• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Sibylus

Banned
Blizzard said:
I got the game, and almost immediately afterwards one of my friends agreed that they thought the passing DLC was disappointing, and worse than the "shortrun" (Crash Course I assume) update for L4D1. :lol

If no one else does, I should steal Botolf's modding skills and force mutations to be playable for longer than a week.
Oh no you don't you sunuvabI'M STILL USING EM

*locks skills away in a box*

Welcome to da community, mang.

notsol337

marked forever
Blizzard said:
The best part about the L4D2 is the community! They've welcome me richly already. :D

WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY WANNA PLAY?

WANNA PLAY?

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
Fuck the haters, Crash Course was fucking awesome. Of course I hardly got to play it in VS because it didn't work with our config :(

If by fucking awesome, you mean fucking shit, then yea you're absolutely correct.

Sanic

So are a decent amount of people playing the DLC on 360? I have some points to spend and haven't played L4D2 in forever, so now may be a good time to jump back in.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Ugh, was looking for to playing The Passing, but my computer started shutting down while playing. :\

Lowered some settings, which might've fixed it. I guess I'll try and go for Torch Bearer tomorrow night.

Edgeward

Just got l4d 2, and completed the first part. Really good fun. Especially as my first pc FPS experience, I'm having good fun with this mouse thingy. I just got into pc gaming so anyone is cool to roll with this newbie hit me up at Edgeward.

Red Scarlet

Edgeward said:
Just got l4d 2, and completed the first part. Really good fun. Especially as my first pc FPS experience, I'm having good fun with this mouse thingy. I just got into pc gaming so anyone is cool to roll with this newbie hit me up at Pandapowerbomb / Edgeward. Not sure if it's steam acct or profile so I list both, in that order.

Is this you? http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198002522885

If so, it comes up when searching for Edgeward.

Played a game of realism versus from start to finish, parish campaign. I was actually trying to get my feet wet with the new mode so I joined a random pub. Pub fills up, the game starts and lo and behold, the other team was a group of friends on a pubstomp. Normally I would quit such a game, but these guys were looking for a fight. And, I was extremely fortunate that the rest of my team members somehow turned out to be pros! Wow, talk about luck.

Anyway, this match became srs bsns. Best of all, I recorded the demo.

RustyNails said:
Played a game of realism versus from start to finish, parish campaign. I was actually trying to get my feet wet with the new mode so I joined a random pub. Pub fills up, the game starts and lo and behold, the other team was a group of friends on a pubstomp. Normally I would quit such a game, but these guys were looking for a fight. And, I was extremely fortunate that the rest of my team members somehow turned out to be pros! Wow, talk about luck.

:lol Love it when random pubbers smash an organised clan.

Zzoram

I beat the new campaign on Normal, its not bad. The 2nd level is pretty hard, we died a ton of times on Advanced at the end where you have to run through the sludge.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Edgeward said:
Just got l4d 2, and completed the first part. Really good fun. Especially as my first pc FPS experience, I'm having good fun with this mouse thingy. I just got into pc gaming so anyone is cool to roll with this newbie hit me up at Edgeward.

I send you a friend invitation. We should play sometime.

Shafto

I've got this on 360, and bought The Passing immediately on release.

Toying with buying on PC though, given the Steam sale.

So GAF - convince me to double dip!

Is it worth having on PC for mods and multiplayer?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Shafto said:

Mods alone are worth it. So many free camps.

Aon

With the sale I accidentally went and bought this without thinking.
Which is awesome.

Except I got the Australian version. Des Gaf know of any good uncensoring methods?

Red Scarlet

RustyNails said:

I <3 u.

Hmm, very weird. Was just retrying Dark Carnival on 2 player adv real, and it seemed like they beefed the regular game up. We tried 4 times to get bats to spawn at the beginning of DK1, and they never did. It seems like they may have made more SI spawn sooner. Need to play some regular campaigns to see.

snack

Shafto said:

It's worth it. PC L4D2 mods are wicked sick.

Timan

Developer
Still have 1 copy of l4d2 (steam) to sell, just pm me if you're interested. Be nice to get rid of it. (part of 4-pack)

Red Scarlet

Thanks Firestorm.

Hmm, it really does seem like they altered some stuff in the other campaigns.

5 tries on Dark Carnival, 2 on Swamp Fever, and 1 on The Parish all had no 2nd pistol at the start, and out of those three campaigns, only The Parish had a melee weapon at the start, 1 nightstick. It seems like they want people to use the single pistol more and find secondary weapons? On advance realism it seemed like the SI spawned a lot more often on Dark Carnival, too. But that could just be rust talking.

I decided to try and see on Swamp Fever, on easy, what else I noticed.

On SF1, right before you go into the swamp, you walk across some wooden planks and part of them is covered with a table right there. I've always seen the T2 sniper there. This time it was the T1.

