• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

vazel

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:
I'm not your friend, pal.
omg.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh thanks for clearing that up Heavy, at first I thought you were a bitch because of these complaints, but it's now clear you are just an asshole for how you treated Vazel.

Blizzard said:
Silly question -- tonight is the last chance to try the tank mutation before it changes tomorrow, correct?

And if so, does anyone have any further opinions on it? I want to try it at least once, but I heard someone complaining that it was actually annoying for the tanks, since they can spawn behind the survivors (and thus never catch them unless normal zombies or a panic event slows them down). For some maps it seems like it should be fun, though.

It can be somewhat annoying, as sometimes you'll pay an entire campaign where your team will always spawn behind the survivors when playing as the tanks, yet when the roles are reversed, the other team will spawn in front of you.

Also, any level with a crescendo event is basically unbeatable for the survivors, which can break the game somewhat, especially if it's near the start. For example, the finale in the Parish. The tanks all spawn before the bridge is lowered, so you'll be incfredibly lucky to have even one survivor make it past the starting area.

That said though, it's still a damn fun mode. Just play it for the shits and giggles, and know that skill has nothing to do with whether your team wins or not; it's down to where the tanks spawn.

Twig said:
Yes, because it is completely nonsensical. This is a world that has gone to hell. It is not unreasonable or out of character for someone to go from the word "witch" to the word "bitch", even if that so-called bitch is not unrelentingly aggressive.

Imagine a scenario where you, one time, in this world, run into a "witch". You are with a friend. She is crying. Your friend feels pity. He approaches, and is summarily annihilated by this thing. Later, you learn it is called a "witch" from whatever source. Unsurprisingly, you garner some hostility toward this witch and make the leap over the Grand Canyon that is changing one letter to another.

Surely you can understand the quite simple point, that my annoyance with what is said is already based on my interaction with the game; I have made that discovery when approaching the witch when I first played the game.

The reason why I take issue with it being directed at the witch and only the witch, is because her aggression is borne out of you disturbing her, her belligerence exists because of your action. The other special infected act irrespective of how you progress through a campaign and because of that, are deserving of any insults.

But, I repeat, I clearly am the only one annoyed at this.

vazel

Banned
Ben2749 said:
Also, any level with a crescendo event is basically unbeatable for the survivors, which can break the game somewhat, especially if it's near the start. For example, the finale in the Parish. The tanks all spawn before the bridge is lowered, so you'll be incfredibly lucky to have even one survivor make it past the starting area.
You know you can climb onto the fences in that area. You can probably do a decent job of avoiding the tanks by hopping around on top of them.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Surely you can understand the quite simple point, that my annoyance with what is said is already based on my interaction with the game; I have made that discovery when approaching the witch when I first played the game.

The reason why I take issue with it being directed at the witch and only the witch, is because her aggression is borne out of you disturbing her, her belligerence exists because of your action. The other special infected act irrespective of how you progress through a campaign and because of that, are deserving of any insults.

Wandering witches.

Twig

Banned
Heavy's Sandvich said:

Hence why your complaint is nonsensical.

A normal person would react with hostility, even if it's not physical, at every subsequent sighting of a witch. You are abnormal in your lack of hostility.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
There are witches that are placed in ways that make them unavoidable. You have to confront them. They are bitches.
Now, now, clearly we are supposed to simply give up.

After all, it's not their fault they tear us to pieces when we approach.

Rickard

Heavy's Sandvich said:

So, are you saying that they should all feel sorry for the witch and get all depressed whenever they see one?

"God damn it Ellis, you leave that poor girl alone! She has not done anything wrong."

Blizzard

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Oh thanks for clearing that up Heavy, at first I thought you were a bitch because of these complaints, but it's now clear you are just an asshole for how you treated Vazel.
Heavy's Sandvich said:
Did my intentionally misquoted South Park reference not register?
I don't even watch South Park and I'm pretty sure I've heard the reference, if it makes you feel any better. For those who aren't familiar, try http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I'm not your friend, buddy

vertopci said:
I like how it's ok to kill the witch, but not ok to call her a bitch.
It's not ok to call her a bitch because then she'll hear you and get startled and kill you, so yeah it's ok to kill her rather than call her a bitch.

