• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

:lol that sounds amazing.

And we had a good game,even though the server modifications were a bit annoying. Bill sacrificed himself a bit prematurely :p

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
ShockingAlberto said:
It'd be especially great if there were only three adrenaline shots at any given supply area.
Or the survivors could just have adrenaline in effect always. That would balance it somewhat and for the tanks to plan attacks.

I've now played all but one L4D campaign (Blood Harvest)in preparation for the DLC. Just had a really frustrating round through Dead Air because of some of the other players. I just don't understand the things people find fun: join game...use multiple health kits...leave; join game...shoot...everyone... leave; killing themselves with propane, molotovs or canisters. Ugh. Still a fun game, though, with the 2 others who were at least attempting to play right.

It's likely that when The Passing comes L4D1/2 will get discounted right? Want to get some friends to buy it, but no point when you can buy for half-price if you're patient enough :lol.

Baha

Somebody released a l4d2 server plugin that was Taaaank. Essentially it was a campaign only plugin that would spawn tanks at intervals (default was every 30 seconds, maybe less). Making this playable in versus however is a great idea.

Nabs

darkpaladinmfc said:
It's likely that when The Passing comes L4D1/2 will get discounted right? Want to get some friends to buy it, but no point when you can buy for half-price if you're patient enough :lol.

Most likely.

MoFuzz

The games will almost assuredly be on sale come Tuesday, so it'll be a good time to jump in for those who don't already have em. Yay, fresh meat!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Daigoro said:
that achievement was BS. Even harder when no fucking tanks spawn until the finale.

Valve fucked that one up.
I think I'm gonna go farm that with my bro one of these days. He can probably kite the AI over to the cars in the finale... is it possible to skip to map 2 when locally hosting on PC?

Baha

Stallion Free said:
I think I'm gonna go farm that with my bro one of these days. He can probably kite the AI over to the cars in the finale... is it possible to skip to map 2 when locally hosting on PC?

Yes, as a host you can pick any map of a campaign to play.

Volcynika

For the lazy

Left 4 Dead 2 will be released on the Mac Tuesday October 5th. If you already own it on the PC, then you own it on the Mac. All you need to do is install it on your Mac and start playing.

If you don’t already own it, now is a great time to pick it up. Not only do you get Left 4 Dead 2 but steam owners get all the previously released DLC for free! So you get the original 5 Campaigns and “The Passing”, “The Sacrifice” and “No Mercy.” Best of all, there is already a thriving community and excellent community created campaigns waiting for you.

Sorry Left 4 Dead owners, the Mac version is coming but we are running a little late. We hope to have it out in time to celebrate Halloween on the Mac. When released, L4D1 Mac players will receive the same great treatment. All the previous released updates and DLC for free and the ability to play an extensive library of community content. More information on the release date as it nears.

Long and short of it, L4D2 Mac is out this Tuesday, but the original is not coming out this week. They are at least aiming to release the original for Mac by the end of the month.

I just realized 360 users have to buy The Sacrifice twice if they want to use it in L4D 1 and 2. I was somehow willing to pay for it once but twice? Fuck this, I don't want to choose between the two games.

(sorry if it's old and has already been the subject of n rants)

Volcynika

Palette Swap said:
I just realized 360 users have to buy The Sacrifice twice if they want to use it in L4D 1 and 2. I was somehow willing to pay for it once but twice? Fuck this, I don't want to choose between the two games.

(sorry if it's old and has already been the subject of n rants)

Well probably one of the reasons that they're both individually priced is due to new achievements in both versions. I remember when Valve got some DLC free for the 360 version (I think Survival mode?) they had no achievements for the 360 version. Granted I don't know of any cases where Microsoft has let developers release new content that includes new achievements for free, but I don't keep up on 360 stuff.

Volcynika said:
Well probably one of the reasons that they're both individually priced is due to new achievements in both versions. I remember when Valve got some DLC free for the 360 version (I think Survival mode?) they had no achievements for the 360 version. Granted I don't know of any cases where Microsoft has let developers release new content that includes new achievements for free, but I don't keep up on 360 stuff.
The only example that comes to my mind is Bioshock, a free pack was released a few months after the game came out and this free pack provided new achievements.

Crackdown did something similar with its DLC: you could buy the DLC or just play it online with someone who had bought it. Achievements could be unlocked in both cases.

The whole "achievements = must pay more" thing seems counterproductive to me anyway given there are already caps being enforced (250 points a quarter IIRC) and should be left to publishers.

Stallion Free said:
You chose to buy the game on a system that charges for DLC 99% of the time. You put yourself in this position.
And it usually charges once for DLC. I'm mostly done with paid DLC if only because I don't want to condone that kind of stuff.

And yes, that was ultimately my point: in the end it'll probably be more effective to buy L4D 1&2 on PC.

(I didn't choose anything, L4D2 was a present, but thanks for your nice answer)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Palette Swap said:
And it usually charges once for DLC.

It is charging once. L4D1 and L4D2 are two separate games.

(I didn't choose anything, L4D2 was a present, but thanks for your nice answer)

You sure got him! Who would have thought that you'd been gifted the game! Touche, good sir! I'm sure you also have a similarly cunning response to the implication that you purchased L4D1, thereby still involving yourself in this, if you will, Dilemma-L-C!

vazel

Banned
You guys piss me off so much!
argh.gif

morningbus said:
Only if you order it through Overstock.com as it celebrates 11 glorious years of serving its customers.

I'm a Club O member so alls good here.
Not really

Matter of fact, I'm so excited, I'm making my Club O face right now.

Volcynika

Stallion Free said:
Anyways, so what do they have left to reveal about the campaign today?

Well they already 'surprised' Mac owners with a delay of L4D1 for Mac, maybe they have some sort of disappointment for PC people.

But seriously, didn't they say it was some kind of 'unique' finale, or did I read that incorrectly. Maybe something about that?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Volcynika said:
Well they already 'surprised' Mac owners with a delay of L4D1 for Mac, maybe they have some sort of disappointment for PC people.

But seriously, didn't they say it was some kind of 'unique' finale, or did I read that incorrectly. Maybe something about that?
The trailer showed them running the bridge so my guess is that part of it will be a gauntlet and then maybe the second half will be a hold out?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Judging by those achievements, I think the finale will go like this: Three generators are required to lower/raise a bridge; each generator makes a very loud noise that attracts a tank; you need to have all three generators running at once to move the bridge; one survivor must remain behind to put the bridge back up and stop the horde of zombies from progressing.

Top Bottom