• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Branduil

Uncle AJ

Aw it auto-switches to Normal no matter what? Only main differences would be HP of Tank and Witch, but still. And maybe witches still insta-kill you on Expert?

Aumann

Do you still get the achievement for completing a map on expert (well part of it anyway) when you do Last Man on Earth?

Branduil

If the goal of this mutation was to make me quit l4d for good, it just succeeded. Tried Passing LMoE and died like 50 times. I'm the worst player on earth.

ArjanN

Aumann said:
Do you still get the achievement for completing a map on expert (well part of it anyway) when you do Last Man on Earth?

It autoswitches to normal difficulty.

This is a really good mode to get the "melee a charger while he's charging" achievement though. Some of these mutations make it really easy to get certain achievements.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
ArjanN said:
It autoswitches to normal difficulty.

Does it really though? Stats screenshot above shows Expert difficulty.

I went through Parish on Easy and thought it was scary, but rather, well, easy.

RefigeKru

Banned
Is there no L4D or L4D2 demo available on the PC anymore? I really want to try it out on my POS computer before I spend what little money I have. :/

Red Scarlet

They get rid of the demo shortly after the game is released, since people could pretty much just import the maps and play the full game via the demo. Valve does do free weekends sometimes to try the game out then. That's the closest to a demo it comes for these. :(

syllogism said:
New versions of all the L4D campaign conversions are out. They should all work in VS and are in VPK format

http://www.l4d2.upc-gamers.com/download.php?list.2
http://www.l4d2.upc-gamers.com/download.php?list.3

Do they work in camp too?

Red Scarlet said:
First couple parts are up, they'll all be up later today, if anyone's interested.
You've got some scary-sharp reflexes :eek: I'm still amazed you got that Smoker in part 3. Also, I was freaking out for you in part 4 when your molotov killed the Spitter where you had to pass through; and the Tank was right behind your ass, too :lol Nice last-second save ;)

Red Scarlet

dragonlife29 said:
You've got some scary-sharp reflexes :eek: I'm still amazed you got that Smoker in part 3. Also, I was freaking out for you in part 4 when your molotov killed the Spitter where you had to pass through; and the Tank was right behind your ass, too :lol Nice last-second save ;)

:lol yeah..I thought the acid or fire was going to get me.

Nabs said:
i'm gonna do a run w/ my arcade stick. should be fun if i don't rage.

I'll watch your hijinks if you record.

Passing finale is a pita.

Blizzard

Banned
Concept17 said:
Man, I read this thread every time I see it, and always want to get into VS games with you guys, but I never get around to it/have other friends inviting me.

Is this where you guys also do the 10v10?
I think 10v10 is a different server but I might be wrong. Also, since I've been excluded from stallion's group, does anyone else play vs? :lol Red Scarlet and Botolf and such might play, but they seem to only like campaign.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Concept17 said:
Man, I read this thread every time I see it, and always want to get into VS games with you guys, but I never get around to it/have other friends inviting me.

Is this where you guys also do the 10v10?
Yeah we find 10v10 servers if we can't get a full 8. Usually we can get 8 though and then we play on Vert's Chicago server (excellent pings) with custom configs + realism.

Minamu

I wouldn't mind having some people to play with either but I'm afraid my EU ping would be detrimental to the experience :(

derFeef

Minamu said:
I wouldn't mind having some people to play with either but I'm afraid my EU ping would be detrimental to the experience :(
Euro-rockers unite. Add me if you want. (steam-id is username here) I am a casual campaign player tough :D

Minamu

derFeef said:
Euro-rockers unite. Add me if you want. (steam-id is username here) I am a casual campaign player tough :D
Alright, same here :) I used to try to go for the achievements in the first game but I haven't bothered with anything above Normal in this one. Steam achievements stopped being interesting when you could unlock them via the console in the first game. Might be fixed now, dunno :) Versus can be loads of fun though :)

