• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

vertopci

BuddhaRockstar said:
The thing is without his voice actor all you can really do is stuff his corpse in a corner somewhere and pretend that it isn't a big deal.

Or you could have a 20 minute cutscene where he's dying. All he would have to do is grunt and moan and anyone could do those!

BuddhaRockstar said:
The thing is without his voice actor all you can really do is stuff his corpse in a corner somewhere and pretend that it isn't a big deal.

I thought
Bill's
voice was great, but it's not like there's only one person that could ever play the character. I'm sure they could've found someone close enough.

Heck, it may have even fit the movie theme more (back when the campaigns were like individual movies and not really connected), like another actress/actor stepped in to play the role. Then we would've had all sort of "New
Bill
vs. Old
Bill
" arguments, a grand time for all.

BuddhaRockstar said:
The thing is without the voice actor all you can really do is stuff the corpse in a corner somewhere and pretend that it isn't a big deal.

Fine, how about a scene where a totally different voice is used, and the character says: "I have to go now. My planet needs me" before flying off into the sky

Twig

Banned
timetokill said:
Fine, how about a scene where a totally different voice is used, and the character says: "I have to go now. My planet needs me" before flying off into the sky
I would have paid for that DLC.

Not gonna lie.

Red Scarlet

The worst thing about it is his gun is completely full of ammo. Would have been better if it was empty, showing he fought to the bitter end instead of 'hey its ammo' *gets owned*.

nilbog21

Banned
Whats all this talk about bill

1) why are people upset about this? LOL

2) did bill die at some point in the game? ive played like 50,000hrs of l4d/2 and i dont remember bill dying

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
nilbog21 said:
did bill die at some point in the game? ive played like 50,000hrs of l4d/2 and i dont remember bill dying

See, if Valve hadn't removed the cutscene, none of this would have been this confusing. Thank god, they are releasing Super Left 4 Dead 2: Colonies after a suggestion from Capcom.

Turfster

Stallion Free said:
See, if Valve hadn't removed the cutscene, none of this would have been this confusing. Thank god, they are releasing Super Left 4 Dead 2: Colonies after a suggestion from Capcom.
Will it reskin Zoey and Rochelle in thongs and give them water-breasts that wobble all over the place? If so, I'm there, day one!

nilbog21

Banned
Stallion Free said:

what cutscene? Im so confused..

Jintor

Red Scarlet said:
The worst thing about it is his gun is completely full of ammo. Would have been better if it was empty, showing he fought to the bitter end instead of 'hey its ammo' *gets owned*.

The good old 'item sound overrides mourning for comrades' thing.

"Oh god, Ellis, no- PILLS HERE!"

reetva

Banned
I'll just leave this here.
15g5c2d.png

I know that the zombie biting Coach has an inconsistent outline. I'm too lazy to fix it right now.

Red Scarlet

99% of the people in this thread have already played The Passing, including you.

Hmm, in the newest update did they make the rain different? I was not getting rain with my settings (medium shader) on Hard Rain, but I was on The Passing. Yesterday I still didn't get rain until I watched RustyNails's demo from today. Now I get rain on demos and in the game, and my settings are the same?! Go rain go.

Blizzard

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
99% of the people in this thread have already played The Passing, including you.

Hmm, in the newest update did they make the rain different? I was not getting rain with my settings (medium shader) on Hard Rain, but I was on The Passing. Yesterday I still didn't get rain until I watched RustyNails's demo from today. Now I get rain on demos and in the game, and my settings are the same?! Go rain go.
Well the update came out like...4 days ago I thought. If it's already okay for everyone to use unmarked spoilers, why are a bunch of people still using spoiler tags on the previous page? (at least one person just posted asking how the original character had died, since that person presumably hadn't played the passing :p)

Yes, I played the update though. It was sort of a joke since I made the Harry Potter reference about Snape killing Dumbledore.

Considering the characters in the game don't even think it's a big deal and his death is treated exactly the same as the zombie chopper pilot in crash course (even less, since characters actually had color commentary when you looked at him at least) is this is spoiler worthy? I mean was anyone actually deeply moved and shocked when they played through it? This isn't Bioshock or The Sixth Sense, hell, probably a minute after the new crew drives away they go down and use a defib on him.

Red Scarlet

Blizzard said:
Well the update came out like...4 days ago I thought. If it's already okay for everyone to use unmarked spoilers, why are a bunch of people still using spoiler tags on the previous page? (at least one person just posted asking how the original character had died, since that person presumably hadn't played the passing :p)

Yes, I played the update though. It was sort of a joke since I made the Harry Potter reference about Snape killing Dumbledore.

It looks like The Fresh Prince did play it, but couldn't find the survivor, if that's who you are referencing. People are free to use spoiler tags for whatever they want. But considering my activity in this thread, I know pretty much everyone aside from the handful of people that just bought the game have already played through The Passing by now. Who's to even say if the new folks are going to post in the thread again.

You of all people in the thread really shouldn't be bringing 'omgspoilar' up, since you are constantly in the thread, and about 8 times made "drama" if you were going to buy it or not, "ok I will, oh crap wait" 'meh game is not worth it now' "hey it is on sale I might buy it!". Attention whoring didn't give you any sympathy for "spoilers" in this game when you pretty much cockteased anyone that read your posts if you were going to buy it or not, and it's pretty doubtful not a whole lot really cared either way.

I'm glad you got the game and hope to play with you. But you've been like that guy that comes into a dinner, says something weird, then leaves, then comes back again 20 minutes later and repeats.

