• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left 4 Dead 2 |OT| The South Rises Again

Red Scarlet

I've done about 2 decent charges, but I've only played vs 2.5 times now. I pretty much whiff horribly 80% of the time with the guy. Need practice.

Red Scarlet said:
I've done about 2 decent charges, but I've only played vs 2.5 times now. I pretty much whiff horribly 80% of the time with the guy. Need practice.

problem with the charger is that he is noisier then the boomer! his spawning noise is so damn loud the entire team knows where you are so it usually has to be spawn and charge in the same breath or you lose a lot of potential.

Red Scarlet

Only time I seem to hit is with a quick attack yeah. Every time (sure, it's only 2) I try a long distance one, like on deadc3 after the glass, they just glide out of the way and I bonk my head on something. :lol

I was surprised to get the 'strength in numbers' thing, so it looks like you can join a friend's game and get it if you win; I joined the game on map 3 and 3 of us got it.

nilbog21

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
You mean like the dialogue tree of Wait/Let's Go? It's a mystery why those directions don't apply to the bots.

Seriously wtf o_o
I wish my char could just say "COME HERE" b/c so many fucking times clueless newbies run around and dont pick up guns/ammo/kits/pills, such a waste -_-

"GET THE FUCK OVER HERE" would work nicely :/

Red Scarlet said:
Only time I seem to hit is with a quick attack yeah. Every time (sure, it's only 2) I try a long distance one, like on deadc3 after the glass, they just glide out of the way and I bonk my head on something. :lol

I was surprised to get the 'strength in numbers' thing, so it looks like you can join a friend's game and get it if you win; I joined the game on map 3 and 3 of us got it.

yeah i am coming to the conclusion with the charger if you dont treat him like a boomer (ie stealthy quick hits) then you really are going to have big problems.

the other thing is how good he is with just his swipe! its really powerful and i think it hits multiple people (can anyone confirm that?) im wondering if its worth just meleeing a boomed party instead of charging.

Smash88

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Not that I can see, which sucks since I used that a lot for "no items in here". Now I just say "no" and hope that my teammates understand that's what I'm talking about.

Got a death charge on deadc finale, was kind of satisfying doing what happened to me my first time. Hit them all too, somehow. They were really split up and one guy duped me into spawning but I still got them!

scatteringram.gif

Damn, about 1 foot farther on Rochelle and it would've been a team wipe.

Me and my buddies have this great system working with the charger + jockey. Watch what the jockey does. ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_VLJyjI7bk

MNC

nilbog21 said:
Seriously wtf o_o
I wish my char could just say "COME HERE" b/c so many fucking times clueless newbies run around and dont pick up guns/ammo/kits/pills, such a waste -_-

"GET THE FUCK OVER HERE" would work nicely :/
I just spam LOOK so I shout out PILLS HERE or WEAPONS or whatever.

Salmonax

On the subject of vocalizations, does Rochelle not have any cue for spotting a molotov? She always says something generic like "check this shit out" for me.

Nabs

press Z or X to bring up a list of commands. Z is probably the one you're looking for.

Salmonax said:
On the subject of vocalizations, does Rochelle not have any cue for spotting a molotov? She always says something generic like "check this shit out" for me.

she has "Molotov!" "Fire time..." and a few others

Red Scarlet

She does that for me too, but eventually mentions a molotov. Kind of annoying they haven't fixed spotammo, silly that I need a bind to have the character say 'ammo here' instead of 'weapons!' when they see ammo.

Salmonax

Red Scarlet said:
She does that for me too, but eventually mentions a molotov. Kind of annoying they haven't fixed spotammo, silly that I need a bind to have the character say 'ammo here' instead of 'weapons!' when they see ammo.
Right - that's another weird thing. I use the contextual "look" a lot, and it's really pretty wonky in L4D2. I guess maybe they need to patch this stuff.

Blue Geezer said:
yeah i am coming to the conclusion with the charger if you dont treat him like a boomer (ie stealthy quick hits) then you really are going to have big problems.

the other thing is how good he is with just his swipe! its really powerful and i think it hits multiple people (can anyone confirm that?) im wondering if its worth just meleeing a boomed party instead of charging.
I usually try and run in and punch them when I can and once someone notices me, I charge them.

DarkKyo

Ok, how the heck did he do that sweet overview of the map for the youtube vid? Is there some kinda way to take replays of L4D2? Oh for the love of god someone fill me in on this!

Blizzard

Banned
Dechaios said:
Ok, how the heck did he do that sweet overview of the map for the youtube vid? Is there some kinda way to take replays of L4D2? Oh for the love of god someone fill me in on this!
From what I understand, you can record demos via some magical option, but Valve will probably sense that you have recorded a demo and update L4D2 a day or two later. Each time they update the game, all demos that you have recorded stop working, so you need to Fraps/convert/whatever them as soon as possible.

Omikron

For those that want to do fly around when they are dead in game... there is an option in the menus to allow it. (PC Version is all I know about though mind you!)...

Its quite good, if a little sensitive :D

Daigoro

finished 2 more campains on expert this morning, Hard Rain and Swamp Fever. only have Carnival and Parish left to do. then its on to realism. :eek:

ive been having great luck with pub teams lately. it usually been me, two other capable players and then some straggler that we have to watch out for. got about a good 6 capable expert level players on my friend list in the last week or so.

so glad i picked this up on release day. ive really been having a blast playing it.

Smash88

Banned
Red Scarlet said:
Damn, you knocked off 2 + smashed the original one. That's awesome. And that Jockey jump is sweet. Maybe I should watch the whole thing before replying to the first 2 bits.

Ok that last one was :lol :lol .

