• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Turfster

Red Scarlet said:
No one shoots witches though really, I think people expect me to. :/

Usually the scariest part of a game is when you hear duckroll go "okay, okay, I'm gonna shoot the witch, okay?". After that, things usually go pear-shaped.

Turfster said:
Usually the scariest part of a game is when you hear duckroll go "okay, okay, I'm gonna shoot the witch, okay?". After that, things usually go pear-shaped.
Usually I just run up to the witch and throw a molly at her (provided I got one and we all have low tier weps) and scream RUUUN! I don't like to give people time to strategize around the witch both during campaign and vs. This is especially true during the Passing's zombie wedding part :p

Mo the Hawk said:
What happens if you get nailed by a witch in mid-air:

charsaceisdead.png

Youtube

Demo files of the whole campaign
That was hilarious. Somehow I knew it was about to happen lol

I love this game but I think I'm a bit of a ping pariah to Euro-GAF.

Sanjay

Realism VS Hard Rain
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XO304WY9

Map 3 alone is worth watching, key moments being me running into a dead end by my self shitting my self screaming wtf are u guys HELP ME and later on I got pwn by Nabs charger and then he was all up in my face Vin Diesel style but then he got what was coming to him when it changed rounds :D

And if you want to see from another POV, Stallion's
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B9L6S3TS

Just informed that the map we pld was Hard Rain and not Swamp Fever...I'm still pro though

Nabs

i play inverted with my arcade stick, it works because it's a much slower way of aiming. i could never manage with the mouse, especially with how twitchy i am.

Twig

Banned
Jiggling around a joystick is a completely different physical sensation from sliding around a mouse. They are as different as mouse and trackball. It is no surprise that different control setups work differently for different control inputs for different people.

Twig

Banned
If you're referring to Omzom or whatever they call it for shorts, then I am in it.

I am not pro.

So you're cool.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Heavy's Sandvich said:
What baffles me more are those who play inverted on pad and normal on mouse. I simply cannot comprehend how they do it.
I play inverted on the controller and normal on the mouse. I grew up on flight-sims that used the joystick so my brain just got stuck that way when it came to controllers.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
I play inverted on the controller and normal on the mouse. I grew up on flight-sims that used the joystick so my brain just got stuck that way when it came to controllers.
Yeah, same here. :3

Though I never really played many flight sims, I played enough that it stuck. I actually keep meaning to get into a flight sim or something like it with a good joystick. But that has nothing to do with L4D!

I just played the most insane game of Hard Rain with my 3 office buddies. For some reason, we started with clones of all the characters -- 2 Rochelles, 2 Nicks, etc. Then, the next two safe rooms caused more clones to appear, and we completed the campaign with a horde of 16 survivors. It was AWESOME!

srenity

Neo Member
catapult37 said:
I just played the most insane game of Hard Rain with my 3 office buddies. For some reason, we started with clones of all the characters -- 2 Rochelles, 2 Nicks, etc. Then, the next two safe rooms caused more clones to appear, and we completed the campaign with a horde of 16 survivors. It was AWESOME!
Maybe L4D2's having a glitchy day. I just played a pub game (I think one of the players was a GAFer!). In The Passing finale, it wouldn't highlight where the gas tanks were nor did it show how many gas tanks we had to fill up.

By the time the characters were saying '5 more to go!' 'just 3 more!' etc and filled up all 13 gas tanks, the bridge wouldn't lower D: I threw a molo to reset the game; the ones that didn't catch on fire willingly ran into the tank :p

srenity said:
Maybe L4D2's having a glitchy day. I just played a pub game (I think one of the players was a GAFer!). In The Passing finale, it wouldn't highlight where the gas tanks were nor did it show how many gas tanks we had to fill up.

By the time the characters were saying '5 more to go!' 'just 3 more!' etc and filled up all 13 gas tanks, the bridge wouldn't lower D: I threw a molo to reset the game; the ones that didn't catch on fire willingly ran into the tank :p

Yeah the Passing finale is a bit buggy. Sometimes it won't properly start: cans aren't highlighted, you dont get the x/y cans to go marker, no infected spawning etc. To start it, touch one of the yellow posts near the elevator, it will have an outline.

MoFuzz

srenity said:

Haha, yeah that was me in that game. I thought it was odd that you were all trying to figure out where the cans were until I realized what happend by the end.

I made sure to bask in the glory of the molly flames but whoever was Coach (Happy Meal?) tried to run away so I emptied a clip into his sorry ass!

Also, that was a pretty harrowing finish at the stadium, I'm glad everyone made it tho.

OmegaDragon said:
Yeah the Passing finale is a bit buggy. Sometimes it won't properly start: cans aren't highlighted, you dont get the x/y cans to go marker, no infected spawning etc. To start it, touch one of the yellow posts near the elevator, it will have an outline.
I saw that highlighted post and hit it after we filled about 10 cans, but it still didn't do anything...

Kade

90% of the time I choose "Best Available Dedicated" it gives me a server with 8 Survivors. What the hell is going on? Has only started happening after The Passing came out.

Sibylus

Banned
MNC said:
I thought I saw a highlighted post once. What's the deal with that? Some strange trigger Valve used?:lol
A func_button with its glow value pointing to a post prop, perhaps. You fellahs have a screenshot of this magic post?

xero273

dygiT said:
90% of the time I choose "Best Available Dedicated" it gives me a server with 8 Survivors. What the hell is going on? Has only started happening after The Passing came out.

Pretty sure those are mods. Played before and chose the same option as you and got the same thing somtimes. Choose Official Dedicated and you won't get that.

MoFuzz said:
I saw that highlighted post and hit it after we filled about 10 cans, but it still didn't do anything...

I guess you have to hit it before you fill the generator? When I played it last time, I noticed it was bugged before we filled the generator with cans. When I hit the post everything went back to normal.

If anyone has a .cfg file for enabling splitscreen with a 360 controller could you please send it to me? The settings from the first game don't work here... Also, can you go online with splitscreen on?

Walshicus

Tried playing a few campaign sessions of this with some friends recently. I think we all agreed that despite being "better" with most singular metrics you could use, the sequel is far inferior to the original. I think the game went too far with chargers and jockeys - spitters are fun though.

One friend described the situation thus; "Left 4 Dead 1's director would make the game difficult where it needed to be. Left 4 Dead 2's director just griefs you".

Week 5 Update
Encore Week
Last Gnome On Earth
Protect the gnome at all cost.
Do you crave attention? Want all the Infected to swarm you and the gnome you are carrying? Then we have the game mode for you. The team needs to carry the garden gnome from start to finish in any campaign. The Infected hate the gnome and will swarm whoever is carrying him. Watch out putting him on the ground, a boomer explosion will send him flying!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP PUTTING HIM DOWN HE IS THE LAST GNOME ON EARTH!!!
This Mutation is available in Campaign Mode.

Return of the Gnome
Last week was the first of a regular poll we will be running. After every four Mutations, we will have a vote to bring one back for an encore week. Last week The Last Gnome on Earth won handily, followed by Bleed Out and Follow the Liter. Thanks to voting on a previous poll, Realism Versus has graduated from a Mutation to a permanent Game Mode. On the Xbox 360, owners of "The Passing" just need to connect to the Internet for this update, no Live update is needed.

:D :D :D
Realism VS FTMFW!!

Top Bottom