I can't seem to find you though? :S I have no idea what my steam-id is. Is it the email account I used back in 2003 or the name one can change in-game? :lol

derFeef

Minamu said:
Alright, same here :) I used to try to go for the achievements in the first game but I haven't bothered with anything above Normal in this one. Steam achievements stopped being interesting when you could unlock them via the console in the first game. Might be fixed now, dunno :) Versus can be loads of fun though :)

I can't seem to find you though? :S I have no idea what my steam-id is. Is it the email account I used back in 2003 or the name one can change in-game? :lol
http://steamcommunity.com/id/derFeef
occasionally playing with some friends, but we can do achievements if you want.

syllogism

Tried the modified Blood Harvest conversion and it has some cool stuff; there's a pretty cool new panic event on map 3, the panic event on map 2 doesn't end until you press a button and the finale escape vehicle is a helicopter that lands on a tower that's in the cornfield.

Boonoo

Ha! I haven't played vs. in forever (or L4D2 at all really), but the new changes are amazing.

vs realism is such a great idea.

vertopci

Boonoo said:
Ha! I haven't played vs. in forever (or L4D2 at all really), but the new changes are amazing.

vs realism is such a great idea.

Having no invincibility frames is amazing!

As is getting rid of tier 2 and 3 weapons!

edit: Since your TF2 season is over, you should play some comp. L4D2 Boonoo! I need teammates D:

Nabs

hey guys, we're gonna be playing some vs tonight. 4v4 realism. we need people to play. don't be afraid, the rumors are only partially true.

feel free to join the group stallion posted @ the top of the page

Red Scarlet

Someone needs to tell Stallion that on realism, the melee/deagle are the best weapons on regular zombs, since they kill in 1 hit. Regular guns don't do that great while rushing, and the snipers are probably the worst weapons you can use in realism. But I can't tell him, since he won't make demos anymore. So if you could Nabs, that'd be awesome!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Red Scarlet said:
Someone needs to tell Stallion that on realism, the melee/deagle are the best weapons on regular zombs, since they kill in 1 hit. Regular guns don't do that great while rushing, and the snipers are probably the worst weapons you can use in realism. But I can't tell him, since he won't make demos anymore. So if you could Nabs, that'd be awesome!
WTF. I sent you a demo just last night. I think. I use the sniper rifle to piss off Vert because he thinks he is the only person allowed to use it. And honestly, I forget I have melee weps sometimes because I still play the game like L4D1 :(

Red Scarlet said:
Regular guns don't do that great while rushing, and the snipers are probably the worst weapons you can use in realism.
I totally disagree, on both parts. All you need in Realism against commons is a headshot. Therefore, I'd pick dual pistols over a deagle anyday. More room for error, with 3+ times as many rounds.

Also, the snipers = headshot city.

vertopci

Stallion Free said:
WTF. I sent you a demo just last night. I think. I use the sniper rifle to piss off Vert because he thinks he is the only person allowed to use it. And honestly, I forget I have melee weps sometimes because I still play the game like L4D1 :(

Hey man, you're always hogging the sniper! Let someone else have a go on it!

Besides, you can't snipe for shit <3

Red Scarlet

Revolutionary said:
I totally disagree, on both parts. All you need in Realism against commons is a headshot. Therefore, I'd pick dual pistols over a deagle anyday. More room for error, with 3+ times as many rounds.

Also, the snipers = headshot city.

It doesn't matter where you shoot them with a deagle, so that's 8+ kills a clip vs a lot less. Sniper you need to aim and HS, which isn't all that good on realism VS. On campaign too, the sniper seems bad. I love the sniper on non-realism.

Try it Stall, the melees clear out hordes very well!

I never knew I could do this, either: http://redscarlet.paragonsigma.com/L4D/hurdlewitch.avi

Watch the elevation carefully and you'll see what I was surprised about.

kuYuri

LMoE + Hard Rain = Fucking intense. That was the single greatest session of L4D2 I've ever had.

In the finale, just when the boat arrived, I had around 30-40 health while black and white after an encounter with a Jockey. The 3rd tank that showed up hit me while running away from it towards the boat and I still survived. The attack knocked me into the boat. :lol

I wish I was able to video record that.

muzsd1.gif

Top Bottom