• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Songbird

Prodigal Son
VGChampion said:
Are you playing by yourself or with others?

With randomers. I just jump in and get owned repeatedly no matter the team. When 1 launched I completed a campaign on normal, I can't do that now. It's frustrating me, something campaign hasn't done to me before. Common cause of death is a delightful combo of spitter goo and smoker/jockey pulling me into it, last time multiple riot cops attacked while I'm incapped. It's too smart for me.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
dragonlife29 said:
That said, are we going to have a Left 4 Dead 2 XBL thread in the Online forum?

P.S: I probably suck.

No match up thread, I kinda wish we had one since not many people on my FL have the game, but I'll shoot you a request. I'm a late night eastern time player.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Decrypting this as I post, I'm so excited, the fun part is that I was so "I'm not gonna buy L4D2 until it gets a discount" people because I was pissed they announced it so early after the first :lol.

But the demo and info changed my opinion, demo was awesome and 5 campaigns and more randomness in the levels thanks to Director 2.0 sounds hot, and Ellis being awesome helps too.

Can't wait to play :D

Firestorm

Thnikkaman said:
With randomers. I just jump in and get owned repeatedly no matter the team. When 1 launched I completed a campaign on normal, I can't do that now. It's frustrating me, something campaign hasn't done to me before. Common cause of death is a delightful combo of spitter goo and smoker/jockey pulling me into it, last time multiple riot cops attacked while I'm incapped. It's too smart for me.
Play with GAFfers.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/neogaf

Find someone playing. Join Game in Progress or Add to Friends List and set up a game.

Snuggler said:
No match up thread, I kinda wish we had one since not many people on my FL have the game, but I'll shoot you a request. I'm a late night eastern time player.
Awesome. Accepted. I'm from the West...hopefully that doesn't hinder our gaming together. I also have a few other GAFfers on my list that may get the game, so maybe we can all play sometime.

Just for anyone that cares: I connect by modem so no internetz when I'm on LIVE :p Meaning I can't check here to see if you guys say you'll add me, so it's important you tell you're a GAFfer and stuff :p

Going on now.

Zeliard

Fuck, I have absolutely no idea what to play when I get home: this or Assassin's Creed 2.

I guess that's what they call one of them good problems.

Zeliard said:
Fuck, I have absolutely no idea what to play when I get home: this or Assassin's Creed 2.

I guess that's what they call one of them good problems.

Thats my problem im trying to decide which one I should purchase today......

snack

gregor7777 said:
Depends totally on your setup. Can your PC hold a consistent 60 or 30 FPS?

Um here's my specs:

CPU: X3 720 @ 2.8GHz
GPU: ATi 4850
RAM: 2x2GB

I've never ran anything on V-SYNC before and I'm not at home to check right now.

h4k said:
Um here's my specs:

CPU: X3 720 @ 2.8GHz
GPU: ATi 4850
RAM: 2x2GB

I've never ran anything on V-SYNC before and I'm not at home to check right now.

You should be able to pull it off. It basically locks your FPS to 60 (or 30), eliminating tearing and providing a smoother experience (subjective).

Teknoman

I like Rochelle because she doesnt have crazy voice options (Zoey laugh+ scream = no).

Also is there going to be a L4D2 Steam group, or just build off the first group?

1-D_FTW

Versus seems to work after I deleted Steam and reinstalled it.

And, yeah, I just rage quit. Vert's team calls timeout. We're sitting in this room for ten minutes and I get tired of hearing all their team camping our roof while we twiddle our dicks. So I throw some bullets at the spitter. Then while we're still waiting, they launch like 10 more attacks. Really?

LovingSteam said:
So admitting that its only been several hours for most of us, what is the verdict of whether this is better than the original?
I've only two criticisms so far:

-There doesn't seem to be as much dialogue in this compared to L4D1. By the end of my first No Mercy campaign, I felt that I knew the characters. Whereas in 2, I've finished two campaigns so far and their personality traits are still somewhat vague (apart from the redneck who's name escapes me at the moment). Overall, there seems to be less dialogue per minute.
-The game's faster pacing, combined with the randomness of special infected type (no more being sure of 2 hunters, smoke and boomer), means that planning attacks when you're still waiting for the spawn timer to tick down is impossible. This may change over time though, as I'm sure the randomness we see now is probably a set pattern (like before).

Apart from that, the game has improved upon the original in every way possible. Great job Valve.

Tenks

9K5w0.jpg

Dartastic

This probably isn't the best place to ask, but I might as well. I'm using my new MBP to play the game, but Steam isn't detecting my onboard mic. I'm running Windows 7 by dual boot, and the OS itself is catching the mic. Is there anyway to get that working? If not, can I somehow jerryrig my 360's wired headset into my computer?

Malvolio

Loving the game so far, but I still wish there was a play as infected campaign option. My friends and I used the mod on the demo to play that way and it was by far the most fun we've had with L4D. Versus just does not work for us as we prefer to keep things co-op.

vertopci

1-D_FTW said:
Versus seems to work after I deleted Steam and reinstalled it.

And, yeah, I just rage quit. Vert's team calls timeout. We're sitting in this room for ten minutes and I get tired of hearing all their team camping our roof while we twiddle our dicks. So I throw some bullets at the spitter. Then while we're still waiting, they launch like 10 more attacks. Really?

The fuck are you fucking talking about? It was your team who called time out so we waited. Then you fucking come out and start shooting and bringing two of our infected down to half health. The fuck do you want us to do? Continue to let you kill our special infected? Can't believe you were fucking complaining about me being unsportsmanlike or some shit in the fucking L4D1 thread.

Metal Gear?! said:
No Francis
I didn't think I would, but I like these characters much more. They spent a lot of time writing funny one-liners for them. I was playing as Rochelle last night and I picked up an axe for melee usage . . . she said something like "Nice . . . hey . . . go ahead, Axe me a question." :lol

And that Ellis is a hoot.

marvelharvey said:
-There doesn't seem to be as much dialogue in this compared to L4D1. By the end of my first No Mercy campaign, I felt that I knew the characters. Whereas in 2, I've finished two campaigns so far and their personality traits are still somewhat vague (apart from the redneck who's name escapes me at the moment). Overall, there seems to be less dialogue per minute.

Weird . . . I had the opposite reaction.

My game keeps crashing, I get 'left4dead2.exe has stopped working'. I've disabled multi-core as that seemed to work for a friend, but I still get crashes every 30 or so minutes. The only campaign achievement I have is Dark Carnival because the others crashed on me every time :lol .

Zeliard

blackMamba1187 said:
I've had some problems with people not knowing what they're doing in public coop matches. ugh

Maybe I'm just easy-going, but one of my favorite things in the first L4D was having one guy in our group who clearly wasn't at the level as the rest of us, because he basically played that "guy in the group who has no idea what he's doing and goes off and gets himself killed" stock horror movie character by default.

dragonlife29 said:
Yay, I just got it! (360) Time to play :D This is my foray into the series...I hope I love it as much as I think I will.

I really want to play with some GAFfers, though--anyone interested? My GT's dragonlife29. If you do send a request, tell me you're a GAFfer in a following message or I'll deny it (random FRs creep me out).

That said, are we going to have a Left 4 Dead 2 XBL thread in the Online forum?

P.S: I probably suck.
I'll make a meet up thread if no one has yet.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
anyone want to play right now?

dogfish on steam (europe)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Dark Carnival is amazing :D

I rented a server earlier, only £4.50 a month, and if anyone wants to use it then feel free. Either add sv_search_key "ikuu" to your autoexec.cfg or type it into the console before you search for a server and it should find it.

Top Bottom