• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Sagitario

^ I want... no, I need a hi-res of that artwork ._.

No actually. This is my first time playing. That sounds way better than that joy pendant that was up last time.
You need to outbid by 10%, that will get you 10 seconds of stunt time.
Also, if you stay until the auction is finished but don't win the item, that particular item will be auctioned until you win it (doesn't matter in you cancel and re-enter).

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I've had this since September, but really haven't been playing it or my Wii U that much since there's been so much 3DS stuff occupying my time. I was vaguely hoping to finish this up before I get A Link Between Worlds on Tuesday from Amazon. So far I'm
supposed to do the Earth and Wind temples, and also am gathering Triforce shards
. Instead of that though, I've just been picking up heart pieces and taking pictures for figurines lol. Really enjoying it though, it's just a treat to play through this again (my last playthrough was probably around 2005, I think), and everything is just so gorgeous.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
People who complained about headphones on tv mode. Let's join forces on miiverse and ask Nintendo for that. Maybe a patch or even a system menu option. I'm pretty sure this isn't difficult to do, maybe they aren't aware that exists people(like me) who likes to play in a big tv while GF sleeps.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAADMUKlaCFIEAA

I tried to do my part almost two months ago.

It would be a nice little improvement (can't be hard to fix?) that would mean a lot to many of us

Time for the tri-force quest, glad I have the swift sail at least ;)

MegalonJJ

Banned
People who complained about headphones on tv mode. Let's join forces on miiverse and ask Nintendo for that. Maybe a patch or even a system menu option. I'm pretty sure this isn't difficult to do, maybe they aren't aware that exists people(like me) who likes to play in a big tv while GF sleeps.

Is your Wii U plugged into an AV receiver?

If so I usually just plug my headphones into that.

hal9001

Banned
Finally completed it. This version finally tweaked out the few minor niggles it had and now I have no doubt in saying this is probably in the top 5 best games ever made. The timeless graphics and aesthetics are jaw dropping and videos online do not do it justice at all.

I've been holding out on watching Cosmo's streams of WW on YouTube until I beat WWHD. Well, I finished it up the other day. Does anyone know, are any of these better than others? I'm watching the 4:32:26 one now.

Niraj

Pretty much played this all day today. Got all the heart pieces I had left, all the figurines, and am about to fight the last boss right now. I really appreciated the swift sail, and the upgrades to the picto box. I had forgotten to take a picture of Cyclos before getting that song, and was lucky enough to find a bottle that had his picture in it. 12 pictures at a time is just a godsend for completing that. I remember being in the process of completing the gallery on Gamecube, but it was just such a slog that I never finished. Feels good to finally get that monkey off my back :)

Draconian

The scene where you
first meet Ganondorf
is so good. I had chills going up my spine. The only other Zelda I've played is Ocarina of Time, but the stories of both are extremely engaging.

D-e-f-

Banned
The scene where you
first meet Ganondorf
is so good. I had chills going up my spine. The only other Zelda I've played is Ocarina of Time, but the stories of both are extremely engaging.

Ganondorf is on the box. You don't need to spoiler tag that he exists. lol

D-e-f-

Banned
Hey, I know some people around here get upset about spoilers. I don't want to ruin it for anyone, especially people who've never played this or any other Zelda games before. :p

He is ON the BOX! The FRONT! :D

That's like spoiler tagging that Link is in the game or that you get a boat and sail. :D

Draconian

He is ON the BOX! The FRONT! :D

That's like spoiler tagging that Link is in the game or that you get a boat and sail. :D

Better be safe than sorry I guess? lol

Speaking of Ganondorf, I like his design here better than in OoT. I particularly like that he seems much more mysterious and intimidating. To me anyway.

D-e-f-

Banned
Better be safe than sorry I guess? lol

Speaking of Ganondorf, I like his design here better than in OoT. I particularly like that he seems much more mysterious and intimidating. To me anyway.

Yea I think WW Ganondorf is universally liked the best. OoT's version looks weird, mostly due to the low-poly model, I think.

mstevens

I need some help with the last figurine. I've gotten everything
except knuckles
and I can't find
the Link and king of the red lions one
. Isn't he suppose to give it to me once I've gotten all of them except
knuckles
?

