• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

vanty

Malvolio said:
I don't suppose anyone knows if getting the players voices to play through my USB headset while keeping the in game audio through my speakers is possible. I never found a way to fix that in L4D and I assume it's a Steam failing, but it can't hurt to ask.
I don't think any PC games will allow you to do that. Perhaps some GFW titles might be able to since they're trying to be Xbox-style, but I've never played a PC game that let you set multiple sound outputs for different things.

epmode

You could probably get that to work with Ventrilo but that's obviously not going to use the game's official voice channel.

Sibylus

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
And then it fucked up on us!!!
Yea, weird bug, but I was talking about a later run with Bulleta and some others (we had to suicide on one map because Chompski got stuck under the stairs).

:smug:

Twig

Banned
Botolf said:
Yea, weird bug, but I was talking about a later run with Bulleta and some others (we had to suicide on one map because Chompski got stuck under the stairs).

OH SURE JUST PRETEND LIKE WE NEVER DID IT IT'S OKAY

EDIT: I wanna play who wants to play with me.

Sanjay

h4k said:
I'm so bad at being the Tank. Anyone wanna give me a tip or two?

Heres some advice, avoid getting hit by melee weapons, they are brutal and more powerful then guns if a team of 4 get you close range, shit was brutal!

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Botolf said:

Yeah, you got to be really careful where you put Chompski down. I took it at one point to try to run it form the end of the roller coaster crescendo to the safe house. I dropped it to shoot some zombies, and it fell through the platform. :\

Concept17

K2Valor said:
Friends were over today, played some split-screen Dark Carnival. On Normal.

HOLY shit at the second to last act. The very last part. Where you have to push through all the zombies. How is that even possible? We had to go down to easy, and even that was hard.

wow you must be terrible
;)

I find melee to be useful, or if you happen to find a chainsaw, save it for that part.

NIGHT-

Concept17 said:
wow you must be terrible
;)

I find melee to be useful, or if you happen to find a chainsaw, save it for that part.

Chainsaw saved me on that part while I was doing the Gnome achievement :lol

Ok this is starting to bother me and no amount of messing around with the router, no matter how fun that is, is getting me any closer to solving the problem. When i tried going through the option of finding a game on a "steam group server" i would get no games found in L4D1, the demon for L4D2 and now L4D2 it self. I just used the serverbrowser for L4D1 and the demo. But now even the server browser is not returning me anything when i use it in L4D2.

K2Valor said:
Friends were over today, played some split-screen Dark Carnival. On Normal.

HOLY shit at the second to last act. The very last part. Where you have to push through all the zombies. How is that even possible? We had to go down to easy, and even that was hard.

Be sure to post back when you try to do a run though on the finale of the Parish.

Sanjay said:
Heres some advice, avoid getting hit by melee weapons, they are brutal and more powerful then guns if a team of 4 get you close range, shit was brutal!
Oh indeed, 400 damage points per melee! Tank goes down in ten swipes!

kai3345

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
Has anybody on the 360 version with a BT home hub been having the game actually disconnect their internet connection/reset their router?
Yeah. Pisses me off, but it seems to have stopped for the most part.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
d0c_zaius said:
is there one weapon upgrade per chapter?

I lost my laser sight and missed it the entire rest of the level :(
I think that's up to the director, although I'm fairly sure, in Dead Centre at least, they only appear once per campaign.

God-fucking-dammit.

I did Dead Centre for the use-no-gun Achievement and fucking kicked ass with the axe...only to get incapped by a Spitter and pressing RT as I fell, using a pistol I DIDN'T EVEN GET. Fucking pissed me off because I was throwing gas canisters down and finished maybe two minutes after the fact =/

TP

dragonlife29 said:
God-fucking-dammit.

I did Dead Centre for the use-no-gun Achievement and fucking kicked ass with the axe...only to get incapped by a Spitter and pressing RT as I fell, using a pistol I DIDN'T EVEN GET. Fucking pissed me off because I was throwing gas canisters down and finished maybe two minutes after the fact =/

Even if you did get the achievement it would have probably been wiped

=(

Red Scarlet

I think we used too much stuff up anyway. I should've just killed Gamble..I think he was b&w at the start of level 2.

Well, I'll gladly try it again sometime.

Red Scarlet said:
I think we used too much stuff up anyway. I should've just killed Gamble..I think he was b&w at the start of level 2.

Well, I'll gladly try it again sometime.
Yeah. We kept getting to the panic event fine, and then random shit would kill us before we could even hit the button. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
OH GOD SWAMP FEVER WAS HARD

3 hours 26 mins for my party. The part in the finale when TWO TANKS AT ONCE OMG WTFBBQAGHJHHH. Must've died a ton of time. I realized the thing that sucks about the campaigns being looooong is you play 3 hours+ and you have 1 opportunity to make it out of the finale together if you want the achievement for surviving the campaign. One my friends died while two ran for the boat so I went back to save him so he could get the achievement two. Then TANKS KEPT COMING ONE AFTER ANOTHER AHHHHH and I died and we both didn't get it :(

Game is awesome, but game is SO MUCH HARDER than the first game. I think we had a pretty good team going but it's taking us about 3 hours a campaign on advanced.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Last night I was in a game and just to have a little fun, I gun it to the heli on the bridge instead of waiting for the others (the best way is to really run, not stop and shoot shit anyways).

