• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Blizzard said:
23% of people on PC, maybe!

ALso, my performance doesn't seem to be limited to TF2. With multicore rendering enabled, 1680x1050, max settings except for only 4xAA, my 1GB 5850 and 3.0 GHz e8400 only do like 35 fps in hard rain. :( Is that normal?

http://www.abload.de/img/c4m5_milltown_escape00q081.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I get 40 ish with my 8800gt and a 2.6ghz dual core with the same resolution and similar settings. It will drop to 25 or so in times of real chaos.

Mirk

HEY will some of of you add me! I am always up for some LFD2 The friends I play with always bail If the group is to good or too bad! steam ID head21mirk... I think >.> :(

Nessus

Stallion Free said:
In the middle of a random Gaf VS game, this caught my eye. I really like the colors.

left4dead22010-06-1100yu9v.jpg

That's actually really pretty. Artistic.

Minamu

Anyone else find themselves spending more time looking forward to the next mutation rather than actually enjoying the current one? :( I've had this problem since the very first week almost.

Turfster

Minamu said:
Anyone else find themselves spending more time looking forward to the next mutation rather than actually enjoying the current one? :( I've had this problem since the very first week almost.
This one's not so bad.
Of course, our main teamkiller usually wins... :lol

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
morningbus said:
Let me assure you that, with this match, it is not who won but how they won that matters!

We won HARD.
And we played pretty damn good as well. After map one, we really polished up our Survivor and actually kept very close together while keeping each other informed of all possible attacks/actual attacks. I was really pleased with our performance on both surv and inf actually. We had some really great takedowns.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeah, there were some absolutely awesome moments throughout.

My favorite:
Vert's team inexplicably splitting up at the start of map 2; Sanjay's Jockey and Villain's(?) smoker on the two left up front;

I wish my friends were playing this with the same intensity like they used to. I'm wanting to complete it on expert but it looks like it's not going to happen on xbox.

The achievement of charging a survivor through 8 chairs is proving extremely difficult to get.

As I thought, this weeks' mutation is yawn-worthy. The winner is the first person to the rescue vehicle? You can easily agree to that stipulation with your group in a normal game. Mutations are supposed to make the game play differently.

It could have been handled so much better. Oh well. I hope that we see some really good mutations again soon.

vertopci

morningbus said:
Yeah, there were some absolutely awesome moments throughout.

My favorite:
Vert's team inexplicably splitting up at the start of map 2; Sanjay's Jockey and Villain's(?) smoker on the two left up front;

Well Nabs and d. went back to get a pipebomb. Meanwhile, up front, I was like "Get away from the roof area" aka move back

And instead Panda goes towards it and everything went to shit :/

Mirk said:
HEY will some of of you add me! I am always up for some LFD2 The friends I play with always bail If the group is to good or too bad! steam ID head21mirk... I think >.> :(

I'll add you. Just so you know, we use Mumble for all our games so install that if you don't have it yet. The site is mumble.info i think.

Uncle AJ

Red Scarlet said:
Oh, guess you have to play a full campaign for the current mutation to give credit. Oops.

No I got Mutant Overlord the moment the map loaded up when I chose Passing finale for the mutation.

Minamu

It throws the fundamental basic of coop out the window. It doesn't get more flawed than that imho. It lives up the name though, I guess. It's definitely a mutation alright.

Volcynika

Minamu said:
It throws the fundamental basic of coop out the window. It doesn't get more flawed than that imho. It lives up the name though, I guess. It's definitely a mutation alright.

Not completely thrown out the window. Maybe on easy you can win alone, but generally on the higher difficulties you'd have a rough time coming out by yourself through the whole finale. You need co-op, but only to a point, where the whole human nature of wanting to be the best needs to be shown. Use intelligence and planning as to when and how you want to grab the advantage near the end. It takes the cooperation required throughout the majority of a finale and flips it on its head at the end, because while you can make a mad dash by yourself, it also leaves you vulnerable and no one will save you if you get caught.

Minamu

Nah, that gameplay flip is not for me :D It sounds sort of cool when you describe it like that though. Still, I didn't buy this game to be competitive.

vertopci

Volcynika said:
Not completely thrown out the window. Maybe on easy you can win alone, but generally on the higher difficulties you'd have a rough time coming out by yourself through the whole finale. You need co-op, but only to a point, where the whole human nature of wanting to be the best needs to be shown. Use intelligence and planning as to when and how you want to grab the advantage near the end. It takes the cooperation required throughout the majority of a finale and flips it on its head at the end, because while you can make a mad dash by yourself, it also leaves you vulnerable and no one will save you if you get caught.

Good one :lol

Not only that but who the fuck would want to play through 10 minutes of a shit finale just to spend 20 seconds trying to beat the other guys to the vehicle? Just do a god damn race to the saferoom or something instead :/

Volcynika

vertopci said:
Good one :lol

That's such a great rebuttal. I expected as much from you, Vert!

Not only that but who the fuck would want to play through 10 minutes of a shit finale just to spend 20 seconds trying to beat the other guys to the vehicle? Just do a god damn race to the saferoom or something instead :/

Because some people don't consider them shitty finales. The matches are quick, much like scavenge, since you don't have to do a full campaign. And it's a mutation. Different way to play. That's the idea.

vertopci

Volcynika said:
That's such a great rebuttal. I expected as much from you, Vert!

Because some people don't consider them shitty finales. The matches are quick, much like scavenge, since you don't have to do a full campaign. And it's a mutation. Different way to play. That's the idea.

Yea for the last 20 to 30 seconds :lol

A race to saferoom mutation would be so much better than this crappy one.

Volcynika

vertopci said:
Yea for the last 20 to 30 seconds :lol

A race to saferoom mutation would be so much better than this crappy one.

Nah, how finales are generally in more concentrated areas seems like a more balanced arena.

But I know you're going to respond in the same manner the entire time. C'est la vie.

drkOne

Cereal KiIIer said:
L4D2: awesome game ruined by rage quitters.
Is it still as bad? L4D2 community in the beginning was complete shit. You couldn't have a complete game with pubs at all. But recently I haven't seen many rage quitters.
And even when the game gets decided halfway through a campaign, most people will stick until the end.
Versus right?

drkOne said:
Is it still as bad? L4D2 community in the beginning was complete shit. You couldn't have a complete game with pubs at all. But recently I haven't seen many rage quitters.
And even when the game gets decided halfway through a campaign, most people will stick until the end.
Versus right?

Man... In versus mode it's terrible. I've have been playing on/off all day and completed only 1 game with the original team.

Spl1nter

Cereal KiIIer said:
Man... In versus mode it's terrible. I've have been playing on/off all day and completed only 1 game with the original team.

Doesn't help that a campaign takes around an hour to complete usually. Not to mention the shit chapters that every campaign has which are just a waste of time.

vazel

Banned
drkOne said:
Versus right?
I logged hundreds of hours in the L4D games(not necessarily because I love the games that much but only because it was one of the few games that didn't crash on my unstable 4850) and rage quitting is a big problem. I don't blame the rage quitters, there are certain points in the game where it's obvious your team is doing badly and isn't going to win so why bother wasting time by finishing a 1+ hour match. It's especially bad in L4D1 where you see a lot of pub stomping.

syllogism

- Added a 25 point scoring penalty for using a Defibrillator.
- Scaled dynamic Defibrillators based on map length with a maximum of 1 per map.
- Removed dynamic Pill conversion to First Aid Kits.
- Removed Explosive Ammunition.
- Increased Jockey damage per second.
- Removed Jockey’s damage delay.
Oh wow

Top Bottom