Kjellson

I need some help with the last figurine. I've gotten everything
except knuckles
and I can't find
the Link and king of the red lions one
. Isn't he suppose to give it to me once I've gotten all of them except
knuckles
?
They changed it.
Knuckles
is needed to get the last figurine.

So... I left Link standing on the Outset Island beach and stepped away from the game. When I came back he'd boarded Beadle's boat and was riding it around the island... Has anyone else found locations where Link will act on his own if left alone long enough?
(I'd left the game sitting idle for a littlie over an hour before I came back.)

Draconian

So... I left Link standing on the Outset Island beach and stepped away from the game. When I came back he'd boarded Beadle's boat and was riding it around the island... Has anyone else found locations where Link will act on his own if left alone long enough?

Haha, I always pause when I leave the room or something, but I might not now just to see if something like this happens now.

What? Link just... does stuff? That's kind of creepy.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Haha, I always pause when I leave the room or something, but I might not now just to see if something like this happens now.
What? Link just... does stuff? That's kind of creepy.
He got killed by a ChuChu at night and the game respawned him on the boat. He was knocked far enough into the water that he might have drowned. The game put him in the last place you came out of. (I assume you came out of Beedle's shop last)

He got killed by a ChuChu at night and the game respawned him on the boat. He was knocked far enough into the water that he might have drowned. The game put him in the last place you came out of. (I assume you came out of Beedle's shop last)
No, I hadn't been to Beedle's shop and it was daytime. Time doesn't pass while you're on an island, so no enemies could have been around. If I'd died, it would have sent me to the game over screen. Drowning would have reduced my health.
So, either there was some sort of weird glitch or he boarded the boat on his own.

No, I hadn't been to Beedle's shop and it was daytime. Time doesn't pass while you're on an island, so no enemies could have been around. If I'd died, it would have sent me to the game over screen. Drowning would have reduced my health.
So, either there was some sort of weird glitch or he boarded the boat on his own.
I'm going to leave my game on for awhile and see what happens.

Anteo

After beating the Earth Temple, I can honestly say if I have to play the Command Song one more time, I may become ill.

Is the earth temple the first temple? or the second that uses it? I really wish they had an item like the rod from tp instead of the song

Two questions:

Where do I get the big hammer?

Where do I get the heavy boots to get into the windy cave?

I remember playing WW when it first came out but never finishing it. I also remember finding both items without a problem. Now, not so much.

Two questions:

Where do I get the big hammer?

Where do I get the heavy boots to get into the windy cave?

I remember playing WW when it first came out but never finishing it. I also remember finding both items without a problem. Now, not so much.

You get the hammer on your second visit to the Forsaken Fortress when you first encounter Phantom Ganon. The Boots are in the frozen island... I think. You need the fire/ice arrow upgrade from the Fairy Queen to get them.

rybrad

Picked up the Wii U bundle with this game and have been having a great time playing through it for the first time. I was wondering if I am supposed to be able to get all the chests in a dungeon the first time I visit it. I just finished the Forbidden Woods and could not figure out how to get a chest after messing around with it for awhile.

You get the hammer on your second visit to the Forsaken Fortress when you first encounter Phantom Ganon. The Boots are in the frozen island... I think. You need the fire/ice arrow upgrade from the Fairy Queen to get them.

Thank you for the tips. Got the first one and, now, I'm in line for the second one.

Niraj

Picked up the Wii U bundle with this game and have been having a great time playing through it for the first time. I was wondering if I am supposed to be able to get all the chests in a dungeon the first time I visit it. I just finished the Forbidden Woods and could not figure out how to get a chest after messing around with it for awhile.

I can't think of an instance where you can't get all the chests your first time through. Except the Tingle Tuner statues if you don't have bombs, but those aren't visible on the map anyway.

rybrad

I can't think of an instance where you can't get all the chests your first time through. Except the Tingle Tuner statues if you don't have bombs, but those aren't visible on the map anyway.
Cool, thanks for the info, looks like I am heading back in and rethinking my approach.

Draconian

I've gotten to the triforce hunt and now actually understand the name of the OP lol

Anyway, this is only my second Zelda and this is a great game. I think I prefer OoT, but I really like the side stuff in this one a bunch.

