• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

blackMamba1187 said:
I've had some problems with people not knowing what they're doing in public coop matches. ugh

You're going to see a lot of that, I'm afraid.

Best thing to do is offer help to the new players.

Fireye

DMPrince said:
how do i find non-vac rooms? or turn it off? I want to let my brother play but i don't want him to fuck things up with my account.

This should work, but I'm not home to try it myself.

In console (hit ~), type in "openserverbrowser" (That's close to what it is, I think). Tell him to only join servers that don't have the VAC shield.

On another note, why are you concerned about VAC? Is your brother a hacker of some sort? If you're concerned about him playing from his computer or something, don't be, it shouldn't be an issue as long as you aren't logged in at the same time.

CoLaN

Finally the download speed is reasonable

Can't wait to play. I think i will try versus and realism mode. I don't want to burn the campaigns on easier modes, l4d 1 burned me out way too fast :/

Yackie

Played some last night to get a feel for it. Love it. Going to have to work on some new strategies for sure.

Anyone else miss the old characters? :(

ruxtpin

Banned
Is anyone else here who has it on the 360 having a hard time finding a game without lag? It seems like every game I've jumped into, everyone has 1 red bar. And I know it's not my connection, because I can jump on MW2 (or another game) and play flawlessly.

Dark Carnival is awesome. And the later parts are hard. I was playing on Normal, and the rolling crescendo at the end of the fourth level and the finale together wiped out my team about five times.

I can't even imagine what Expert, Realism, or Expert Realism (oh god what) would be like for some of these. The Parish finale on Expert Realism would take some kind of team of superhumans to complete.

Zeliard

So Dark Carnival = consensus best campaign?

The only other one I've heard even mentioned as a possible competitor to it is Hard Rain.

Red Scarlet

Shake Appeal said:
tunneloflove.jpg

I love this game.

GET YO ASS..INTO THE TUNNEL OF LOVE was the funniest line I can remember from all the campaigns..it just took me so off guard and was ahaha.

Compressing/frapsing all the vids..will try to get some funny moments (and there definitely were some..like a Charger incapping everyone in the safe room at the end of a Hard Rain level, and some suicide/death Chargers as well).

Red Scarlet

:lol I died by a Hunter somewhere else at the house, Botolf got incapped by the Tank? I think, you got pounced in front of the escape, and Mickey had like 4HP left after the Tank hit him onto the vehicle, being the only one to make it. It was a race between the Hunter or Tank doing more damage deciding if we got a win or had to retry..that was so nuts but so, so awesome.

Duki

Banned
ivp failed at d:l4d\src\ivp\ivp_utility\ivu_vhash.cxx 157

halp halp my game keeps crashing with this after we fail the dead center finale once and then restart.

how I fix

maybe its telling me not to suck

And also my God, they really ramped up the difficulty from both L4D1 and this games demo. Constant hordes and stuff on extreme messed with us so hard in Dead Center 3, took us hours and hours.

When we finally did it, we fail the scavenge once, we reload and then it crashes.

Was pretty qq.

Raydeen

Hmmm....

AntiVir gives me...

C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\...ADDONINSTALLER.EXE

Is the TR/CRYPT.CFI.GEN Trojan.

:|

1-D_FTW

Ah, Vert defriended me. I'm the asshole for rage quiting. Here's the story: We're in the middle of a map and his team says the have to take a timeout for a minute. Literally ten minutes later, we're still holed up in this little cabin. And their entire team is camped on the roof waiting for their 1,2,3 attack when they call time-in.

So bored and annoyed at their wanker tactics, I fired a couple shots at the spitter waiting to ambush us. Didn't kill him (Not that it would have mattered if I had. You lose NO points for dying as an infected and they would have spawned back in their ambush spot anyway.)

Anyways, five seconds later they start sending a couple attacks at us. Spitter goo, Boomer bile, jockeys, chargers. One wave ends with typing of WTF and they start up again as soon as they respawn. Vert:" You killed two of our guys. Your team started it." #1) It's a lie. #2) Who gives a shit if it had been true. Only survivors lose points (health) in this situation. We're waiting for their team afterall.

So anyways, after boomer and spitter shit forces everyone out of the shack after another wave, I noticed the jockey has separated Zero and taken him out the back door. I chase after him and finally kill the jockey. Zero runs back to the other side of the house and I stop to once again start typing, WTF is your problem? While I'm typing, standing still for a while, somebody playing charger pummels me into incap while my team is a good 50 yards away. So I quit. I'm the asshole. Okay. Stay classy.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
EmCeeGramr said:
Dark Carnival is awesome. And the later parts are hard. I was playing on Normal, and the rolling crescendo at the end of the fourth level and the finale together wiped out my team about five times.

