• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD |OT| Tingling with HD excitement...only 398 Rupees

Finally finished. Didn't play it for a bit due to Pokemon etc but got back into it and played for hours.
I had forgotten how great the final fight was as I had only played through once before. I stupidly got stuck
trying to figure out how to climb up Ganon's room,
I was trying so many things without realising the obvious!.

The graphics really are gorgeous.

Draconian

Finally finished. Didn't play it for a bit due to Pokemon etc but got back into it and played for hours.
I had forgotten how great the final fight was as I had only played through once before. I stupidly got stuck
trying to figure out how to climb up Ganon's room,
I was trying so many things without realising the obvious!.

The graphics really are gorgeous.

Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one who took awhile to figure that out. I started swinging around in circles and was very confused for a minute or two.

Fantomex

Guys, I am having such a rough time. I just went through the trouble of getting the power back in my master sword, I have also collected all the tri force treasure charts for tingle to decipher. He seems to of done so, but I have absolutely no idea where to look for the shards if they lie in the depths of the ocean or in a cave on my map. My map is empty as heck! Should of fed that fish bait i guess. Youtube and Gamefaqs are not helping, any tips?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Guys, I am having such a rough time. I just went through the trouble of getting the power back in my master sword, I have also collected all the tri force treasure charts for tingle to decipher. He seems to of done so, but I have absolutely no idea where to look for the shards if they lie in the depths of the ocean or in a cave on my map. My map is empty as heck! Should of fed that fish bait i guess. Youtube and Gamefaqs are not helping, any tips?

Did you get the In-credible chart? I think it shows you where the charts are, and where the shards are, no?

leroidys

So what is the consensus on hero mode? Does it actually make the game somewhat difficult? I plan on asking for this for Christmas either way, but I'd really like it to be more of a challenge. If you don't get hit then enemies doing more damage obviously wouldn't make a difference. I haven't played this since it was originally released so I can't remember if that's the case.

It definitely makes it more difficult and, for me, much more enjoyable.

Fantomex

Did you get the In-credible chart? I think it shows you where the charts are, and where the shards are, no?

I just figured that out earlier.. But the problem with my lack of location awareness, is that it just highlights a square on the map. Does that mean I just comb the seas on that particular square until I actually pull the treasure from the bottom of the sea?

Niraj

I just figured that out earlier.. But the problem with my lack of location awareness, is that it just highlights a square on the map. Does that mean I just comb the seas on that particular square until I actually pull the treasure from the bottom of the sea?

There'll be a big pillar of light in the ocean where the pieces are, same as if you were finding treasure from a chart. There's also a different sound that plays as you get closer (this applies for every glowing spot). The louder it is, the closer you are to the item.

Fantomex

There'll be a big pillar of light in the ocean where the pieces are, same as if you were finding treasure from a chart. There's also a different sound that plays as you get closer (this applies for every glowing spot). The louder it is, the closer you are to the item.

Awesome, thanks bro! I never beat the game 10 years ago, so this is like a lifelong goal for me now that I'm old and boring! Thanks.

sonto340

Awesome, thanks bro! I never beat the game 10 years ago, so this is like a lifelong goal for me now that I'm old and boring! Thanks.
The In-credible chart shows you where the charts and triforce shards that ARENT at the bottom of.the ocean. So go to that square, find a dungeon or some such and get the chart/shard
The charts will show you where the pieces under the ocean are, with the beam of light and all.

Niraj

The In-credible chart shows you where the charts and triforce shards that ARENT at the bottom of.the ocean. So go to that square, find a dungeon or some such and get the chart/shard
The charts will show you where the pieces under the ocean are, with the beam of light and all.

But once you get the chart deciphered I think the piece shows up on the In-credible chart as well.

Question about the Miiverse bottles. Even though I have no spoilers selected, is it still possible for someone to bypass it and get a spoiler picture through? Such as labeling it wrong?

D-e-f-

Banned
Question about the Miiverse bottles. Even though I have no spoilers selected, is it still possible for someone to bypass it and get a spoiler picture through? Such as labeling it wrong?
Obviously the game and Miiverse can only know what is and isn't a spoiler if the poster checked the spoiler tag before posting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Also it should be noted that the Miiverse mods do crack down on spoiler posts that haven't been marked.

They once told me off for posting the final sliding tile puzzle.

