• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

snack

I've been noticing some 1-second stutters when playing L4D2. This only started happening recently. Could it be AVG that I just downloaded? I don't have AVG set into gaming mode when playing L4D2. Basically the screen just freezes, sound loops for one second and then everything else is back to normal. These only happen every few hours. Specs are below:

X4 940
4 gigs ram

I checked my console and I get

"Duplicate sequence 3 in sheet file
No pure server whitelist. sv_pure = 0"

whenever the freeze occurs.

Mutation 4 is up!

New Mutation
Last Gnome On Earth
Protect the gnome at all cost.
Do you crave attention? Want all the infected to swarm you and the gnome you are carrying? Then we have the game mode for you. The team needs to carry the garden gnome from start to finish in any campaign. The common infected hate the gnome and will swarm whoever is carrying him. Watch out putting him on the ground, a boomer explosion will send him flying!

This Mutation is available in Campaign Mode.
Blog update

Sounds fun. :lol

Oh, and Realism Versus is next week. Grr!!!

Nabs

why is it only in campaign mode? last night we joined a random server (yes, 10vs10. i'm hooked) and found a gnome on top of a billboard. we shot it down and protected that shit with our lives... well, stallion did. rip.

shit was hilarious though. i think it could work in vs!

hey snack, get rid of AVG. i don't know if it's the answer, but avg has been pretty terrible lately. it's super bloated.

edit: oh and the server we joined last night had an interesting shop system. you'd earn points by doing things like killing infected with a pistol, or booming survivors. You could then buy things like health, defibs, or even special infected (including tank and witch). THAT was fun.

Volcynika

Ya bums! The poll was mentioned too:

Pick a Mutation Any Mutation
Next week Realism Versus will slide into permanent slot for owners of "The Passing" but what about the other three Mutations? One is coming back for an encore week and you get to pick it. Your choices are Bleed Out, Follow the Liter and Last Gnome on Earth. Make sure to at least try Last Gnome on Earth before voting.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
More 10v10 shots from last night. It's ridiculously satisfying when teamwork does happen. It's also quite amusing when your team buys 5 tanks right in a row, with overlap. I've been enjoying this more than any of the Valve additions to be honest.

left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-27-41-44.jpg

left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-48-56-07.jpg

left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-49-01-48.jpg

left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-50-42-72.jpg

left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-50-46-32.jpg

Talamius

10 vs 10 is now my preferred way to play VS in pubs. 4v4s always end up with several ragequits and a generally unfun experience. In 10v10 people are usually cycling right in to vacated spots so the teams stay full.

Besides, you haven't lived until you've encountered the hell of 3-5 spitters guarding the elevator on HR3 :lol

I've played 10v10 a handful of times and each and every time it's been an absolute clusterfuck. I don't know, but I don't really consider it fun. :lol It's interesting, sure, but again... in reality it's an absolute mess.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Talamius said:
10 vs 10 is now my preferred way to play VS in pubs. 4v4s always end up with several ragequits and a generally unfun experience. In 10v10 people are usually cycling right in to vacated spots so the teams stay full.

Besides, you haven't lived until you've encountered the hell of 3-5 spitters guarding the elevator on HR3 :lol

Point system ones are cool, but the really cool ones are the servers with the SI item system. No items appears except from killed SI.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
On some modded servers you can buy stuff like health etc, which is perfectly fine. Except when the person being the tank keeps buying health and thus transforms into ubertank.
But yeah, I generally love 10vs10. Getting everybody into the safe room can turn into a really long process though.

snack

Anyone here from the Pacific timezone? (GMT-8)

I need some friends for L4D2. :D
Too many people ragequit when I play with strangers.

Branduil

Stallion Free said:
More 10v10 shots from last night. It's ridiculously satisfying when teamwork does happen. It's also quite amusing when your team buys 5 tanks right in a row, with overlap. I've been enjoying this more than any of the Valve additions to be honest.

