• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Blizzard

Banned
Volcynika said:
Honestly you have the intelligence of a gnat. Tons of people say L4D2 is great but you only seem to notice the few negative people (even those that talk about strictly the DLC, which doesn't include the whole game).
Let's not be mean to gnats. :)lol at stealth edit)

And hey, the people complaining are the ones that stick out! I don't really like killing zombies much, and versus usually feels really lagged and weird to me compared to something like tf2, so I have to be superduperconvinced I guess. :(

vertopci

Volcynika said:
Honestly you have the intelligence of a gnat. Tons of people say L4D2 is great but you only seem to notice the few negative people (even those that talk about strictly the DLC, which doesn't include the whole game)..

Nah man, Blizzard is a fucking genius. He clearly sees that L4D2 is one of the worst games ever made and not worth the cash.

Volcynika

Blizzard said:
Let's not be mean to gnats. :)lol at stealth edit)

And hey, the people complaining are the ones that stick out! I don't really like killing zombies much, and versus usually feels really lagged and weird to me compared to something like tf2, so I have to be superduperconvinced I guess. :(

I'm starting to wonder why you keep doing the same thing. All you do is come in here when there's a deal and go "IS IT WORTH IT?!??!?!?!" And then just listen to the smaller negative opinions and then don't buy it or say "OH WELL I MISSED IT, MAYBE NEXT TIME". And then the cycle continues the next time it goes on sale. Fix your indecisive attitude and just pick one or the other. Yeesh.

Sibylus

Banned
Blizzard said:
So both you and vert say L4D2 isn't worth it. :( With all the complaining in this thread I'm still trying to convince myself to get it. :(

Also what's FB so that we may avoid it messing with our tank skins?

I, too, agree that limiting custom game modes to a single week is silly. Hopefully people just make custom server options to allow those modes, like people presumably did to allow TF2 harvest event-mode to be played after the fact.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/omzom (that's 35 neogaffers in three days)

There's plenty of people who'll enjoy all of the game's modes with ya, heed not vert and his exclusionary ways!

Costanza

Banned
I didn't like The Passing much. Nothing special/interesting about it.

They really need to do something about the special infected spawns at the end, that shit is RIDICULOUS.

Blizzard

Banned
Volcynika said:
I'm starting to wonder why you keep doing the same thing. All you do is come in here when there's a deal and go "IS IT WORTH IT?!??!?!?!" And then just listen to the negative opinions and then don't buy it. And then the cycle continues the next time it goes on sale. Fix your indecisive attitude and just pick one or the other. Yeesh.
This isn't true, since the only sale within my price range (that I think I stated like a year ago when the game was announced) has been a one-day one that I basically missed since I was away from the internet for two days. :p

vertopci said:
Nah man, Blizzard is a fucking genius. He clearly sees that L4D2 is one of the worst games ever made and not worth the cash.
Well half the time that you go back to play L4D1 again, you seem to post comments about how L4D1 versus defecates all over L4D2 versus (upon which some people suggest that you are crazy). And then you confirmed your opinion!

vertopci said:
L4D2 isn't even worth a dollar!
And there's the evidence!
phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-justice-for-all-20100205095521316-000.jpg

vertopci

Shit Blizzard, you should become a detective or criminal investigator. Your skills are godlike.

Twig said:
My mistake. I must've confused you with TheOneGuy.

It's cool. People confuse me with that tool all the time!

Diebuster

Costanza said:
I didn't like The Passing much. Nothing special/interesting about it.

They really need to do something about the special infected spawns at the end, that shit is RIDICULOUS.

If they toned the SI spawn rate, it'd make the finale too easy since you have the help of the original survivors. It can get BRUTAL in the back areas though.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Blizzard said:
So both you and vert say L4D2 isn't worth it. :( With all the complaining in this thread I'm still trying to convince myself to get it. :(

I, too, agree that limiting custom game modes to a single week is silly. Hopefully people just make custom server options to allow those modes, like people presumably did to allow TF2 harvest event-mode to be played after the fact.

