• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Kritz

Banned
GhostRidah said:
how do you get the server browser again?

Go into options, somewhere under "Game" I believe is the option to enable console.
Type in "openserverbrowser" to open that thing up.
You can bind it to a button by typing "bind F4 openserverbrowser" (I think).

Hope that helps.

Kritz said:
Go into options, somewhere under "Game" I believe is the option to enable console.
Type in "openserverbrowser" to open that thing up.
You can bind it to a button by typing "bind F4 openserverbrowser" (I think).

Hope that helps.
Thanks that helps, I remember there being a way to have the broswer at the start of the game in l4d1 I wonder if you can do that in this one and how.

Volcynika

Ugh, internet crapped out on Dead Carnival 4.

Moment I remember

Gauntlet crescendo in map 3....charger took me all the way along the tracks, off them, then into a wall, and murdered me bad.

Also, wtf at the 4th end crescendo never ending, very confusing. THEN A FUCKING TANK RIGHT OUTSIDE THE SAFE ROOM DURING IT.

Jesus. This game don't play around. But bed.

Fantastic so far, though.

MNC

So, just woke up, have the chance to play for 5 minutes :lol what was the time it was released, 5AM or Valve time?

NEVER MIND IT SEEMS THE GAME WANTS TO CRAP OUT FUCKERS

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Did they have to make it that much harder? I like a challenge, but Dead Centre on advanced might be too much for me and I can rock any L4D1 campaign on adv.
"Go and pick up 13 gas cans!"
Suuure. At least I have a year to get better.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, Advanced Dead Centre gets pretty damn brutal.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Rez said:
yeah, Advanced Dead Centre gets pretty damn brutal.

It doesn't help that the infected are that much smarter. Almost had a triple cap in the hotel and the tank knows how to incap the whole team rather than focus on one guy.

No surprise that the game fucking delivers.

Anyone who's playing the 360 version, I'd dig partying up tomorrow for some Expert runs.

My gamertag is KilgoreTroutt, and I'm usuall on around 7 pm pst.

Just beat Dead Center on normal. Spent an hour and 39 minutes on it. The first chapter is pretty cool, especially going through the smoke and fire filled lower level. The crescendo at the gun shop was pretty awesome, mostly because you have access to all of the firearms in the game pretty much.

The finale... oh man. I don't know if it was just the people I was playing with or not, but it was difficult. First time we did it, it was basically a mad dash. We split up into two man cells and tried it out that way. We got owned. Then we tried to gather all of the gas tanks into one spot and someone accidentally set them all on fire. The third time, we went up to the third floor and got those tanks and threw them down. Then we'd fill up the car. Rinse and repeat for the second and first floor. We managed to complete right before the third tank came. You have to keep moving. Like BuddhaRockster, you can't corner camp. Even in the crescendo for the gunshop, you can't corner camp because you have to get the cola back to the owner.

It also seems that Valve has decided to connect each campaign, which I really like. It was pretty cool when they all introduce themselves in the first level.

Thnikkaman said:
Tell me your secrets... If you please?

Ed: And by that I mean for the finale :p
Not really a spoiler but I'll hide it anyway.

We split up into 2 groups, ran around throwing all the gas tanks down to the 1st floor, getting the final one down the moment the tank arrived. Set tank on fire and cowardly ran away, waiting for him to die. That was about it.

Rahk

Managed to get to the mall, the 3rd map on Dead Center on expert. Good fun. One of my friends had to leave though so we didn't get to finish.

vazel

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
2) Rage quitting without penalty? Check.
Raging sucks but what can they do? It's not like there are overall stats for them to notch a loss to. I suppose they can make it so you go a certain amount of time without playing another game but that hardly seems fair for a game you paid money for.

TP

marvelharvey said:
Not really a spoiler but I'll hide it anyway.

We split up into 2 groups, ran around throwing all the gas tanks down to the 1st floor, getting the final one down the moment the tank arrived. Set tank on fire and cowardly ran away, waiting for him to die. That was about it.

That's probably the best way to do it but I was missing one very important thing
Human teammates, they all left at the finale on advanced. That's way too hard to do by myself, I went though four tanks before it started raining hunters :/

Just hill-billied my way out of the end of Dead Center with two friends and one random, good times were had by all.