[im]http://a.imagehost.org/0177/left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-27-41-44.jpg[/img]

[im]http://a.imagehost.org/0269/left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-48-56-07.jpg[/img]

[im]http://j.imagehost.org/0173/left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-49-01-48.jpg[/img]

[im]http://j.imagehost.org/0481/left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-50-42-72.jpg[/img]

[im]http://h.imagehost.org/0383/left4dead2_2010-05-14_01-50-46-32.jpg[/img]
What server is that?

Red Scarlet

Anyone know where I can grab a 'vocals only' of that Miracles song? Thinking it would be funny to have a Tank soundpack where the Tank talks about magnets and rainbows as he attacks and stuff.

Volcynika

The gnome mutation was ok. It doesn't change much, but does make it easier since zombies focus on the gnome carrier. And it makes boomer bile completely ineffective if someone is carrying the gnome. It was ok!

Red Scarlet

Yeah it sounds ok but how often did you play Dark Carnival and grab the gnome? Very rarely. Sounds like something to try then forget about.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Red Scarlet said:
Yeah it sounds ok but how often did you play Dark Carnival and grab the gnome? Very rarely. Sounds like something to try then forget about.

Yeah they should have made it so someone needed to hold the gnome or that something happened when the gnome hit the ground, like a horde comes or your health ticks down.

Red Scarlet said:
No one shoots witches though really, I think people expect me to. :/

I'm too scared to. I've realised that that's how I play this game, sit in the corner and let everyone else do the hard work. :lol :(

Fun game as usual, the gnome thing really doesn't add a whole lot. Felt like a normal game most of the time.

ezekial45

Banned
The Storyteller said:
I'm too scared to. I've realised that that's how I play this game, sit in the corner and let everyone else do the hard work. :lol :(

Fun game as usual, the gnome thing really doesn't add a whole lot. Felt like a normal game most of the time.

The wanderers are the easiest to kill! Don't be scared! Point and shoot at the back of their head and they're tucked in.

Volcynika said:
The gnome mutation was ok. It doesn't change much, but does make it easier since zombies focus on the gnome carrier. And it makes boomer bile completely ineffective if someone is carrying the gnome. It was ok!

I only played the first campaign, but it really makes things a lot easier. The cola run is very easy: I took the gnome, camped in the gun store and the other guys were common free. Also tanks are incredibly easy, since they only focus on the gnome carrier. We tried to juggle the gnome when we encountered a tank in the corridors of map 3, but that didn't work. Was funny though

A: I want to the gnome
B: No it's mine
* tank music *
B: You can have it
A: Keep it

Also you don't need to carry the gnome to the escape vehicle, you can just leave it behind.

GC|Simon

Hi guys. I want Left 4 Dead 2 really bad... but I live in Germany and don't want the cut version. Could somebody of you gift me UK version of the game? If yes, just write me PM... important: I need a PAL version with at English language.

Edit: Don't need it anymore.

GC|Simon said:
Hi guys. I want Left 4 Dead 2 really bad... but I live in Germany and don't want the cut version. Could somebody of you gift me UK version of the game? If yes, just write me PM... important: I need a PAL version with at English language.

Edit: Don't need it anymore.
For games like these you can also buy a retail version in the UK, it''s usually much cheaper too. AvP for instance wasn't even released to the German store.

Kade

c2m5_concert0000.jpg

We almost made it out with both of them but one was knocked out the exact same second the last person jumped into the chopper. :(

any regulars that can spare adding me to your list? i feel like im getting nowhere playing in random games. i get kicked seemingly every game no matter what i play due to my suckage, im trying to learn the maps and all but i always get kicked:lol

i had the same problem in l4d1 so i gave up on that after 40 hours or so. i really love the game but the community just isnt noob friendly. im up for just about anything as im sure it will be better than my whole team raging on me in pubs.

im in central time so if anyone can show me the ropes, steam id=aj2good4you2

Top Bottom