Please dont quote me if you are gonna drawn ridiculously conclusions from my criticisms that have nothing to do with them.

Blizzard

Banned
HK-47 said:
Please dont quote me if you are gonna drawn ridiculously conclusions from my criticisms that have nothing to do with them.
What I should have said, was that I was drawing from your comments (and those of other people in this thread like Costanza) that the new DLC isn't really worth it and is somewhat disappinting. Sorry if I misrepresented you.

May I ask what custom map/campaign replaced the tank skin, though? I wasn't sure of the abbreviation.

Twig said:
Wasn't Cold Case that custom campaign that had like an hour-long intro overflowing with pretentious bullshit?

Anyway, we (that is to say Volcano Man (until he left at which point a friend Cutters joined), notsol337, and Tyler-whose-GAF-name-I-forgot) tried The Passing expert earlier and failed miserably. Mostly because we couldn't find a dedicated server and so I was the only one without an awful ping.

We couldn't make it past the first map. I can't speak for the rest but I must be really out of practice. ):

I did have fun killing this tank, though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnxXeP4tLdA
Wow, great video! :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Blizzard said:
What I should have said, was that I was drawing from your comments (and those of other people in this thread like Costanza) that the new DLC isn't really worth it and is somewhat disappinting. Sorry if I misrepresented you.

May I ask what custom map/campaign replaced the tank skin, though? I wasn't sure of the abbreviation.

Free DLC that has problems but is still good and comes with a really cool new mode is still, guess what, free. I also never said anything about L4D2 proper.

The campaign is Freezer Burn. And guess what, thats also free and totally avoidable.

Sibylus

Banned
Blizzard said:

Even discounting Passing, L4D2 is worth far more than twenty bucks. It's a steal at this price.

Freezer Burn. It's a custom addon. If you get it, just uninstall it when you go back to the official campaigns or other addons.

Amir0x

Banned
Man the Port is such an amazing Scavenge level. It's always intense with even a decent time. And there's so many legitimate ways to approach the map. Really diggin' it.

Blizzard

Banned
HK-47 said:
Free DLC that has problems but is still good and comes with a really cool new mode is still, guess what, free. I also never said anything about L4D2 proper.

The campaign is Freezer Burn. And guess what, thats also free and totally avoidable.
I'm aware that Valve's PC DLC is free. I like that TF2 DLC is free! I was not super happy that L4D2 came out shortly after L4D1 but $21 is decent for a fair bit of game content. I'm aware that I might not like it or how it feels in online modes in terms of lag/aiming/hitting things/killing zombies when I want to play as zombies instead, but I have probably spent plenty for other games that I haven't played so I will probably get it anyway.

And yes, that is what I stated -- more accurately I should have said the statements of you and others indicated that the DLC is disappointing. Again, I apologize if I misrepresented you.

Thanks for the information about the acronym. I assumed it would be free and avoidable like all other L4D1 and L4D2 custom content, but I wanted to know the actual name so I could make sure to avoid it. =P

Red

Blackheim said:
I've been thinking about picking this up. Haven't played it, nor the 1st one. Would the bundle be recommended or just L4D2?
They're both great, but L4D2 is everything the first game is and more. You won't lose out if you get both, but the first one is not as essential.
Botolf said:
L4D1 is 30 dollars right now, L4D2 is on sale and is 20. The 1 & 2 bundle seems to be about 34$ right now.

I say buy the bundle, you'll get a hell of a lot of content.
The bundle is a great deal, and very much worth the cash.

Sibylus

Banned
Blackheim said:
I've been thinking about picking this up. Haven't played it, nor the 1st one. Would the bundle be recommended or just L4D2?
L4D1 is 30 dollars right now, L4D2 is on sale and is 20. The 1 & 2 bundle seems to be about 34$ right now.

I say buy the bundle, you'll get a hell of a lot of content.

Blackheim

Thanks guys, I'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands this week (work hours got cut back) so I need something to keep me occupied :) I'll grab the bundle tonight and start playing tomorrow. I'll join up with the Omzom group too.