I don't even know what I'm saying in that last paragraph.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
where are you supposed to see the survivor? I saw those guys on the bridge then they covered us in my 1 play through. Never saw the other guy :(

Blizzard

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
It looks like The Fresh Prince did play it, but couldn't find the survivor, if that's who you are referencing. People are free to use spoiler tags for whatever they want. But considering my activity in this thread, I know pretty much everyone aside from the handful of people that just bought the game have already played through The Passing by now. Who's to even say if the new folks are going to post in the thread again.

You of all people in the thread really shouldn't be bringing 'omgspoilar' up, since you are constantly in the thread, and about 8 times made "drama" if you were going to buy it or not, "ok I will, oh crap wait" 'meh game is not worth it now' "hey it is on sale I might buy it!". Attention whoring didn't give you any sympathy for "spoilers" in this game when you pretty much cockteased anyone that read your posts if you were going to buy it or not, and it's pretty doubtful not a whole lot really cared either way.

I'm glad you got the game and hope to play with you. But you've been like that guy that comes into a dinner, says something weird, then leaves, then comes back again 20 minutes later and repeats.

I don't even know what I'm saying in that last paragraph.
I just wondered if we were supposed to spoiler it or not since people had made a habit of it. It does not personally matter to me if people spoil it and I was not asking about that.

I'm sorry if I posted a lot of crap in the thread.

catfish said:
where are you supposed to see the survivor? I saw those guys on the bridge then they covered us in my 1 play through. Never saw the other guy :(
S/he's in the finale, in the other doorway by the generator.

Red Scarlet

Blizzard said:
I just wondered if we were supposed to spoiler it or not since people had made a habit of it. It does not personally matter to me if people spoil it and I was not asking about that.

I'm sorry if I posted a lot of crap in the thread.
Well now you can post awesome stuff and demos of your zombie adventures!

<3

feel

Just played the passing today for the first time. Really enjoyed the campaign. Was shocked to enter that room and stumble into you know who just sitting there in a pool of blood... :( Any official explanation to how it happened exactly?? I guess he bought the rest of his group some time to get to safety in some way.

Really badass seeing NPC characters in a Left 4 Dead campaign for the first time, specially those beloved original characters.

VVV Nice.

Uncle AJ

Ack, I wish I had recorded my last game... on Passing finale, Ellis starts telling a Keith story in the middle of the double Tank fight. I was laughing too hard to continue playing properly.

Botolf said:
An upcoming L4D1 campaign supposedly will explain what went down.

Watch it be the exact same map, except in the finale one player has to stay behind to restart the generator... crash course style... while the other three ride the bridge up out of reach of the zombies.

Mo the Hawk said:
Ack, I wish I had recorded my last game... on Passing finale, Ellis starts telling a Keith story in the middle of the double Tank fight. I was laughing too hard to continue playing properly.
:lol and that is why you should record your plays!
Botolf said:
An upcoming L4D1 campaign supposedly will explain what went down.
Methinks Louis is bitten by the zombies...he doesn't look good in L4D2.

Sibylus

Banned
wayward archer said:
Watch it be the exact same map, except in the finale one player has to stay behind to restart the generator... crash course style... while the other three ride the bridge up out of reach of the zombies.
Probably, wouldn't make sense story-wise to have it in a completely different area (
The body being where it is, of course
).

derFeef

There is something that really bothers me. I noticed it in The Passing and I can not remember encountering this problem in the other campaigns as I did not play them for a long time.

When this little conversation between the characters are happening, they often get interrupted by notification speeches (or how you want to call them).

It goes like that - Ellis: "Oh man that Zoey girl is never go - Grabbin a Golf CLUB!"

I want to hear the conversation please. Is this problem new?

derFeef said:
There is something that really bothers me. I noticed it in The Passing and I can not remember encountering this problem in the other campaigns as I did not play them for a long time.

When this little conversation between the characters are happening, they often get interrupted by notification speeches (or how you want to call them).

It goes like that - Ellis: "Oh man that Zoey girl is never go - Grabbin a Golf CLUB!"

I want to hear the conversation please. Is this problem new?
It's been around since L4D1 - it usually occurs when A. a new player joins the game and interrupts the character speaking because s/he's now controlled by the player instead of the AI, or B. the player does something to override the speech, as in your example.

So yeah, it's not new at all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
HK-47 said:
He's still alive.

I was sarcastically combining the two common rumors about him.

Also, Valve wouldn't show Bill's body in the finale only to have the L4D1 campaign that is suppose to release soon have him die somewhere else. It will definitely end in that exact area. However, the levels leading up to it could be completely different. I'm hoping for the outskirts of the city.

derFeef

Revolutionary said:
It's been around since L4D1 - it usually occurs when A. a new player joins the game and interrupts the character speaking because s/he's now controlled by the player instead of the AI, or B. the player does something to override the speech, as in your example.

So yeah, it's not new at all.
Man, I hate that :(

Stallion Free said:
I was sarcastically combining the two common rumors about him.

Also, Valve wouldn't show Bill's body in the finale only to have the L4D1 campaign that is suppose to release soon have him die somewhere else. It will definitely end in that exact area. However, the levels leading up to it could be completely different. I'm hoping for the outskirts of the city.

Really curious to see the same area in L4D1 and how the finale is ging to play out. Either you are going to really see what is happening, or they explain it further in the comic.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
andycapps said:
The Left 4 Dead campaign showing what happened to Bill is probably quite a ways off knowing Valve.

Which is sad because one map is essentially finished. I wish they had released them simultaneously.

Top Bottom