I can't even imagine what Expert, Realism, or Expert Realism (oh god what) would be like for some of these. The Parish finale on Expert Realism would take some kind of team of superhumans to complete.

I just barely made it through Dead Center with two other guys on normal, and it was a really close call -- they saved my downed ass when they could have gotten into the car which was just filled up and finished it. And if you take into consideration that a tank was on the way then yeah, I was surprised that they rescued me there :lol

Nabs

1-D_FTW said:
Ah, Vert defriended me. I'm the asshole for rage quiting. Here's the story: We're in the middle of a map and his team says the have to take a timeout for a minute. Literally ten minutes later, we're still holed up in this little cabin. And their entire team is camped on the roof waiting for their 1,2,3 attack when they call time-in.

So bored and annoyed at their wanker tactics, I fired a couple shots at the spitter waiting to ambush us. Didn't kill him (Not that it would have mattered if I had. You lose NO points for dying as an infected and they would have spawned back in their ambush spot anyway.)

Anyways, five seconds later they start sending a couple attacks at us. Spitter goo, Boomer bile, jockeys, chargers. One wave ends with typing of WTF and they start up again as soon as they respawn. Vert:" You killed two of our guys. Your team started it." #1) It's a lie. #2) Who gives a shit if it had been true. Only survivors lose points (health) in this situation. We're waiting for their team afterall.

So anyways, after boomer and spitter shit forces everyone out of the shack after another wave, I noticed the jockey has separated Zero and taken him out the back door. I chase after him and finally kill the jockey. Zero runs back to the other side of the house and I stop to once again start typing, WTF is your problem? While I'm typing, standing still for a while, somebody playing charger pummels me into incap while my team is a good 50 yards away. So I quit. I'm the asshole. Okay. Stay classy.

lol. it was your team who called that timeout. we were on the roof waiting to attack when you guys called for time. i was the hunter on the roof that either you or panda killed, so i respawned as a jockey and went after zero :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
1-D_FTW said:
Versus seems to work after I deleted Steam and reinstalled it.

And, yeah, I just rage quit. Vert's team calls timeout. We're sitting in this room for ten minutes and I get tired of hearing all their team camping our roof while we twiddle our dicks. So I throw some bullets at the spitter. Then while we're still waiting, they launch like 10 more attacks. Really?

I'm not gonna lie dude, that was incredibly immature on your part. Your team called timeout because Shadowlink<3 was afk. And it wasn't even a 5 minute wait. You were acting like you were on Xbox live or some shit.

ok there is much love :)

versus is as insane as ever and definetly leans towards survivors not making it i think. there are key points on the map where an infected team should dominate.

theJwac

I'm loving this game but not sure how I feel about the scoring system in versus. I'll have to play for a week or two before I have a better idea of what I like/dislike.

1-D_FTW

Oh, noes. I'm not familiar with some guys I've never played against. One anonymous name blended into another.

Maybe by the chatter of your team saying you don't wanna know what he's doing, led me to believe you were talking about your own teammate.

Doesn't change the fact nobody said, Ready? Like everyone always does? Or we were just sitting in the cabin typing to your team to knock it off and you guys kept coming in waves anyway. Didn't get a clue there?

EDIT: Stallionfree banana riding the great master? Shocking. And I have a clock right in front of me and was rushed. It was at the very minimum 8 minutes.

theJwac said:
I'm loving this game but not sure how I feel about the scoring system in versus. I'll have to play for a week or two before I have a better idea of what I like/dislike.

i love that. far more emphasis on how far you went yeah you get a bonus for surviving but the distance is what matters which is more important to me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
1-D_FTW said:
Oh, noes. I'm not familiar with some guys I've never played against. One anonymous name blended into another.

Maybe by the chatter of your team saying you don't wanna know what he's doing, led me to believe you were talking about your own teammate.

Doesn't change the fact nobody said, Ready? Like everyone always does? Or we were just sitting in the cabin typing to your team to knock it off and you guys kept coming in waves anyway. Didn't get a clue there?

