• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Omeyocan said:
Ok. Thanks anyway.

This means that, in some sort, I must purchase an XBOX 360 controller to play games on my Mac ?

No, it's an emulator, it tricks the game into thinking you're using a 360 controller because most PC game controller support is specifically built around the 360 controller.

RustyO

Finally got round to playing this last night after picking it up in the recent sale (thanks shagg_187) with another gaffer.

Managed to do Dead Center, before trying The Passing... but
we got stuck at the bridge / generator trying to get enough gas cans
as we kept getting spammed by dual tanks and backup special infected.

Admittedly though, neither my friend nor I are the most awesome FPS player's out there :lol

Blizzard

Banned
Stupid question time! L4D1 just updated:

In Versus mode Tanks will spawn in stasis until a human player takes over. Tanks in stasis are invisible and invulnerable, and won't move or attack
Tank speed is no longer reduced when on fire
Allow players on the Infected team to manually spawn during finales
Added a vote option toggle All-Talk
Any Special Infected that causes a Survivor to stumble into a "ledge hang" situation will receive 50 points
Bullets that first pass through an infected character before striking a Survivor are now ignored as friendly fire
In Versus mode car alarms will now trigger anytime a Special Infected pulls or stumbles a Survivor into an alarm car
Are the bolded options already in L4D2? I'm pretty sure I always get to manually spawn during finales, at least in No Mercy versus (though sometimes it can be really hard to spawn far enough away, i.e. boomers can't spawn underneath the machine gun nest building?). At any rate, they sound like good changes to me.

Volcynika

New blog

Bleed Out Versus, You Rock, Halloween?

Bleed Out Versus
Now you have a good excuse for rushing through Versus.

There is no permanent Survivor health, it is all temporary and it is ticking down. Even if you don’t normally play Versus, this is a great mutation to try. The action is frantic and fast as team wipes are always just a few seconds away.

You Rock!
It didn’t matter on the platform, 38% of you have rocked out with the Midnight Riders in Rock Band. We need to get cracking on converting the rest of the Riders’ catalog.

Are you dressing up for Halloween?
Of course you are, the real question is - are you dressing up as someone from the Left 4 Dead universe? If you do dress up, make sure to post your picture on our Facebook pages. This week’s poll asks who you would dress up as - make sure to vote using the in-game poll.

Still not sure who you want to be, what about just being part of the crowd? If you are going to go as a common infected make sure to check out this tutorial on getting your infected makeup right.

Don’t forget, if you are in Seattle this weekend, the first annual ZomBcon will be in full swing. Look for us Sunday, we’ll be the ones carrying shwag and concept art to hand out at our 12 noon panel.

Next week: Healing Gnome

And some side updates

New Mutation: Bleed Out Versus

Tank speed is no longer reduced when on fire

Fixed team votes passing without a majority from both teams
Fixed a bug where the add-on list could become unresponsive to mouse input
Protected against some console commands that could be used to lag or crash servers

turk128

For a game I put more than 150+ hours in, I shoulda done this much sooner.

2qst9g8.png

x6db1u.png
286x2ls.png
2retzl4.png
ejap7s.png

So I searched this thread a little bit and couldn't find an exact answer. If I buy 'The Sacrifice for L4D2 and then I want to play it on L4D1 that means I have to purchase it again?

I read a news story that siad you have to buy them separately. :(

If so, that is a load. It should be if you buy 'The Sacrifice' then you can play it on either L4D2 or L4D1. This is why DLC is fucked. Hopefully this isn't the case...

So I searched this thread a little bit and couldn't find an exact answer. If I buy 'The Sacrifice for L4D2 and then I want to play it on L4D1 that means I have to purchase it again?

I read a news story that siad you have to buy them separately. :(

If so, that is a load. It should be if you buy 'The Sacrifice' then you can play it on either L4D2 or L4D1. This is why DLC is fucked. Hopefully this isn't the case...

That is the case. I hope you continue to enjoy the wonderful services provided by XBL. =D

Volcynika

Update

Healing Gnome, Halloween?, Pick the Mutation, Tweet Tweet

Healing Gnome
There is only one way to heal, holding the Gnome!

This Coop game is all about the Gnome and his magical healing properties. There is only one way to heal and that is by holding the Gnome. Better share him with your teammates!

Halloween?
If you haven’t checked out the Halloween Costumes on our Facebook pages, what are you waiting for? Hunters, Zoeys, Bills, and even Rochelles are all there to TERRIFY YOU!!! For the poll, the Hunter handily won followed by the Tank. PC players then chose Bill and 360 players chose Ellis.

From a quick headcount in the real world, I think the order was Hunter, Ellis, Zoey, and then Bill. The Tank seemed to be too much for most people’s costume making abilities.

Pick the Mutation.
Pick Next week’s Mutation:
1)Bleedout Versus
2)Healing Gnome
3)Hunting Party
4)Lone Gunman
5)Taaannnkk!

