• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
kai3345 said:
I'm playing it. But yeah, its a bummer, all my friends are waiting till christmas to get it.

Alot of my friends are waiting for Black Friday sales.

I have it on 360, I really am digging it.

Tim-E

I'll be at work until around 11 (EST), but if anyone wants to play some versus or just a campaign tonight add me on Steam. My Steam ID is "PYT"

Keep in mind, I am trying to re-get used to versus because it's been months since I've played it regularly and I'm trying to get used to the maps and all this new shit. So I suck. :lol

darkpaladinmfc said:
Just had some awesome games with Revolutionary. So many ragequits :lol .
I know this is a super late response, but yeah... was just skimming through the thread and saw this.
Yes, those were awesome games, indeed. :lol

I tend to think I'm pretty good at this game but the GAF L4D nerds (you know who you are!) make me feel like a scrub when/if I fuck up... which is why I don't play too many GAF games. :\
That, and there's always the "zomg what a cheap tactic" complaints (running back to fight a Tank in a safe area is cheap? Annoying for the Infected, sure, but cheap altogether?), etc...

Revolutionary said:
I know this is a super late response, but yeah... was just skimming through the thread and saw this.
Yes, those were awesome games, indeed. :lol

I tend to think I'm pretty good at this game but the GAF L4D nerds (you know who you are!) make me feel like a scrub when/if I fuck up... which is why I don't play too many GAF games. :\That, and there's always the "zomg what a cheap tactic" complaints (running back to fight a Tank in a safe area is cheap? Annoying for the Infected, sure, but cheap altogether?), etc...

None of the GAF games I've ever played in had people like that. I think you're playing with the wrong crowd.

fallout said:
Yeah, this is how I did L4D1. I never really enjoyed expert in L4D1, but I could still contribute. Unfortunately, we're now Week 2 into L4D2 and everyone is doing nothing but advanced and expert, and I find the game to be much harder. And it's not really the challenge factor that I find frustrating. I don't mind a challenge, but I feel completely useless playing this game and it's really not very entertaining when you're consistently bringing down the whole team.

We've played together several times now and in all of the games we've played we all sucked. It's not just you lol.

syllogism

Phew, did dead center on expert/realism but unfortunately didn't get the achievement due to a crash. At least I'll know how to beat it next time.

Red Scarlet

fallout said:
:lol That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me.

It's a personal achievement for me when I don't have the most friendly fire in a game. 9+/10 times it's me. You weren't bringing the group down, I just wondered what happened at the coaster. :lol

lolroom was on expert.

1-D_FTW

Red Scarlet said:
It's a personal achievement for me when I don't have the most friendly fire in a game. 9+/10 times it's me. You weren't bringing the group down, I just wondered what happened at the coaster. :lol

lolroom was on expert.

:lol I always dread the stats at the end. I always feel I'm gonna "win" that category.

Twig

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
I've somehow managed to almost always win that category in L4D2. But in 1 I was notorious. ):

Brainboy

Shake Appeal said:
Edit: also, the way it dips the in-game voice during a storm so you can barely hear each other is genius.

Oh yes. It definitely added to the panic that usually overcomes me during L4D anyway. :lol

Firestorm

Red Scarlet said:

lolroom was on expert.
You and I should play. I bet I can beat you.

vertopci

Valve better fix that fucking bullshit charger clipping a survivor into the wall bullshit. So annoying when it happens 5 times a game.

MNC

RocketDarkness said:
Ah, but you see, he was taking a jab at the 360's terrible graphics in claiming the video was actually Left 4 Dead 2, since it has similar locations as the campaign being discussed. As an added bit of humor, were you aware that video features a game called Half Life, which was made by the SAME company that made Left 4 Dead 2? They're known as Valve!

:lol
Shit, I totally took out the aspect of the fact They Hunger has zombies :lol :lol 10000-0 against me :D

As I was driving home last night, there was a thick fog and I could barely even see 25 ft. ahead of me, and that's when I thought that it would be awesome if valve made a campaign where there's thick fog in some places, kind of like hard rain but not only temporary limited visibility.

Zzoram

Is the demo still up on PC? My friend said he started downloading it today and it's almost done. I would hope that they don't allow you to download a demo that doesn't work.

Red Scarlet

Probably won't find a server for it if it's like 1. Or he'll get a 'get the full game instead' when trying to click on it if it doesn't work anymore.

g0atcheese

Neo Member
My friend and I were playing a game of offline co-op yesterday and encountered 9 witches in just one leg of Hard Rain, it was ridiculous.

Slavik81

g0atcheese said:
My friend and I were playing a game of offline co-op yesterday and encountered 9 witches in just one leg of Hard Rain, it was ridiculous.
The sugar factory? Yeah, there's a big warning sign draped across the front that says "Stay out! Witches!" or something like that.

Zzoram

Red Scarlet said:
Probably won't find a server for it if it's like 1. Or he'll get a 'get the full game instead' when trying to click on it if it doesn't work anymore.

I think he did a local host with his brother and that worked.

Red Scarlet

Zzoram said:
I think he did a local host with his brother and that worked.

Can't say I tried with 2, but for 1 it wouldn't go into the game and just told you to buy the game, but I hadn't clicked on it for about 50 weeks.

Red Scarlet

So how does vs work now? In 1 you had the distance score (max 100) + health bonus (max 200) multiplied by the # of survivors (1-4) then multiplied by the map 'difficulty' bonus (x1-x2)..but now I hear it's more about distance..how much is distance worth now? And health? And is there still a survivor multiplier and map difficulty one?

vertopci

The vs scoring is even worse than in L4D1. Basically you get points for distance. Then you get 25 points for every survivors that makes it to the saferoom. Then if both teams make it to saferoom with same number of survivors, the side with more incaps gets 25 more points.

It's practically the L4D1 scoring system minus the HP bonus. aka total shit

Volcynika

vertopci said:
The vs scoring is even worse than in L4D1. Basically you get points for distance. Then you get 25 points for every survivors that makes it to the saferoom. Then if both teams make it to saferoom with same number of survivors, the side with more incaps gets 25 more points.

You hated the HP bonus in the first, now it's gone....and you hate it still?

:?

Frusmod 2.0 to remove survivors confirmed.

vertopci

Volcynika said:
You hated the HP bonus in the first, now it's gone....and you hate it still?

:?

Frusmod 2.0 to remove survivors confirmed.

I didn't hate it. I hated how it worked with giving a team so many points for just having a kit All they had to do to fix it was lower the amount of points given per HP and kit.

And with frusmod the HP bonus worked perfectly! So with frusmod I loved the HP bonus!

Ugg, my achievements and stats are wiped again? :lol

Has Valve made any sort of statement about all this? My time with the game has been great, but I do sort of like these stats Valve.

A strongly worded email is headed to Gabe here soon. Strongly worded.

Rahk

vertopci said:

I don't understand why this is a bad thing.

Top Bottom