• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Sibylus

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
What about the liquid? Or is it in the bottle already?
For the sake of simplicity I just assume bottles are full when survivors find them. If a bottle is used for a pipe bomb or bile jar, it's not much of a stretch to assume it was drained during the crafting process.

MNC

Botolf said:
For the sake of simplicity I just assume bottles are full when survivors find them. If a bottle is used for a pipe bomb or bile jar, it's not much of a stretch to assume it was drained during the crafting process.
zombies don't empty bottles

THEY FILL EM

Seriously that crafting system is pretty impressive. You just shouldn't use a rotating avatar because it's hard to see if you're botolf or not!

NullPointer said:
At first I thought this could be great. Just you, alone, against tons of common and uncommon infected. I'd remove the specials (except maybe the boomer) just because you could end up dying so quick from a single hunter pounce - where's the fun in that?

Actually, in one of the custom Mutations I linked earlier, the one with the Chargers, there's an accommodation in the scripting to allow for "second chances" even after getting pounced/grabbed/etc. So the option's there for them to allow it.

Sibylus

Banned
What does Zombiegaf think, should there craft buttons for individual weapons, or should there be a craft class button (ie Craft Rifle: Randomly creates an M16, AK-47, or a Desert Rifle). I'm leaning more toward individual buttons for all three rifles myself.

MNC said:
zombies don't empty bottles

THEY FILL EM

Seriously that crafting system is pretty impressive. You just shouldn't use a rotating avatar because it's hard to see if you're botolf or not!
Now I just have to add all the other junk to the inventory and add craft buttons for rest of the items. I suspect I may blow past the entdata limit in a full map, but that's mostly a guideline anyway.

But that's part of the fun of a rotating avatar, people pay more attention to what ya write! :p

Volcynika

New Blog!

Last Man On Earth, Special Infected Love, Favorite Campaign, and Last Video on Earth.

New Mutation
Last Man On Earth.

You will become legend to the infected as the last human left.
You are the only Survivor left in the world. No split screen help. No Survivor bots. But don't worry you aren't entirely alone. While there are no common Infected, Special Infected will hunt you down and become close, close friends with you.

This Mutation is available in Single Player Mode.

Special Infected Love
The results from last week's poll are in and the Hunter clawed his way to the top.

Here are the numbers from the PC:
20% Hunter
17% Charger
15% Tank
13% Spitter
12% Smoker
11% Witch
7% Boomer
5% Jockey

And the 360:
22% Hunter
18% Tank
14% Smoker
14% Witch
13% Charger
7% Jockey
7% Spitter
5% Boomer

The only thing we are sure of is that people love the Hunter.

Favorite Campaign
So now that we know what creatures you like, what campaigns do you like? Tell us in this week's poll - What's your favorite campaign?

Last Video on Earth
Since this week's Mutation is Single player only, we can't really play it with you. How about this? You play by yourself. Record a video of your best 60 seconds. Upload that clip to YouTube with the tag "L4D2LastSurvivor". We will wade through the submissions and feature the best in next week's web blog. If you want to pimp your clip, you can also go to forums.l4d.com and post in this thread.

Next Week's Mutation: Chainsaw Massacre

Turfster

Valve are sadists. Tried the passing with the new mutation, didn't even get to the secondary wep before I got hit with a tank...

vertopci

Don't need secondary weps to kill an AI tank. Just kite them to climb over shit and they will. Over and over and over again :lol

Pretty much rushed through The Passing.. only times I had to stop was when I heard a smoker spawn. A jockey got me once though, somehow (I melee'd the shit out of it).

It's a meh mutation. Would have preferred a shitload of commons and tanks/witches instead of just SI.

Ugh. Last Man on Earth jumps between "way too easy and boring" and "fucking evil". Played Hard Rain on Advanced, and most of the maps were spent running aimlessly through empty setpieces. Cornfield was a bitch due to being slowed down and having a jockey and smoker on my ass...and then the finale. Hate hate hate smokers. Soloing the tanks are fun, except when smokers and jockeys are running around. Then it's evil. Took me a few tries, but I made it. :D

Here's a demo for you, Red: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W4XJWQUA
I forgot to start recording until the second map though, my bad.

Last Man on Earth is shit. As said above, you're either running through empty areas, or you fall victim to a Special Infected you couldn't see, and can't properly defend yourself against.

Not to mention, why the fuck would you want to play Left 4 Dead 2 on your own anyway?

Here's my Dead Center run: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QJPYW551

It went much better than Hard Rain, 21 minutes as opposed to 44. I was only incapped 5 times, two of them from the same damn Hunter. :: shakes fist :: Other than that, I was pretty on-point. Died in the finale once due to tank rock + charger scratching me to death while I got up. But then I aced it the second time through. Surround sound helps a TON.

Nabs

yeah, it's a lot easier than it seems. there are kits everywhere, and the game won't let you die if you're not b/w.

srenity

Neo Member
Omg... I can't get past 3 minutes of Last Man on Earth. Any tips besides speed-running the whole campaign? Because that was what I was trying to do :p

Red Scarlet

srenity said:
Omg... I can't get past 3 minutes of Last Man on Earth. Any tips besides speed-running the whole campaign? Because that was what I was trying to do :p

Mols are pretty nice. I think I died 1x on Dark Carnival until the finale, where I was trying to show off (after I died on the 2nd Tank first try there). :(

Got a kind of funny escape though.

Minamu

I thought it was pretty neat. Granted, I only did half of Dead Center on easy just to try it out but it's kinda cool in a way, as a way of measuring how one person would survive a real zombie infection :) A strange infection, but still. In the end, I got jumped twice by the same hunter because he simply would not die >_< I tried to be cocky and melee him in the air but that only got me killed...

Next week though, that's gonna be so freaking AWESOME! :lol

Red Scarlet

Woohoo! Too bad 2 incaps. :(

sflmoexp0d.png

The finale was fun! Both Tanks still.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Man this mutation is just horrible. It just takes out all the fun things. Coop, common infected, etc. Its a good idea on paper, but it is just not fun to me at all.

Sibylus

Banned
Continued from this post. The crafting system is basically complete, aside from future improvements and bug fixes still needed (I can't get the M60 or the golf club, but I think that's more of a DLC content issue).

Screenshots!

Grenades and medicinal items (items go black when you have insufficient ingredients)
RWqtj.jpg

Lovely weapons
vafO2.jpg

This is the inventory table. Note how only the junk with at least 1 unit is visible. At the start of the map when you have nothing collected, the table is totally empty. Items will disappear off the table if you run out after crafting too.
7KSma.jpg

I made 5 molotovs. Because I could.
ofOZH.jpg

dragonlife29 said:
Is someone a little masochist? :D
If she is, she doesn't mind spreading the pain around. FROM THE BARREL OF A GUN D: D: D:

<3

Top Bottom