• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

FrankT

2hnmljs.jpg

:D

Pretty good turn out tonight.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wtf is 'scanning for steam game updates?!'

WHY

WHY IS IT DOING THAT

it told me my disk was 1680002% fragmented just now as well. WTF

MadraptorMan said:
I'm having the same issues, even the defrag one.

WTF is going on!

i got the defrag one then I ended up getting the scanning for updates after it showing me that it was 100% ready... thank you valve.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
err can someone post fixes how they got it working? offline it doesn't launch for me, gives me a warning about not being synced with the cloud then I say play game and it's screwed.

this is balls.

catfish said:
err can someone post fixes how they got it working? offline it doesn't launch for me, gives me a warning about not being synced with the cloud then I say play game and it's screwed.

this is balls.
Same :/. I've been trying for an hour.

catfish said:

this is balls.

same, think the only fix is to wait...patiently...

the ones that really want to play can't. :lol.

Night all. good luck getting the game working. hopefully you guys get to play before i'm awake in 8 hours.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well I googled some stuff and deleted 'clientregistry.blob' and restarted steam. same exact result.

going to go to work and leave it 'scanning'

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
OK mine works now. that 'scanning for updates' thing just took around 20 minutes or something. I did the following after reading this thread though

1. restarted in offline mode and tried to launch game. It said decrypting, and never launched
2. went into steam directory and deleted clientregistry.blob
3. same issue on restart, just left it, ~15 mins

catfish said:
OK mine works now. that 'scanning for updates' thing just took around 20 minutes or something. I did the following after reading this thread though

1. restarted in offline mode and tried to launch game. It said decrypting, and never launched
2. went into steam directory and deleted clientregistry.blob
3. same issue on restart, just left it, ~15 mins

can i restart in online mode or do i have to be offline?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
omg so good! I played through to Dead Centre 2, then my party died on our way to the third floor alarm.

I need to go eat some dinner, I can't wait to play more. The level design is top notch. Great, great, great.

Hey guys, I found an actual fix to the "scanning for steam updates" error.
1. Turn off steam
2. Take the l4d2 folder out of the steamapps directory.
3. Restart steam.
4. Close steam
5. Delete the clientregistry.blob file from the steam directory.
6. Open steam again

After there should be a short download, and the game will work. Also since I had decrypted my files in offline mode, I didnt't have to do it again.

Good god, having to do the car finale in the mall is a bitch! we got slaughtered every time! I am so glad i took a vacation this week. I am so digging into this game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Game is awesome. Beat the first campaign.

Not happy with performance though. Maxed (no vsync), I can often go to 30-40fps on my E6600 @ 3.0GHz and GTX 275 rig. If I enable "multicore rendering", the mouse skips constantly, so I have to turn it off. =\

I play with medium shaders, which mostly ensures 60fps+.

Kritz

Banned
Dear Australians playing via the 510 fix:

Does your server browser pick up games? I'm speaking to Rez who's having trouble with finding games via the server browser, but can connect fine via matchmaking into uncensored games.

Anyone else having this problem?

Twig

Banned
Argh game crashed on the second attempt of the second level of the first campaign. (First was not a dedicated server so we decided to start over.)

Too exhausted to continue. D:

Awesome level so far though.

PillowKnight said:
Hey guys, I found an actual fix to the "scanning for steam updates" error.
1. Turn off steam
2. Take the l4d2 folder out of the steamapps directory.
3. Restart steam.
4. Close steam
5. Delete the clientregistry.blob file from the steam directory.
6. Open steam again

After there should be a short download, and the game will work. Also since I had decrypted my files in offline mode, I didnt't have to do it again.
I just waited on the scanning for steam updates screen for about 10-15 minutes and it started decrypting...

People who claimed this wasn't worthy of a sequel were wrong...

Dead wrong...

Just beat the Mall campaign, and this is seriously the closest "action movie to game" I've ever played. Corner camping is gone, and is now replaced with throwing gas cans off balconies down to your teammates and making mad dashes. All the new weapon and item choices really add a whole new layer too, we were shocked to see that the ammo box uses a healthkit slot... that's gonna be a tough call, but when you here that tank music its nice to set down some incendiary ammo for everyone.

Teknoman

Didnt think we'd get a bat...right off the bat :lol Guess that really is a pre-order bonus weapon via steam as well, since it doesnt count towards melee kill achievement.

EDIT: Did all the australians who recieved the game via an NA account gift get the non-censored version? Just wondering if that panned out.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
well me and my random online crew just got pwned in dark carnival...only one made it out..the last few waves were especialy brutal

Firestorm

Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick
Hey Nick

TheExodu5 said:
Game is awesome. Beat the first campaign.

Not happy with performance though. Maxed (no vsync), I can often go to 30-40fps on my E6600 @ 3.0GHz and GTX 275 rig. If I enable "multicore rendering", the mouse skips constantly, so I have to turn it off. =\

I play with medium shaders, which mostly ensures 60fps+.
Really? I saw no issues... I have multicore rendering on. Q9550 @ 2.83GHz + GTX 275. Triple Buffering, all settings maxed, 16xQ AA, 16x AF. Don't think I fell below 60.

Beat the first campaign. Going to bed. Work x.x

Top Bottom