On SF2, the airplane event is still skippable. C'mon Valve, you fixed The Passing's skip in one day. Try to fix those other skips, too. After the plane and shortly before the safe room, there's that house that is really flooded. There's always a good amount of stuff inside the house, especially I remember a couple molotovs usually, sometimes up to 4. I didn't see a single one this time.

You can still go up top at the SF3 event, wish they'd fix that. And on 4, I think there was only one tank plus one tank, instead of two. Could be that it was on easy though.

Anyway, does any of this stuff sound like they made some changes to the normal camps?
Here's the recording (it's kinda slow, about 45 mins in all): http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/sfafterpass.zip

Oh yeah, didn't see a golf club. :( Couldn't seem to get the new song on the jukebox, either.

derFeef

Hm is it me or is the first Tank the same every time in The Passing? It was 5 times in a row now that he spawns in that alley.

zoukka

I want to play with Red Scarlet sometime. Just played the first campaign with some random's. The amount of new shit from l4d1 is great and the audio is just as awesome. Chainsawing is the best thing yet :b

Red Scarlet said:
He spawns a lot around the store where you find guns, too.

It was really fun to hear a tank when don't even have a primary :lol

Played DK realism versus. The spawn radius (you are too close to the survivors) is a lot bigger, almost finale big. I really had to adjust to it, especially in the first map.
It's pretty intense when things get hectic. My team died near the bridge on the first map. Got boomed and a smoker dragged a survivor into some bushes, I completely lost track of him. Still, if you operate like a good team you can make it as survivors. The infected side is also rather gimped due to the difficult spawning.

Also it looks like they 'fixed' the finale. There's now a room in the stager right corner. You can spawn there and attack the survivors in the corner from above.

Also played the Passing versus. Cool versus map, the finale is pretty brutal (the L4D1 crew is not present)

So I'm starting to get back into this game due to the new DLC.

360 version here. Gamertag is TenshiOni. Feel free to add me if you need another player who will actually cooperate and play right. :lol

snap0212

Just got my first own Xbox 360 yesterday. Bought this game today. If anyone wants to play a bit, feel free to add me.

GT: Snap0212 :)

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Finally got to play through The Passing. When we were entering the safe house on the first map somehow me and another player got stuck in the door and we had to do it all over again.

It seemed kinda short, i was ready for one more chapter when we saw
bill's dead body
. I still can't get over how awesome the weather in l4d2 is, reminds me so much of living in Texas.

Shafto

So I now own a sweet sweet PC copy of Left 4 Dead 2.

Which means i'm now hunting for mods. What are folks top 3 mods I should be on the look out for?

This might have already been discussed, but I just saw this screenshot posted on another forum-
8zgxg4.jpg

That's from the finale of Dark Carnival, apparently they added a second story to that building on the side of the bleachers where the survivors always camp.

Blackheim

Well, I've installed both L4D games and can play any time. I didn't sleep very well last night so I don't know how well I'll be able to play heh. Oh, I'm pretty sure I have a mic around here somewhere, not sure where though. If I don't need it, great ... if any of you would rather I used one, arg, I'll see if I can find it. Also, I should have mentioned it last night, but my community name is Genome, account name is different and I don't want to put it out there (just in case) I will pm it if requested. You should be able to find me by Genome though :)

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Red Scarlet said:
Thanks Firestorm.

Hmm, it really does seem like they altered some stuff in the other campaigns.

5 tries on Dark Carnival, 2 on Swamp Fever, and 1 on The Parish all had no 2nd pistol at the start, and out of those three campaigns, only The Parish had a melee weapon at the start, 1 nightstick. It seems like they want people to use the single pistol more and find secondary weapons? On advance realism it seemed like the SI spawned a lot more often on Dark Carnival, too. But that could just be rust talking.

I decided to try and see on Swamp Fever, on easy, what else I noticed.

On SF1, right before you go into the swamp, you walk across some wooden planks and part of them is covered with a table right there. I've always seen the T2 sniper there. This time it was the T1.

On SF2, the airplane event is still skippable. C'mon Valve, you fixed The Passing's skip in one day. Try to fix those other skips, too. After the plane and shortly before the safe room, there's that house that is really flooded. There's always a good amount of stuff inside the house, especially I remember a couple molotovs usually, sometimes up to 4. I didn't see a single one this time.

You can still go up top at the SF3 event, wish they'd fix that. And on 4, I think there was only one tank plus one tank, instead of two. Could be that it was on easy though.

Anyway, does any of this stuff sound like they made some changes to the normal camps?
Here's the recording (it's kinda slow, about 45 mins in all): http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/sfafterpass.zip

Oh yeah, didn't see a golf club. :( Couldn't seem to get the new song on the jukebox, either.

Augh single pistol sucks too much. If what you say is true.

Haeleos

Had an opposing infected team wedge a dumpster into the safe room door at the end of Dead Center 2. You'd think they'd fix that shit before they'd make geometry changes to the levels... even L4D1 still has path blocking exploits.

Top Bottom