• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Maybe they will announce how they mark Mac players to separate them from the masses today. I'm still hoping on the survivors being dressed in a hipster fashion. It would be a fucking amazing Valve troll.

morningbus said:
Judging by those achievements, I think the finale will go like this: Three generators are required to lower/raise a bridge; each generator makes a very loud noise that attracts a tank; you need to have all three generators running at once to move the bridge; one survivor must remain behind to put the bridge back up and stop the horde of zombies from progressing.
That sounds pretty close, but I don't think it's quite right. Since there's an achievement, I don't think they expect you to be able to keep all three generators running at once easily. So therefore I propose that more generators running = quicker bridge moving PLUS increased horde size/frequency.

I don't expect that the DLC will be up before 6 October Euro time. Even it is does go up, the servers will probably too busy so you can't get it :p I don't mind, we still have to play Blood Harvest :D

Stallion Free said:
Anyways, so what do they have left to reveal about the campaign today?

If the trailer is a L4D1 trailer, then it certainly seems to be heavily suggesting that L4D2s special infected will be added into L4D1 - theres a spitter clearly visible as the l4d1 guys are waling along.

Bluth54

delirium said:
Are they going to port the other L4D campaigns into L4D2 so I can just have that installed?
I wouldn't be surprised if Valve eventually ports them all, maybe release one every few months like the TF2 updates.

MNC

OmegaDragon said:
I don't expect that the DLC will be up before 6 October Euro time. Even it is does go up, the servers will probably too busy so you can't get it :p I don't mind, we still have to play Blood Harvest :D
Blood Harvest the only one we still have to play? Ah, we'll definitely make that :lol

Daigoro

oh shit. This is supposed to come out today.

I hope its out by the time i get home this morning. Guess i shouldnt hold my breath tho.

Looking forward to some new L4D content.

Shoogoo

OmegaDragon said:

Why do you say that? Has there been words that the DLC will be delayed?

feel

Dammit, I think they only update the xbox marketplace at a specific time early in the morning, so it not being up yet probably means that we will get it tomorrow.. :(

Nabs

Letters said:
Dammit, I think they only update the xbox marketplace at a specific time early in the morning, so it not being up yet probably means that we will get it tomorrow.. :(

yeah 5am est, but i think i've seen updates happen at different times. not sure, i dont have a 360

Valve's probably still sleeping.

I notice they often don't update things until around 6:00 PM EST, and even then you have to wait a couple more hours for things to stabilize, and then you have to actually download it and wait.

Valve time means any announced product is really coming out the day after the planned day.

derFeef

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Valve's probably still sleeping.

I notice they often don't update things until around 6:00 PM EST, and even then you have to wait a couple more hours for things to stabilize, and then you have to actually download it and wait.

Valve time means any announced product is really coming out the day after the planned day.
It´s always the same time updates come out. Yet people come almost 12 hours early and ask where the hell the update is ;)

Shoogoo

derFeef said:
It´s always the same time updates come out. Yet people come almost 12 hours early and ask where the hell the update is ;)

The Passing was released on time, at around 6 a.m. est the day announced.

Can't remember for CC though

MNC

Omega was talking about how all Valve update are for EURO/GMT(+1) times at around 11pm. Add a bit of valve time, you'll be delayed into october 6th + servers busy = you'll best wait till the day after.

For US, it'll still be 5th.

vazel

Banned
And so it begins.

349rZ.jpg

qwerty2k

Excited as a mac user as ive never played L4D - got both the original (not yet out for mac but will be soon) and L4D2 for an awesomely cheap £8!

Top Bottom