Tweet Tweet
Want to know what the Left 4 Dead development team is working on or thinking about? Follow us on our brand new Twitter account at twitter.com/l4ddev. We promise we will never bore you with what we are eating or … okay, we did have some really good Thai food today. But look, we said that here and not on the twitter account, the twitter account will stay food free. We promise. Most likely.

Other things in update

Left 4 Dead 2
New Mutation: Healing Gnome
Pressing E while in ghost mode will teleport you to the next visible player
Voting has been restricted to stop vote spam

Blizzard

Banned
The magical gnome mutation is hard on advanced. Actually, I think we only wiped No Mercy 3 and then I died before the second tank on the finale (argh, I wanted to use my grenade launcher there too), but I think my teammate said that was the first time they had beaten it.

I think you heal a little more quickly than you bleed out, but it's still hard.

123rl

I played No Mercy Versus on L4D2 a couple of times with my friend. Holy shit...that campaign will never get boring! I knew it would happen but the Charger - at several parts of the campaign - is fucking brutal. Not so much because of Death Charges, because there are a few, but because a good charge can completely split the team and lead to destruction. My favourite place to do it? Right off the rooftop on mission 3 when they go up the ladder and walk along the rooftop. Angle it to take them back to the petrol station and they'll go that far with very little resistance.

So...one year later and I still play this game most nights. Still my favourite game, probably ever!

Teknoman

I know I havent played L4D2 much lately...but I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of L4D2 gaf group event night like the TF2 gaf group. Just a random play co-op or versus event message to spur people into playing.

Noticed two things while playing this weekend: I can't get enough of Dark Carnival, and Left 4 Dead 2 is my most played game. It never fails. :lol

Edit: Any 360 gamers up for some East Coast campaign playthroughs on Advanced/Expert later this week?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got a question for people who worked with the console commands with this game.

I'm trying to find the commands to modify how the grenade launcher works (radius of explosion, how far the grenade itself can launch, how big is the friendly fire radius etc.) but i cant seem to find them. I clearly remember using them sooner this year, but i forgot how!! Anyone good with commands could help? I want to have some fun with the grenade launcher in the solo mode. :lol

123rl said:
I played No Mercy Versus on L4D2 a couple of times with my friend.

Shit, I just found out it was ported to L4D2!!

Is Valve doing the same to the other L4D1 campaigns? That way I wouldn't have to choose between which game I should play lol

Daigoro

afternoon delight said:
Noticed two things while playing this weekend: I can't get enough of Dark Carnival, and Left 4 Dead 2 is my most played game. It never fails. :lol

Edit: Any 360 gamers up for some East Coast campaign playthroughs on Advanced/Expert later this week?
e

im two weeks late here, but anyone around who want to play some on 360 today?

ill be around. GT is in my profile.

Blizzard

Banned
Updates to Left 4 Dead 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Left 4 Dead 2
Encore mutation: Hard Eight
Fixed dedicated servers not launching if "hl2" was in the installation path
Allow m60s to spawn on original campaigns for mod use.
Fixed edge case to prevent Infected Players from cycling to survivors whose glows have nearly faded.
Tweaks to survivor health glow settings to make states easier to recognize.
Fixed a glow color transition point that was off by one.
Added cvars to control the behavior of survivor health glows
cl_glow_survivor_health_bleed_pulse
cl_glow_survivor_health_bleed_pulse_speed
cl_glow_survivor_health_bleed_pulse_amount
cl_glow_survivor_health_include_buffer
Gameplay
Increased spawn times slightly for special infected in Realism Versus.
Removed ability to crown witches in realism game modes
Not that anyone would try to crown witches in realism modes, but that sounds entertaining.

Apparently the mutation is the 8-special-infected one that I have not yet tried.

I too just realized they ported over No Mercy to L4D2.

*reinstalls*

NM at the highest levels of Vs. was a science, and if you knew what you were doing only the most incredibly coordinated infected team could take you out. Adding a Charger and Spitter to the mix has to just completely change that campaign.

bluedeviltron said:
I too just realized they ported over No Mercy to L4D2.

*reinstalls*

NM at the highest levels of Vs. was a science, and if you knew what you were doing only the most incredibly coordinated infected team could take you out. Adding a Charger and Spitter to the mix has to just completely change that campaign.
It sucks. It was only a science because we had no choice but to get good at it.

L4D2's campaigns initially disappointed me too, but going back to No Mercy shows just how much they learned from it. The only bad part of L4D2 is the hunter is the new bitch infected.

Daigoro

i added you Ross. i should be around tonight.

just got my PC back up and running and downloaded all of the updates i missed. got some catching up to do.

dangeROSS

Cool. I'll look for you. I'm still trying to get used to Steam and PC gaming in general. I'm a newcomer to PC gaming as a whole. Also, I stayed up until 4 Last night playing the Parish level with some friends. This game has become my crack.

I fucking hate Swamp Fever with a passion. The only way I could find people willing to play it on Expert was during Gib Fest.

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
The only bad part of L4D2 is the hunter is the new bitch infected.
Mainly because the buffer to his pounce area is like a fucking football field.

Top Bottom