• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

I will probably play with my bud Lososaurus/Licensed 2 Rock, but if not, I'll totally join you guys. I'm at work too, though, so won't be home for a good long while.

Erebus

Isn't the update supposed to start downloading automatically when you sign in on Steam? If so, there's nothing here yet. :(

Plasma

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Oh god, it's trying to download both versions at the same time.

Mine started updating the authoring tools and the addon support as well.

Right now I just can't get mine to continue the download, it starts for a few seconds then I get the errors.

Firebrand

IonicSnake said:
So how do I download this on steam?

It should start downloading itself eventually, you can sometimes force it by restarting Steam or enabling then disabling the auto-updating on the product. Servers are overloaded atm though.

Firebrand said:
It should start downloading itself eventually, you can sometimes force it by restarting Steam or enabling then disabling the auto-updating on the product. Servers are overloaded atm though.

Oh, thanks. :)

Nice. And about everyone who owns L4D1 and L4D2 automatically starts 5 or 6 downloads at once, instantly sending Steam's servers into crash mode.

I'd say get the bundle, unless you really need those 4 extra euros/dollars/whatevers. I played the shit out of L4D2 and got the original during the christmas sale. I didnt regret it at all.

Yeah, got a speed raise as well :lol

Ok, almost finished! Gonna sprint trough dinner to spend some hours playing this!

Which should I play first? L4D1 version, or L4D2 version? Are there any differences?

If anyone wants to add me on Steam: ChackanPT

DarkKyo

Comic was great but the
complete lack of L4D2 survivors
was disappointing.
The Omega Man said:
Honest question, at this point isn't just better to just buy L4D2? is L4D1 still played?
If that the case then I'll get both. let me know
Get L4D2... it is awesome. It blew me away when it came out and it's still amazing! I can't go back to L4D because of the lack of the new special infected and other features.

Saty

So...that's weird. Now it says the download is 10.6 GB and that somehow it already downloaded 8.6 GB. What's going on?

ColR100

Steam really is a piece of shit sometimes. Takes ages to load up, hangs also, and then can't even download the DLC properly.

For the amount of money they're making you'd think they'd provide a smoother service.

derFeef

Saty said:
So...that's weird. Now it says the download is 10.6 GB and that somehow it already downloaded 8.6 GB. What's going on?
It switched to the full game size, instead of only the patch size. Happened to me as well while I was searching for a good server.

ColR100 said:
Steam really is a piece of shit sometimes. Takes ages to load up, hangs also, and then can't even download the DLC properly.

For the amount of money they're making you'd think they'd provide a smoother service.
This is what happens when roughly five trillion people all log on to try and download a 3GB patch at once.

DarkKyo

Hey You said:
40 mins for a DLC download? I'm glad I'm not into PC gaming.
really.jpg

Sadist

Saty said:
Haha, same here. I wanted to look at the download rate and it seemd it crashed. But I just re-opened Steam BAM there it is :lol

MoFuzz

Hey You said:
40 mins for a DLC download? I'm glad I'm not into PC gaming.
$14 U.S. for content that the developers of the game would rather release for free on top of the $50 paid for peer to peer multiplayer that uses my own bandwidth? I'm glad I'm not into being bent over and penetrated anally by Microsoft.

vazel

Banned
Wow there's a huge troll glitch in the beginning of map 1 where survivors can continually hop on the water and infected can't spawn because their ghosts can't get out of the water. Dammit Valve your games are chock full of trolls and you let something like that past QA?

Rubezh

Just finished the download for L4D1. Had a quick look and it has 3 maps: The Docks, The Barge, and Port Finale. Not sure how long it'll take for a straight campaign run but it might be rather short.

Rubezh said:
Just finished the download for L4D1. Had a quick look and it has 3 maps: The Docks, The Barge, and Port Finale. Not sure how long it'll take for a straight campaign run but it might be rather short.
Survivor A.I. as sharp as ever. :lol
Playing SP/Adv and you'll
need at least 2 to survive the finale.

I thought 3.5gb update was a lot, but I left the house for a minute and come back to see:

Seriously? 10.5-11.5gb?

edit: guess I should have read the thread more.

Top Bottom