One action is done out of necessity the other from volition.

I'm intrigued now, how many of you guys kill witches that pose no threat?

Not that doing so makes you out to be some sort of monster, just intrigued to hear of people's playing styles.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Heavy's Sandvich said:

Not that doing so makes you out to be some sort of monster, just intrigued to hear of people's playing styles.
I kill every witch I find. My group gets a thrill out of the melee gang bang take down.

DarkKyo

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Does anyone else hate when Coach refers to the witch as that 'bitch'?
No, that's very silly to hate that... because she is one. It's not just because she's female.. she's a grotesque female at the level of an animal, so yes, she is a bitch in my eyes.

Twig

Banned
Dechaios said:
No, that's very silly to hate that... because she is one. It's not just because she's female.. she's a grotesque female at the level of an animal, so yes, she is a bitch in my eyes.
Animals have feelings too. PETA would be appalled.

This thread (and discussion of Witches) reminds me of the really sad Sacrifice grafiti

"We heard mom crying in a ditch. When dad went to get her, she killed him. She's one of them now"

:(

It depresses me a little.

Heavy's Sandvich said:

Of course. You never known when a stray bullet or grenade might trigger her at the worst possible moment. Shotgun: apply directly to the forehead.

Fox1304 said:
Never tried realism, but I will.
It's like no auras, no indications etc ?

Yes exactly, no outlines on anything so co-op is key. Some hairy moments when you don't know where people are exactly.

Are you playing on pc or 360?

Forgive me if you've said already.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Dechaios said:

Weirdo

DarkKyo

Twig said:
Animals have feelings too. PETA would be appalled.
It's the definition of a female dog, no hard feelings there. "Bitch" packs way more punch for you people who are offended than it should. Someone was arguing that she's not an antagonistic character? I think by nature the intelligent/special infected are just malevolent for logical reasons and she is included in that bunch. Even if she only bugs you if you bug her, she REALLY overreacts and that's a product of her mutation. Classify her as an animal because that's what she has become. She's a bitch.

Twig

Banned
HK-47 said:
Blood Harvest is a less awesome Death Toll
Death Toll is indeed the best..
Dechaios said:
It's the definition of a female dog, no hard feelings there. "Bitch" packs way more punch for you people who are offended than it should. Someone was arguing that she's not an antagonistic character? I think by nature the intelligent/special infected are just malevolent for logical reasons and she is included in that bunch. Even if she only bugs you if you bug her, she REALLY overreacts and that's a product of her mutation. Classify her as an animal because that's what she has become. She's a bitch.
There's only one guy.

MoFuzz

Fox1304 said:
Never tried realism, but I will.
It's like no auras, no indications etc ?
- No outlines for your teammates, you have to call out to your team if you need help
- common infected can sustain more damage to body, but are suceptible to headshots
- no health packs other than the one you spawn with
- no respawn closets, dead survivors can only be defibed, otherwise they will respawn at next map.
- witch is even more of a bitch since she kills in one hit as opposed to just incap.

DarkKyo

Heavy's Sandvich said:
Yeah it's definitely just me.

Agree to disagree; like the meaning of San Diego.
Sure.. just don't take it personally. Also, I'm just curious, and please don't take this the wrong way... are you female?

It was only ever meant to see whether others shared my oversensitive nature regarding the witch, which has been proven quite thoroughly that no-one else does.

Twig

Banned
Stallion Free said:
It was just a really pointless, obscure thing to bitch about. There are bigger better things, like Twig sucking at the game.
We only ever played together once, ages ago, in L4D1, HOW DO YOU KNOW I SUCK AT THE GAME.

Heavy's Sandvich said:
This is fast turning into a pantomime of me saying you haven't quite understood and you protesting that you have.
And thus it shall remain, forever in our hearts, a memory of good times long passed.

Top Bottom