tea.

Anywho, it's just me being obnoxious... for now it's been a great DLC.

Top Bottom