• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

OMFG, I have got to get this:

il_430xN.138929660.jpg

Uncle AJ

A note if you're going for the "kill 25 zombs with M60 without letting go of trigger" achievement: your killstreak will actually carry over "between M60s." I emptied one in the tunnel of the Passing2 panic event, then picked up another one (from Francis!) during the finale, and within 2 seconds of firing the second M60, I got the achievement.

Doesn't Steam go live on Mac today? Any new Mac blood want to join in on the fun here?

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Mo the Hawk said:
A note if you're going for the "kill 25 zombs with M60 without letting go of trigger" achievement: your killstreak will actually carry over "between M60s." I emptied one in the tunnel of the Passing2 panic event, then picked up another one (from Francis!) during the finale, and within 2 seconds of firing the second M60, I got the achievement.

Doesn't Steam go live on Mac today? Any new Mac blood want to join in on the fun here?

Still in beta.

Volcynika

Screenshot I mentioned earlier

50rtr7.jpg

Near the middle of the railing (near top) you see a smoker tongue stretched out. It somehow went around the bus and got sonicspear.

(Sarelan was smoked at opposite end of the map, so it's not him.)

I saw that and had to go "wut"

Blizzard

Banned
I just played my first L4D2 versus game (and also my first non-passing campaign I guess). It was the one with the bridge. It was pretty fun. People used Mumble and did not yell at me a lot for being clueless.

Vertopci's server is kind of intimidating though.
351ad1v.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I didn't mind any of the features that I saw. Zero said that as far as he know L4D2 CEVO is pretty similar to L4D1 CEVO, and then presumably the infected chooser (which I like) is an extra option.

Oh, and I like realism vs. It didn't seem to be overly difficult but it did make sticking in pairs a good idea.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:
I didn't mind any of the features that I saw. Zero said that as far as he know L4D2 CEVO is pretty similar to L4D1 CEVO, and then presumably the infected chooser (which I like) is an extra option.

Oh, and I like realism vs. It didn't seem to be overly difficult but it did make sticking in pairs a good idea.

I'm saying QQ about the MotD.

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I'm saying QQ about the MotD.
I'm assuming that's his way of joking with you, don't sweat it. :p

It seems weird to me that there are at least 3 different autoshotguns. I am not sure which I like the best. I really like the new sniper rifle but I have a feeling it's not good... The charger is also pretty much my favorite new special infected to use but I have a bad habit of doing long-distance failcharges into poles or stuff. :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Twig said:
There are two autoshotguns.
D'oh! I thought there was one that looks super similar to the L4D1 gun, then one that looks more like a regular shotgun but still shoots fast, and then the weird combat one.

Minamu

andycapps said:
I didn't even realize that you can get Midnight Riders shirts... So tempted to get one of these.
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff I want to buy from their store too. Too bad it's so god awfully expensive to ship overseas though :'(

Ben2749 said:
I'm a little late, but I just played through The Passing. Can't say I'm that impressed. The campaign itself lacks any real distinguishing characteristics (apart from the segment in the sewers; that bit was OK), and it's a bit too short.

More importantly though; why the FUCK did they kill off
Bill? I was upset enough when I first heard somebody dies a few days ago, but now that I've played it, I'm even more upset, because there isn't even any reason for it, as it contributes NOTHING to the story. It's not like he becomes a special infected or anything, and the other three original survivors hardly even seem to give a shit. Hell, if we at least SAW him die, then it would have at least provided a bit of drama. But no, Valve just decided to kill off a great character (all of the original cast were great, so I'd still feel this way if it were any of the others) for no real reason at all. Bullshit.

Hell, if they HAD to kill off a survivor, then why couldn't they have made The Passing take place after the final campaign (The Parish), and kill off Rochelle instead? Nobody likes her anyway; some people even modded the PC version to replace her model with Zoey!
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read about this game. You should read more about what's coming after the Passing. There's also a good, logical reason that they killed Bill.

derFeef

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
This is the dumbest thing I've ever read about this game. You should read more about what's coming after the Passing.
Seriously. And that premature Rochelle hating is straight out of Steam Forums I guess.