I bought this alongside Mario 3D World and just got to Dragonroost Island. Truth be told, I'm not really feeling the "Wow" factors of it being in HD. I guess I'm too early in the game to really have a spark or maybe I've played too much of the original Wind Waker (so it might not be fresh for me).

However, I love the Miiverse stuff in this game. Taking selfies is hilarious, especially when they're followed by the right caption. There's something about taking selfies with Link that's just so amusing. I'm also liking the way the inventory system is set up. Very smart, manageable, and incredibly useful. I was gonna play with the Pro Controller, but I'll be saving that for a Hero Mode run. Kinda hate they took out the little jingle after you save and press continue. There's a hole left in my heart. :(

I'll probably spend more time on this after finals next week. Probably wasn't the best idea to pick up a Wii U around this time, but dem deals. I'll manage, somehow. ;_;

I bought this alongside Mario 3D World and just got to Dragonroost Island. Truth be told, I'm not really feeling the "Wow" factors of it being in HD. I guess I'm too early in the game to really have a spark or maybe I've played too much of the original Wind Waker (so it might not be fresh for me).

However, I love the Miiverse stuff in this game. Taking selfies is hilarious, especially when they're followed by the right caption. There's something about taking selfies with Link that's just so amusing. I'm also liking the way the inventory system is set up. Very smart, manageable, and incredibly useful. I was gonna play with the Pro Controller, but I'll be saving that for a Hero Mode run. Kinda hate they took out the little jingle after you save and press continue. There's a hole left in my heart. :(

I'll probably spend more time on this after finals next week. Probably wasn't the best idea to pick up a Wii U around this time, but dem deals. I'll manage, somehow. ;_;

If you have the GC version, start it on a different input and switch back and forth...

Thanks. I tried that and there was definitely a better change. Now that I'm at the first dungeon, it's looking beautiful! The dead springs beforehand looked really good, too.

Yeah the GC game was so beautiful for it's time that my mind put rose tinted glasses on when thinking about it. After playing HD, I started the original and was shocked by how ugly it is in comparison.

Draconian

Finished this last night. I have to say that ending was awesome! I particularly enjoyed
fighting Ganon in hand to hand combat.
I really liked the amount of exploration in this one, even if the Triforce hunt is still bad after their improvements. I do think only the last two dungeons were memorable and as a whole they lack in comparison to those in Ocarina of Time. Despite this, I was really impressed with how interesting the story was, and I think that's one of my favorite endings to a game in a long time.

Anyway, I think I'm going to move onto Twilight Princess soon. I've heard that one is heavily influenced by OoT, so I'm looking forward to it a lot.

Finished this last night. I have to say that ending was awesome! I particularly enjoyed
fighting Ganon in hand to hand combat.
I really liked the amount of exploration in this one, even if the Triforce hunt is still bad after their improvements. I do think only the last two dungeons were memorable and as a whole they lack in comparison to those in Ocarina of Time. Despite this, I was really impressed with how interesting the story was, and I think that's one of my favorite endings to a game in a long time.

Anyway, I think I'm going to move onto Twilight Princess soon. I've heard that one is heavily influenced by OoT, so I'm looking forward to it a lot.

I Really want Twilight Princess in HD now with the same types of tweaking to make it a bit better.

Just imagine the Twilit Fossil Stallord fight in HD with WWHD's lighting. Hmmmmmm.... Oh, oops, I guess you can't seeing as you haven't played yet... Trust me, it's probably the best Zelda boss fight... Come to think of it, TP has a couple of my favorite boss fights...

FSLink

Banned
Yeah the GC game was so beautiful for it's time that my mind put rose tinted glasses on when thinking about it. After playing HD, I started the original and was shocked by how ugly it is in comparison.

It's a lot like the OOT->OOT3D. They basically made it so it's "like you remembered" even though there's a lot of nice visual touches.

So what is the consensus on hero mode? Does it actually make the game somewhat difficult? I plan on asking for this for Christmas either way, but I'd really like it to be more of a challenge. If you don't get hit then enemies doing more damage obviously wouldn't make a difference. I haven't played this since it was originally released so I can't remember if that's the case.

Top Bottom