• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

bee

fixed my crashing, its a driver or game bug on gtx 400 series cards, need to put shaders to medium until its fixed, just a heads up for anyone who has one

Did Valve shrink the range of the Tank's arms or something? Or it that how it's always been in L4D2, and I just haven't been a Tank enough times to notice before now?

Because Tank on Port is nigh useless if you can't line up a car throw.

EmCeeGramr said:
Did Valve shrink the range of the Tank's arms or something? Or it that how it's always been in L4D2, and I just haven't been a Tank enough times to notice before now?

Because Tank on Port is nigh useless if you can't line up a car throw.
I thought they gave him an even greater range. I've been on a rampage as of late. :D

Branduil

Haeleos said:
Had an opposing infected team wedge a dumpster into the safe room door at the end of Dead Center 2. You'd think they'd fix that shit before they'd make geometry changes to the levels... even L4D1 still has path blocking exploits.
How'd they wedge the dumpster in the door, with a tank?

Red Scarlet

Cool, saw and heard some new stuff from Firestorm's demo. Also, feel free to add 'bail out' Firestorm:
firestormbailout.gif

Firestorm

Red Scarlet said:
Cool, saw and heard some new stuff from Firestorm's demo. Also, feel free to add 'bail out' Firestorm:
http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/firestormbailout.gif
So that's what happened!

I remembered that it was pretty late so I was checking my phone to see what time it was (is everyone else in the house asleep) so I knew how loud I could be. Then I looked back at my screen and I was somewhere else and my friends were asking me how I got there:lol

ashism

The passing finale on realism vs is so freaking hard. Even with 4 mics it was still really confusing to coordinate. Add the fact you don't have the old survivors helping, it makes for a very short finale.

Good times though!

Red Scarlet

Firestorm said:
So that's what happened!

I remembered that it was pretty late so I was checking my phone to see what time it was (is everyone else in the house asleep) so I knew how loud I could be. Then I looked back at my screen and I was somewhere else and my friends were asking me how I got there:lol

Ah, haha. I love moments like that. Pop had a good one on our first play. RD got smoked to a drop point (I think it was that board you run across between 2 buildings) and Pop ran and jumped off after him.

Red Scarlet said:
Ah, haha. I love moments like that. Pop had a good one on our first play. RD got smoked to a drop point (I think it was that board you run across between 2 buildings) and Pop ran and jumped off after him.
The worst part about that was, I knew it was going to happen, but couldn't go any faster because running through a teammate on a narrow bridge just results in someone falling anyways... =(

Blackheim

Played the first L4D today, solo single player since no one expressed any interest in joining. I didn't realize these things hauled ass like 28 Days Later zombies, sheesh. Started off *pow pow pow* blowin' fools up as they shambled in the distance and then RAAAAAA, a wave came as if someone lit their asses on fire. I thought it was hilarious, cool game so far though :)

DarkKyo

Blackheim said:
Played the first L4D today, solo single player since no one expressed any interest in joining. I didn't realize these things hauled ass like 28 Days Later zombies, sheesh. Started off *pow pow pow* blowin' fools up as they shambled in the distance and then RAAAAAA, a wave came as if someone lit their asses on fire. I thought it was hilarious, cool game so far though :)
I honestly can't imagine Left 4 Dead with shambler zombies.

Blackheim said:
Play with friends, or heck, even pubs on lower difficulties. The human interaction is what takes it from fun to amazing.

Blackheim

Ah, I don't have any Steam friends and pretty much only one actual friend in MD (I'm in FL) and he doesn't have a 'net connection :/ So, not really an option...

Red Scarlet said:
firestormbailout.gif

What the hell is with Coach and that window? I had two different teammates as Coach and they both fell out from there. WTF.

Red Scarlet

I added you, Blackheim. Now you can feel my wrath.

How About No said:
What the hell is with Coach and that window? I had two different teammates as Coach and they both fell out from there. WTF.

Well obviously there is a candy bar on the ground right there that only Coach can see. Or a cheeseburger.

Red Scarlet

You stole the M60 I had been holding most of the 1st map! I was really tempted to just kill you then we'd do that over and over and that would have been funny now that I think about it.

Volcynika

Red Scarlet said:
You stole the M60 I had been holding most of the 1st map! I was really tempted to just kill you then we'd do that over and over and that would have been funny now that I think about it.

See, she has no respect for friends! I was just borrowing the M60 :(

Red Scarlet

Volcynika said:
See, she has no respect for friends! I was just borrowing the M60 :(

I swapped it out to use a different gun on the horde, you grabbed it and wouldn't give it back. I healed you too! I thought we were pals. :(

MoFuzz

Just got in on the Steam sale thanks to LQX. I'm not at home to try it on my main rig, but it definitely seems like performance is a lot worse than the first game. Any framerate improving tips for a dual core setup? Would reducing the gore level help? I've already got most graphics options set at medium or low and it still drops to around 30 fps at times.

I know quad cores tend to fare much better at this game. Might be looking at an upgrade soon. Look forward to playing with the rest of GAF tho.

Just played L4D2 for the first time in a while, and finished The Passing campaign. Good maps, but a little underwhelming.

Can't wait to play some GAF games again :D

jersoc

Blackheim said:
Ah, I don't have any Steam friends and pretty much only one actual friend in MD (I'm in FL) and he doesn't have a 'net connection :/ So, not really an option...
i am a l4d noob too. together we can noob it up. my id is jersoc on steam.

Top Bottom