There's fewer stages overall (just three stages then the finale), but they're each sooo much longer and the way the crescendo events are designed forcing players to be mobile, rather than just cornering up is going to all make for some interesting multi-player. In the finale alone we were
scrambling around the various levels, tossing down gas cans to the car, shooting swarms of common and special infected. Then trying to cover each other while we run to gather the gas cans and fill the car. It's just so damned hectic.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's going to take a bit of getting used to to effectively use the Charger. it's difficult to get a good charge on a group of Survivors.

oh, and the four characters in the game have really grown on me.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Teknoman said:
Did all the australians who recieved the game via an NA account gift get the non-censored version? Just wondering if that panned out.

I got mine gifted from the UK. Still lots of gore :D

Daigoro

yeah, but did they have the super awesome "OF" in the title?

cant have a title without that. wouldnt be super awesome enough.

So played some of dead center. After playing the demo, I have to say how interesting the narrative structure is, with Nick remarking to the rest of us how he didnt think we looked like we could fight, and instead of yelling out CHARGER! Rochelle called him "that charging thing" and Ellis called him "hillbilly".

Rahk

remz said:
Did the "buy it through a VPN" method work for Australians wanting the game uncensored?
Friends of mine did that to buy a 4 pack and it worked. Just make sure it's the US store.

Chinner

Banned
okay just woked up. anyone want to start the game and play through on advanced mode (preferebly eu - no offensive americans just want good conenctions)??

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm from Aussie-tralia and am up for it. I don't know how my connection will be, but it shouldn't be too bad. I've had good L4D1 games with people from Europe.

Xdrive05

Awesome, awesome game. Played through Dead Center in Expert campaign, then the same maps in VS. During Dead Center 3 VS, on the third floor where the escalators are, a charger ran a survivor THROUGH THE GLASS BARRIER, choke-slamming him three stories down to the floor for an instant-death. It was so completely epic.

Then during the 1st or 2nd map (can't remember which) on the part where a doorway leads out to a road with a dead-end to the right and a van, a charger on my team ran a survivor down the length of the road into the van. When one (1!) other human came to save him, I spawned from behind the van as a jockey and rode her back into the corner where I spawned out of site from all other gunfire. Took her from green health to incap before the other two made the trip down to save them.

The additions add so much more depth and polish.

Chinner

Banned
sweet. first i just need to find out why my steam is getting stuck on "searching for game updates" without actually showing my games : @

steamid is chinner (there are a few, but its the picture with the duck)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
my ID is Rezh, just add that if my invitation isn't coming through. I only get someone with a wile coyote pic.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Someone gifted me the game but it's not showing up in my game list. what am I doing wrong :(

Rahk

VOOK said:
Someone gifted me the game but it's not showing up in my game list. what am I doing wrong :(
Scammed!

Seriously though, I presume you got the pop-up box and an email saying you received a gift?

When you have any problems with Steam, there are three possible solutions:

1) Restart Steam.

2) Restart Steam again.

3) Delete clientregistry.blob and restart Steam.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Chinner said:
sweet. first i just need to find out why my steam is getting stuck on "searching for game updates" without actually showing my games : @

steamid is chinner (there are a few, but its the picture with the duck)

happened to me as well. just wait it out.

I also tried the 'delete clientregistry.blob' and put it in offline mode and try to run the game, nothing worked. then I put it back online and watched the 'searching for game updates' thing. Forgot about it then it just started working.

If any euros want to play, then add me

my steam id is here (I think)
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011763578/home

I don't suck but I'm no L4D expert either. Have a fast connection and a mic.

Daigoro

from the OP:

* Left 4 Dead 1 content may be included in the DVD, so that Xbox players will not have to switch DVDs to play the old content. This might also be true for PC users.

whats the catch here, or is this just straight up bullshit?

Chinner

Banned
Rez said:
my ID is Rezh, just add that if my invitation isn't coming through. I only get someone with a wile coyote pic.
added u.
catfish said:
happened to me as well. just wait it out.

I also tried the 'delete clientregistry.blob' and put it in offline mode and try to run the game, nothing worked. then I put it back online and watched the 'searching for game updates' thing. Forgot about it then it just started working.

If any euros want to play, then add me
i deleted the cilentregistry.blob as well but alas no luck. looks like i'm waiting this out : (

edit: also ur link doesnt work

Top Bottom