We made no attacks until you started shooting at us. Nobody said "ready" because Shadowlink (Your Teammate) hadn't come back. However if you are going to start shooting us, we aren't going to just sit there and take it.

ruxtpin said:
Is anyone else here who has it on the 360 having a hard time finding a game without lag? It seems like every game I've jumped into, everyone has 1 red bar. And I know it's not my connection, because I can jump on MW2 (or another game) and play flawlessly.

I've been getting tons of lag playing with someone in the same house as me. Something is messed up.

Raydeen said:
Hmmm....

AntiVir gives me...

C:\PROGRAM FILES\STEAM\STEAMAPPS\COMMON\...ADDONINSTALLER.EXE

Is the TR/CRYPT.CFI.GEN Trojan.

:|

A couple of us got that a few days ago. I believe it's safe to ignore.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
This thread just gets better and better :lol

And sign me up as the number one fan of Dark Carnival's finale, awesome awesome.

Coach singing in the mic is :lol

Plasma

Banned
Been playing all day, gone through all the campaigns, done one level on versus and played a bunch of scavenger just now.

Game is so much better than the original much more varied and it seems faster paced, or at least it does in versus.

Was expecting scavenger to be just some tacked on mode like what survival felt like but it turned out to be really fun, shame there are only about five maps for it but I'd imagine they'll be quite a few custom maps for this one because it isn't like you have to map out a whole campaign.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
just had a fun game with Chinner and REZ, was good. I was pretty noobish though, forgot to take the health pack at the start of the game and spent the rest of the game falling off a roof and incap-ing myself. :lol

Shot a lot of zombies though, I'll play more for sure.

Games are quite long!

Amir0x

Banned
Left 4 Dead 2 is SO FUCKING AMAZING.

Random thoughts Part I:

A.) Scavenger mode is so amazing, it will definitely be part of my permanent playlist. Initial challengers are kinda easy; we scooped up achievements: pick up fifteen gas cans, prevent other team from getting one gas can, all of us were getting all Ride a person for 12 seconds, ride person into acid spit and ride two people on the same turn the other teams were so weak tonight. Guess that's the opening spirit, hooray!

B.) Holy FUCK at Official Dedicated Server lag tonight. You'd think VALVE would have anticipated the influx, jesus CHRIST. Good thing there's a new HOST option (360, fuck you PC dudes :()

C.) Expert Mode is a billion times infinity harder than the Expert mode in Left 4 Dead 1. We're going to have to really, really try to beat them now. :lol

D.) HOLY FUCK THIS GAME IS AMAZING JESUS CHRIST

Omikron

What are peoples thoughts on the difficulty??

Normal certainly seems beefed up (what I was playing last night as first run through), not sure why this is the case, perhaps just due to the number of zombies? (Myself and friends would easily fly through L4D1 campaigns on expert...)

Other than that, pretty much every aspect of L4D1 has been improved upon in this game... so. much. fun.

can't even enjoy the game. niece wants to take a shit people calling me on the phone. stupid people asking me if there is shampoo in the house. wtf man. WTF.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any way to delete the demo from my Steam games list? It's uninstalled, and SEEMS to still be giving me the option to install it, but I can't remove it. Maybe if I hunt around for more leftover files in my Steam directory?

Shake Appeal said:
It's better than the original in almost every way.

Actually, it's probably better than the original in every way.
I still like the old survivors better aside from Coach, but maybe the full campaigns make everyone lovable.

Omikron

Blizzard said:
Is there any way to delete the demo from my Steam games list? It's uninstalled, and SEEMS to still be giving me the option to install it, but I can't remove it. Maybe if I hunt around for more leftover files in my Steam directory?

Restart steam?

Mine seemed to drop off the face of the planet when I restarted after decrypting L4D2...

Although point of note, people should go to their steamapps directory and delete the local content if they want to save some disk space as steam dosen't do this :D

kamspy

Thoughts after one and a half campaigns.

+ Fresh chatter
+ much better gun models
+ melee weaponry
+ meless weaponry
yes I wrote it twice
+ throwing puke on a tank
+ N'awlins vibe.
+ N'awlins twang on the familiar tunes.

- Not enough N'awlins vibe yet.
- Dead Center seems a lot like the Hospital campaign in L4D1, just going downstairs instead of upstairs. I'd hoped I'd seen my last door ridden hallway in L4D. :/
- My best L4D buddy is in the moving process and has no Steam access. :eek:

=Fuckin Valve. Great shit. Might even double dip for 360 to play with my domestic light beer drinking console bro's.

Top Bottom