The jockey at the end + the two A.I. I knocked off with the same animation in the same spot killed everyone on my team. Good times. :lol

Dechaios said:

My buddy made it. I'll ask him and tell you after.

Sibylus

Banned
Still Something To Prove get! Aw yeah! :D

The Parish finale on expert was tough, only Scarlet and I made it. Tons of close calls.

dLMN8R

Is anyone else getting major stuttering? It's annoying the hell out of me, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it's there >:-(

vertopci

Botolf said:
Vague discussion point, but oh well. Mind expanding on that?

They are the exact same as the L4D1 events only with an annoying sound playing in the background. a.k.a they aren't new at all

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
haha I tried to play scavenge last night and dropped in mid game, survived the round as survivor then on infected some dude starts getting pissy right away cause I missed with a hunter and got killed.

Then I boom the 2 guys at the car, get around 50 damage out of it at this point the most on the team,

Then I'm charger and I miss a charge on the car guy, this bitch goes 'CMON DOGFISH ERRRR' calls a vote and I'm outta there.

WTF people, like the bots are better. :lol I hate charger, I always miss then run across half the level in to a wall :(

still after that I just went to campaign and got wing and a prayer achieve on the swap :D

Sibylus

Banned
vertopci said:
They are the exact same as the L4D1 events only with an annoying sound playing in the background. a.k.a they aren't new at all
Oh. A lot of them are traditional crescendoes, that's true, but there are also the newer, unending kinds. From playing on Coop, even the traditional style events are harder (in large part thanks to the new SI and "wider" levels).

catfish said:
haha I tried to play scavenge last night and dropped in mid game, survived the round as survivor then on infected some dude starts getting pissy right away cause I missed with a hunter and got killed.

Then I boom the 2 guys at the car, get around 50 damage out of it at this point the most on the team,

Then I'm charger and I miss a charge on the car guy, this bitch goes 'CMON DOGFISH ERRRR' calls a vote and I'm outta there.

WTF people, like the bots are better. :lol I hate charger, I always miss then run across half the level in to a wall :(

still after that I just went to campaign and got wing and a prayer achieve on the swap :D

They kicked three people on their team during that game. They were losing, but the scores were rather even. I guess they really wanted to win and didn't trust any newcomers :p

vertopci

Botolf said:
Oh. A lot of them are traditional crescendoes, that's true, but there are also the newer, unending kinds. From playing on Coop, even the traditional style events are harder (in large part thanks to the new SI and "wider" levels).

Except they do end.

Rez said:
worst post of the thread

Thanks, but it doesn't change the fact the events fail hard. Especially in vs.

vertopci

Botolf said:
You were wrong about Dead Center 3, friend. Smaller hordes yes, ends on its own, no.

Not much of a horde if one person can take them out in a couple seconds :/

Not to mention the small ass horde only comes every 30 to 45 seconds. It might as well have ended on it's own.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
OmegaDragon said:
They kicked three people on their team during that game. They were losing, but the scores were rather even. I guess they really wanted to win and didn't trust any newcomers :p
yeah man the guy doing the kicking was REALLY whiney. I had the highest score after I boomed a couple guys by the car and as soon as I spawned charger i start hearing 'UHHHH COMEON DOGFISH UGGGHH

vote->kick

nevermind, I finally got all campaigns complete after that! I want to get that 3 minutes finale achieve next for the bridge in parish

taku

catfish said:
nevermind, I finally got all campaigns complete after that! I want to get that 3 minutes finale achieve next for the bridge in parish
I got that achievement last night. Once you hit the tank, avoid him and make a run for it!

Shoogoo

taku said:
I got that achievement last night. Once you hit the tank, avoid him and make a run for it!

1/ I tried with randoms but god they were awful. I quit.
2/ I tried with bots but fuck me they wouldn't die even after I voted to change difficulty to expert
3/ Kill the bots. Run. I made it in 2'17.

Sometimes you're better off alone in this game, yup yup.

LosDaddie

Banned
Still getting used to L4D2 by playing Dead Center alone. I've found that melee weapons (esp. the ax and katana) are far more effective than a dual-wielded pistol.

I can't wait to finally get a co-op game going. I think I've finally got comfortable with how the game controls & plays.

Tenks

LosDaddie said:
Still getting used to L4D2 by playing Dead Center alone. I've found that melee weapons (esp. the ax and katana) are far more effective than a dual-wielded pistol.

I can't wait to finally get a co-op game going. I think I've finally got comfortable with how the game controls & plays.

Yeah unless I can pick up a magnum there's no way I'm rolling around with pistols. Unless I have the god awful tier1 shotgun. God that thing is a piece of shit.

LosDaddie said:

unless you play versus in which case a team of people all using melee will get destroyed :) but yeah campaign should be fine.

whats wrong with the tier 1 shotgun? i have actually become quite enamoured with it.

My favorite charger tactic is to spawn right around a corner from someone, boomer-style, then run up and punch them 2 or 3 times, then charge while right in their face. Optimally you've got a lot of space behind them so your charge can separate the mark from the group and pound them several more times before they get you. As long as they don't have a melee weapon out (if they do, consider charging early), you will do massive damage before you go down.

Charger punch = awesome.

wayward archer said:
My favorite charger tactic is to spawn right around a corner from someone, boomer-style, then run up and punch them 2 or 3 times, then charge while right in their face. Optimally you've got a lot of space behind them so your charge can separate the mark from the group and pound them several more times before they get you. As long as they don't have a melee weapon out (if they do, consider charging early), you will do massive damage before you go down.

Charger punch = awesome.
I incapped two people at low health with the Charger punch, then charged the guy trying to save them :D.

Top Bottom