Sibylus

Banned
Blackheim said:
Thanks guys, I'm going to have a lot of free time on my hands this week (work hours got cut back) so I need something to keep me occupied :) I'll grab the bundle tonight and start playing tomorrow. I'll join up with the Omzom group too.
Our ranks bulge and swell, braaaaains!

Myself and others might be interested in recording and playing during your first runs of 1 and 2's campaigns. That's always fun :3

Nabs

Amir0x said:
Man the Port is such an amazing Scavenge level. It's always intense with even a decent time. And there's so many legitimate ways to approach the map. Really diggin' it.

did you pick up l4d2 (pc) yet?

Blackheim

haha, oh man. I haven't played an online shooter in about 5 years (CS:S and CoD1) or something. It will probably highly entertaining and/or frustrating for anyone who tags along :p I'll check in tomorrow before I start playing to see if anyone would like to join...

Edit: And it's bought, I'm at work on my laptop so I'll have to wait until I get home to d/l it on my actual gaming PC. Though this machine could run it too, I may install it on this later.

Red Scarlet

Blizzard said:

Vert's stat page has 290 hours on L4D2, HK has 124. They don't hate the game that much. If all you are seeing are complaints, you are reallllllllly cherry picking posts.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Red Scarlet said:
Vert's stat page has 290 hours on L4D2, HK has 124. They don't hate the game that much. If all you are seeing are complaints, you are reallllllllly cherry picking posts.

Yeah we bitch about the game a lot, but that's because we love it so much. Our average VS groupie has over 100 hours in the game. My stats got reset every time it happened around launch and I still managed to have 166 hours.

Volcynika

Not sure, but apparently an update went out this evening

Left 4 Dead 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead 2
Fixed the localization sound caches
Fixed AI tanks sometimes not getting assigned to human players
Fixed exploit in C6M2 where players could jump through a gap in the fence
Fixed commentary maps crashing on load

SDK
Removed Perforce integration and Manifest UI when running Hammer under and SDK deployment
Removed Version control menu for SDK
Material nudging only works if the user has nudging enabled

I know I had an issue during realism VS last night where no one was assigned to be a tank, ever.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah we bitch about the game a lot, but that's because we love it so much. Our average VS groupie has over 100 hours in the game. My stats got reset every time it happened around launch and I still managed to have 166 hours.

No we all hate it. Vert is being completely serious and not sarcastic in anyway. We are the srs bsns vs. crew and all we do is bitch about L4D2 while playing it. We never have fun while playing and if we do start having fun we mod all the fun out of the game.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
BuddhaRockstar said:
No we all hate it. Vert is being completely serious and not sarcastic in anyway. We are the srs bsns vs. crew and all we do is bitch about L4D2 while playing it. We never have fun while playing and if we do start having fun we mod all the fun out of the game.

STOP HAVING FUN GUYS!

BuddhaRockstar said:
This describes me perfectly.

Red Scarlet

Looks like the recent update fixed the 'do 6 mutations' achievement. Now it has Realism Vs at the bottom right column and a checkmark next to it; yesterday it was 2nd to bottom, greyed out, and there was a checkmark next to the ??? at the very bottom right column.

Blizzard

Banned
I got the game, and almost immediately afterwards one of my friends agreed that they thought the passing DLC was disappointing, and worse than the "shortrun" (Crash Course I assume) update for L4D1. :lol

If no one else does, I should steal Botolf's modding skills and force mutations to be playable for longer than a week.

Red Scarlet

Really? I thought The Passing was much better than Crash Course. PG has a bit of a No Mercy vibe to it, and the 3 maps are a bit more varied. The finale's a nice combo of two other finales as well.

There's so little difference between Crash Course 1 and 2 they just blend together, and 2 maps was way underwhelming compared to the 5 of each campaign in 1.

PG has 3 maps, but the first two are pretty long, and a couple of the actual campaigns in the game only have 4 maps.

Top Bottom