By the time I made it to the heli, the others were just barely halfway across. I ended up waiting a good amount of time there when the second tank shows up. I run circles around the heli to avoid him, but he incaps me. Two of my group get incapped by the other tank, but one manages to get to me. I thought he was going to leave me ass, but helped me up and we both escaped. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Left 4 Dead 2 is fucking great. Probably my GOTY.
I've been playing it almost all day, my most intense scenario of the night was my man vs. tank battle. I was on the part of Hard Rain where we climb the open building up the elevator, my teammates are fighting off the hoard and all of a sudden a goddamn tank pops out, so I rush that fucker with my fireaxe and strafe around him while slashing, dodging his attacks and just tearing him up, I got about 90% of his health whittled down but then he punches me off the side of the building, I fell so far that I died instantly. It was awesome, I felt like such a hero.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So how will you rank the campaigns from best to worst?

For me, it's Dark Carnival > Hard Rain > The Parish > Dead Center > Swamp Fever.

Though sometimes Hard Rain makes me love it more.

Ookami-kun said:
So how will you rank the campaigns from best to worst?

For me, it's Dark Carnival > Hard Rain > The Parish > Dead Center > Swamp Fever.

Though sometimes Hard Rain makes me love it more.
My list is the same as yours, maybe swap Dead Center with Swamp Fever, I need to play a versus game on Swamp Fever to decide.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I dunno. I thought Swamp Fever was relatively boring and too plain. As someone said, you've seen one rural/woods, you've seen 'em all. At least Dead Center was a bit more varied.

Sibylus

Banned
To the guy who said that L4D2 Expert is easier than L4D1, my team and I spent around an hour slugging through the mall, wiping on several occasions. On one golden run we made it past a Tank, the constant hordes, and through the crescendo. It was nothing short of an absolute marathon, with multiple team members going gray and stretching health packs as far as they would go. We moved into the next area, the smell of saferoom and triumph wafting in our noses. Well, the AI Director then decided to drop two Chargers, a Jockey, and a walking witch in the room before us.

Game over.

K2Valor said:
Smart grenade usage and an absolutely brutal melee weapon bloodbath. Protect the Gnome-carrier!

We got destroyed on The Parish yesterday on Advanced Realism. Earlier in the day we'd gone through Hard Rain with just one restart, but The Parish pummeled us. First three maps were absolutely fine, but then the fourth map was rapetown, over and over, until people started dropping out, which just made it worse... couldn't understand why it was so brutal.

Gonna give Expert Realism a shot soon.

Botolf said:
To the guy who said that L4D2 Expert is easier than L4D1, my team and I spent around an hour slugging through the mall, wiping on several occasions. On one golden run we made it past a Tank, the constant hordes, and through the crescendo. It was nothing short of an absolute marathon, with multiple team members going gray and stretching health packs as far as they would go. We moved into the next area, the smell of saferoom and triumph wafting in our noses. Well, the AI Director then decided to drop two Chargers, a Jockey, and a walking witch in the room before us.

Game over.
Yeah, the third stage of Dead Center seems insanely difficult on Expert if you luck out on the items the Director spawns or if you already have relatively poor health before even leaving the saferoom. Also currently not sure whether or not it's better to slowly move ahead as soon as you hear a dangerous Special Infected (like a Charger or two) or rush ahead in groups of two so that the constant hordes don't get as many chances to grind your health down.

Oh and you'd better hope the Director doesn't spawn a Tank in the hallway of no return, otherwise known as the one right before the crescendo event.

Slavik81

Botolf said:

Game over.
I don't know about you, but I had similar experiences in Left4Dead 1.

That said, I've never failed as hard as on The Parish's finale...

Slavik81 said:
I don't know about you, but I had similar experiences in Left4Dead 1.

That said, I've never failed as hard as on The Parish's finale...
Left 4 Dead 1 on Expert only got hard during the finale events imo. Everything else was rather manageable if you stuck together (moreso if your group already knew the maps beforehand) whereas so far in Left 4 Dead 2 there seem to be numerous events prior to the finale that are just as or even more difficult than the last stage of any given campaign. Dead Center's third level in particular stands out to me for example (as that's the only campaign I've tried on Expert so far), or even the second stage if things didn't go smoothly during the campaign's opening level.

Thought I'd post this here too BTW for the new page, in case anyone missed it in the hi-res artwork thread:

MicVlaD said:
Left 4 Dead 2:

Measurements:
● 3000 x 3838
● 12600 x 9000
● 4314 x 1500
● 3600 x 1600
● 3600 x 1600
● 3600 x 1600
● 3600 x 1600

Don't have larger versions of the other posters before anyone asks.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
The Spitter is by far the best Infected in Versus. Cornering and chokepoints are no longer safe haven's. All beware the green goo.

Top Bottom