• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Volcynika said:
How do you think Realism VS got put as a permanent mode? Hmm!

:eek:
Well, that's been the only game-changing (and important) poll thus far. All the other ones have been BS like "who's your favorite character", or in this week's case: "who's your favorite SI". :p

Twig

Banned
I care about the poll! The ragequitting poll was an interesting one to me, at least, as an aspiring game designer. U: This week's is pretty boring, but it might help Valve understand which SI are actually fun, so hey. Since you can't actually pick which SI you want to play as, it's not really possible to see that sort of thing from the stats they track, I'm guessing.

Anyway: fucking gnome. ): I was hoping for anything BUT the gnome one. It just wasn't... different enough. Bleed out at least prompted us to play through the levels faster than normal. I never played Follow the Liter (OOPS!! D: D:).

Hurray permanent realism versus, though. :D

Volcynika

Oh yeah, one part of the update earlier was that all lobbies default to "Best Official Dedicated" instead of just "Best Dedicated".

vertopci

Volcynika said:
Oh yeah, one part of the update earlier was that all lobbies default to "Best Official Dedicated" instead of just "Best Dedicated".

That means there will be less random people playing on my server :( Which means not as many chances for me to troll and grief them :(

firex

Red Scarlet said:
Go Team Charger.
I had to pick Jockey instead, but that was a tough choice! I just like Jockeys a little more because they always jump on the back of one of my friends in campaign/realism mode, and they're fun to play in vs.

Uncle AJ

Kind of a stupid and predictable answer, but I picked Tank. He's just so iconic now, even for those who have only played L4D once or twice know the Tank doesn't fuck around.

I kinda wished L4D2 introduced a new Tank-like boss SI, something that would force survivors to immediately change their game plan for the next few minutes and shit their pants with fear when the music starts up. Maybe some kind of omnipotent zombie king that doesn't have much more HP than regular SI, but can summon hordes of common infected at will, and the survivors have to seek out and kill him to stop the waves. He'd be sort of a wandering, spontaneous panic event. There would have to be limitations on his ability to run and hide, of course.

Red Scarlet said:
If it was on 'best sounds', Boomer would get my vote instantly. blurrpp bwuuu
Totally.

Admittedly, though, his L4D1 noises kinda bug me :lol

As for me, it's a tough choice =/ I love them all...but maybe I'm a Spitter guy.

Sanjay

Blizzard said:
I dropped out since I didn't realize it was vert's server with the "fucking faggot" message of the day again, so you have an open slot. :p

I'm out too Stallion Free just came on.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Blizzard said:
I dropped out since I didn't realize it was vert's server with the "fucking faggot" message of the day again, so you have an open slot. :p
You are out no matter what because none of us like playing L4D with you.

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
You are out no matter what because none of us like playing L4D with you.
9qwpd5.jpg

Red Scarlet

Hey how about those demos? I want demosssssssssss.

Supposedly, any demos recorded before The Passing came out will no longer work, even if you change the game version in steam.inf

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Here you go Red:

I forgot to start recording until my team's attempt at the first level and my game messed up so I'm missing map 4. I remembered to turn it back on for map 5, though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mvldddzndzh

Enjoy! My proudest moment is on map 5, where I charge coach off the roof and into the water.

syllogism

Minamu said:
This makes no sense :) I know what the Gnome is, and you're right, it's something you try once and move on from. I'm wondering what "Last man on Earth" is about :)
What, I'm talking about Last Man on Earth and the video showcases it

syllogism said:
It's a single player mutation, so basically you are going to try it once and move on

http://youtube.com/watch?v=szS9_zPp1og&feature=related
At first I thought this could be great. Just you, alone, against tons of common and uncommon infected. I'd remove the specials (except maybe the boomer) just because you could end up dying so quick from a single hunter pounce - where's the fun in that?

But no, looks like its a solo run against ONLY specials. No thanks.

But to tell you the truth, I've grown to dislike the specials, at least in campaign. They make the whole experience feel too gamey and mechanics based, instead of giving an impression of foreboding that comes from a zombie apocalypse. If anything, I'd love to see Valve experiment with campaign modes that are all about common and uncommon infected - give them more personality - different rates of speed at least besides stopped and sprinting.

aj2good4you2 said:
any regulars that can spare adding me to your list? i feel like im getting nowhere playing in random games. i get kicked seemingly every game no matter what i play due to my suckage, im trying to learn the maps and all but i always get kicked:lol

i had the same problem in l4d1 so i gave up on that after 40 hours or so. i really love the game but the community just isnt noob friendly. im up for just about anything as im sure it will be better than my whole team raging on me in pubs.

im in central time so if anyone can show me the ropes, steam id=aj2good4you2
Had the same problems too.
But it´s our fault you know. Not being 5up3r l33ts and playing for fun, not realizing L4D is "so fucking serious".

OneMoreQuestion said:
I'd love to join your steam group guys but is it exclusive to uber-proz only?
Steam ID: Zephyr_Ex
I'm not an uber-pro :(

Added both.
Steam ID: Youta_Mottenai.

Sibylus

Banned
Tinkering with my crafting system again (yay entities):

Grabbed something:
8kjfh.jpg

Insufficient parts for a molotov:
3sfyP.jpg

Sufficient parts!