• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Slavik81

Red Scarlet said:
I decided to listen to Rochelle and Coach's sound folders last night, and Rochelle has some pretty funny lines, so I like her more. But I did see at l4dnao that they're already working on/finishing a mod to have Zoey in instead.
I think she's awesome too... but she also has the most annoying scream in the world when she goes down.

Blizzard

Banned
:lol I've heard Rochelle has some horrible screams too.

In L4D1, I would just announce over voicechat that I wouldn't be healing, saving, or reviving the player if they kept spamming the Zoey deathscream. Typically they would be nice enough and quit at that point. :lol

Okay guys, we have one more slot open for L4D.

Add me on steam to join:

xpedyte

EDIT: We've decided to open it up to Versus, so 5 more people can join in. We have 3 right now.

Valve said:
We are aware of the issue with this game crashing to desktop with no error messages or dump files. This error can occur on start up or during game play. It has been reported that certain events can trigger the crash such as friendly fire or killing a witch. We will be pushing out a fix soon for this issue.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034962

They need to hurry up. This is annoying as fuck. I can get about half of my scavenge games in, and I crash with virtually every vs/campaign game I play.

Before it would spit out some cryptic error, now it just dies silently.

Killing a witch or friendly fire? WTF. Or fucking getting the achievement for getting all 16 cans crashes it without fail. :lol

Sibylus

Banned
gregor7777 said:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1034962

They need to hurry up. This is annoying as fuck. I can get about half of my scavenge games in, and I crash with virtually every vs/campaign game I play.

Before it would spit out some cryptic error, now it just dies silently.

Killing a witch or friendly fire? WTF. Or fucking getting the achievement for getting all 16 cans crashes it without fail. :lol
Yea, that silent crash is my main error at the moment. Can make Scavenge... challenging :(

commissar

If it's silent crashing regularly, why don't you set up windows debugging for l4d2 & send them the windows minidump? Every bit counts :]

Ugh @ there being a way to corner camp in the Dark Carnival finale. So lame. I thought that was what the spitter was made for? What's the point if it spawns us all the way across the map because they're too close to the other spawn? And then when the said Spitter even gets within range, it can be spotted from a mile away and sniped.
GG Valve. :|

Man, being a Charger and getting stuck on something that should be insignificant, or some weird collision box on a house or car, is totally lame

Red Scarlet

Ookami-kun said:
The 16 player thing has been existent since the demo.

What does suck the heads mean, anyway?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawfish

Another favourite is to suck the head of the crayfish, as seasoning and flavour can collect in the fat of the boiled interior. A popular double entendre laden phrase heard around crawfish season in Louisiana derives from this practice: "Suck the head, pinch the tail".

A lot of the time, I play when no one else is playing. I really should add people in Steam then, since there seems to be a lot of people here who play. Now I just need a working headset.

Red Scarlet

Jet Grind Radio! said:
A lot of the time, I play when no one else is playing. I really should add people in Steam then, since there seems to be a lot of people here who play. Now I just need a working headset.

go go go

Majora

syllogism said:
Wait, is it true that on 360 you can earn points in VS by incapping survivors and there's no tie breaker at all?

Yeah, you earn 10 points for each survivor you incap as the infected. So if you incapped them 9 times in a round you get 9x10=90 points. I guess it's to try and differentiate between a team reaching the safehouse comfortably and one getting there crappily. Still flawed though.

epmode

NIGHT- said:
How? btw who the fuck drags there computer from there computer room to there tv back and forth?
Seriously? Comfycouchcomfycouch

BTW, the PC version of L4D2 doesn't actually have split-screen support so I guess consoles win!

edit: Guess I was wrong. I heard that split-screen was taken out of 2.

MutFox

Banned
NIGHT- said:
\

so basically you have no real answer... Like I said the console version is superior for me with split screen :D

Hey just because you can't use google and want to stay ignorant doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :p

Plus, usually when i explain these things to console people,
they say it's too complex for their brains, and they'd rather stay casual.

NIGHT-

MutFox said:
Hey just because you can't use google and want to stay ignorant doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :p

Plus, usually when i explain these things to console people,
they say it's too complex for their brains, and they'd rather stay casual.

Console people? I've been PC gaming since Quake and Doom :lol . Not to mention the game that got most of my gaming time overall is in my avatar :D. Of course most of this gen has went to console gaming

I just want a simple answer.

Top Bottom