Sibylus

Banned
She just needs more reporter/producer dialogue, and all would be well.

Facism said:
And also a homophobe, apparently.
I like to think the best of people, but honestly vert, your attitude doesn't inspire much confidence :\

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Botolf said:
She just needs more reporter/producer dialogue, and all would be well.

I like to think the best of people, but honestly vert, your attitude doesn't inspire much confidence :\

Yes, she needs to be gimmicky!

derFeef

Botolf said:
No, not gimmicky, just a bit more elaborate on her background/job! This isn't a crazy idea.
Indeed. If we would not know that she is a reporter from the bio, we would never find it out in game I think.

Sibylus

Banned
derFeef said:
Indeed. If we would not know that she is a reporter from the bio, we would never find it out in game I think.
Exactly. Her background playing a part in a future campaign would be nice, something analogous to Ellis' knowledge of stock car racing giving him the idea of finding Jimmy Gibbs' car and filling it up in Dead Center. Or Coach's idea to use the Midnight Riders' stage lights to signal a chopper.

RoboManus

Neo Member
I have that medpack posted from earlier, bought it off ebay a while back on impulse. Nice bag with lots of pockets but it's small. I'm sure cosplayers would be all over it.

derFeef said:
When you begin Dead Center, Rochelle says that she works in the news, "and the news says we should definitely grabs some weapons". She also mentions about her background in Swamp Fever.

Sibylus

Banned
RustyNails said:
When you begin Dead Center, Rochelle says that she works in the news, "and the news says we should definitely grabs some weapons". She also mentions about her background in Swamp Fever.
Well, that happens so infrequently it's kind of moot anyway. Rochelle plying producer knowledge or humour in an active way would be nice.

Minamu

Botolf said:
Exactly. Her background playing a part in a future campaign would be nice, something analogous to Ellis' knowledge of stock car racing giving him the idea of finding Jimmy Gibbs' car and filling it up in Dead Center. Or Coach's idea to use the Midnight Riders' stage lights to signal a chopper.
Anyone with half a brain would come up with the same ideas. Especially when said racing car is just outside the elevator windows when Ellis came up with the plan :lol Coach's idea was pretty clever though (but climbing on top of a building would probably have been smarter).

Sibylus

Banned
Minamu said:
Anyone with half a brain would come up with the same ideas. Especially when said racing car is just outside the elevator windows when Ellis came up with the plan :lol Coach's idea was pretty clever though (but climbing on top of a building would probably have been smarter).
Fine, Ellis was naturally the person to put it all together first. It fit with his character.

MoFuzz

Is anyone having performance related issues after The Passing update at all? I get FPS drops down to 10 or 15 at times and copious amounts of stuttering while the HDD is accessed constantly. The issue is intermittent, I can't seem to find a pattern to it. Happens in single and multi. I might get a couple rounds where it's fine, and then all of a sudden, it becomes unplayable.

At first I thought I had something went wrong during the install, so I tried verifying the files via Steam, which took forever. It determines that one file is corrupt and proceeds to re-download it. However, running the verification afterwards just gives the exact same result though, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

There's a 12 page thread over on the Steam forums, so I can't be the only one. Completely hypothetical: Are the Steam servers for certain regions sending out bad/corrupted files perhaps?

Arucardo

I'm guessing both of these have been mentioned here, but I went through The Passing in singleplayer taking my time and notice the Midnight Riders tour bus speeding off on the road behind the fence at the part where there was construction work going on after the pool hall. I also noticed that there's a sailboat next to the bridge after you lower it with the name "ONE4ALL" on the back :D .

vertopci

Botolf said:

Honestly, bot, I couldn't care what someone I don't play with thinks of my motd! Or my attitude.

Top Bottom