• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

anyone else getting a checking for steam games updates problem where none of the games show up under my games?

edit: nevermind guess im not the only one

AVclub

2qt8fb7.gif

The zombies are being removed from their crypts right now so I can shoot them. :D

Left 4 Dead 2 is live on Steam!
posted by Shawn @ 01:23AM on November 17, 2009

launchBox.jpg

The sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-operative multiplayer thriller, is now available via Steam to gamers around the globe. The title will be available for the PC and Xbox 360 at retail stores on Tuesday, November 17th in North America, and worldwide throughout the week. For more information, please visit www.steamgames.com.

Didn't that picture originate from the Left4Dead 2 demo thread? lol

DemiMatt

PunjabiPlaya said:
Am I the only one who's steam client just keeps scanning for Steam games updates?

mine keeps saying that too. Id venture to guess anyones whos stuff is saying that wont be playing tonight since the servers are overloaded to shit.

jas0

Neo Member
krispyclean said:
anyone else getting a checking for steam games updates problem where none of the games show up under my games?

edit: nevermind guess im not the only one

Same here. But now the decryption popped up out of nowhere, so we'll see if it all works out.. 54%

1up

I finished decrypting and then it said "Completing installation" then it said "Install incomplete..

FUCK

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
wtf? 'incomplete installation of Left 4 Dead 2 (2)'

Zeliard

If you get Incomplete Installation just try it again a couple times. I got that message once, tried it again, and bingo I'm in.

Didn't restart Steam either.

So the "my games" tab is just telling me it is scanning for steam games updates but nothing actually happens. I went to offline mode, L4D2 decrypts all the way, I try to switch back to online and I still cant get past the scanning, and now I went to offlline mode again and the game is decrypting again...wtf!?

Flib

Man the level design in Dark Carnival is good. Already had some awesome moments, including a memorable tank battle with a chainsaw.

MadraptorMan said:
So the "my games" tab is just telling me it is scanning for steam games updates but nothing actually happens. I went to offline mode, L4D2 decrypts all the way, I try to switch back to online and I still cant get past the scanning, and now I went to offlline mode again and the game is decrypting again...wtf!?

oh hell about to finish decrypt and hope this works

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
A slight workaround for those with the "scanning steam games list" bug. Restart Steam in offline mode. The decryption box should pop-up and start.

I'm not sure what happens after that, as I'm still decrypting.

EDIT: NVM

gifife

Just completed decryption in offline mode, now back in online mode and its decrypting again.
edit: seems the sync process at 100% during offline is the problem

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
awesome!

Now I just have to go to work for 8 hours and then come home and go to a language course for 3 hours then I can come home and be too tired to play then go to work for 8 more hours tomorrow then I can PLAY OH YEAH.

:/

Not that L4D2 is a graphical beast but i'm glad i can run everything on max with 1440x900 resolution and get a locked 60fps <3

Where is my Bat DLC at?

Top Bottom