I see, thanks. I wasn't sure if there were some kind of system in place that could tell by just detecting what the picture was. Like, it knew that the picture someone posted was from a point that I hadn't reached yet so it knew to mark it as a spoiler.

ViviOggi

Is there a quick way to make notes for myself? Would be incredibly convenient with all the info the fish give you and whatnot. There don't seem to be actual apps for this like on the 3DS.
I've tried Evernote but the web version is kinda slow on the Wii U and doesn't support handwriting.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is there a quick way to make notes for myself? Would be incredibly convenient with all the info the fish give you and whatnot. There don't seem to be actual apps for this like on the 3DS.
I've tried Evernote but the web version is kinda slow on the Wii U and doesn't support handwriting.
The fish info is saved to the map screen. There should be a fishman icon that you can tap to re-read what they said.

ViviOggi

The fish info is saved to the map screen. There should be a fishman icon that you can tap to re-read what they said.

Ohh nice, I didn't know that! That does save some time.

I'd still appreciate suggestions for notes though, I can't believe there's no Game Notes equivalent for the Wii U. You've included a touchscreen, at least let me scribble on the map for christ's sake.

D-e-f-

Banned

Why? You can look at all the info from the fish on the map. It displays the full blurb from him.

Niraj

Yeah, it's on the right side of the map screen, underneath the treasure and chart icons.

I'm looking for shards. One is on the ghost ship. Found it yesterday but it kept disappearing when I get close. How do I board it?

You have to get the ghost ship chart first I think. You'll need the hookshot

If you want more clarification on that spoiler:
diamond steppe island

I've noticed that every time I finished playing The Wind Waker HD I see a little pop up saying, "Data has finished installing." I haven't downloaded anything and this doesn't happen with any other game. Can anyone tell me why it keeps telling me that?

D-e-f-

Banned
I've noticed that every time I finished playing The Wind Waker HD I see a little pop up saying, "Data has finished installing." I haven't downloaded anything and this doesn't happen with any other game. Can anyone tell me why it keeps telling me that?

Just look at yer gorramn downloads already!

You either downloaded:
Free software (Wii Fit U info; Wii Sports Club, Wii Karakoke U)
Demo
System update
Software update

The October update enabled automatic (free-)software/demo downloads if you selected yes after applying the update. The April update enabled automatic update downloads in standby. If an update for any of your installed or recently played disc-games came out, it downloads and installs them automatically in the background or even during standby.

Again, just look at your list!

You either downloaded:
Demo
System update
Software update

The October update enabled automatic (free-)software/demo downloads if you selected yes after applying the update. The April update enabled automatic update downloads in standby. If an update for any of your installed or recently played disc-games came out, it downloads and installs them automatically in the background or even during standby.

I've already looked and there's nothing there. As I said, I haven't downloaded anything at all and yet I keep seeing this message pop up only with The Wind Waker HD, nothing else.

D-e-f-

Banned
I've already looked and there's nothing there. As I said, I haven't downloaded anything at all and yet I keep seeing this message pop up only with The Wind Waker HD, nothing else.

Okay seems you have encountered a genuine bug then? Hit up customer support about it (and tell them what you told me so they don't tell you what I told you^^)

Is this whenever you hit the Home button on the GamePad? If so, do you have anything on the download list that's checked off?

I had something similar but had updates on the download list that were checked off. Guessing that they were installed. Regardless, once I deleted them, that message disappeared.

Is this whenever you hit the Home button on the GamePad? If so, do you have anything on the download list that's checked off?

I had something similar but had updates on the download list that were checked off. Guessing that they were installed. Regardless, once I deleted them, that message disappeared.

Yeah, it always shows up when I hit the Home button but it also appears occasionally while playing the game. There's nothing in the download list.

You either downloaded:
Demo
System update
Software update

I read that in Zaeed Massani's voice...
...a shame robin Sachs died, he was a good voice actor.

Fantomex

Finally beat it in HD after 11 years. What an amazing game, i looked for all the hearts, treasure charts, side missions the works. Probably my favorite Zelda game ever.

D-e-f-

Banned
I read that in Zaeed Massani's voice...
...a shame robin Sachs died, he was a good voice actor.

He was also a damn fine actor-actor. Ethan Rayne on Buffy. He was hilariously bad at being evil :D

tumblr_mhstj7olUd1qkbybho1_500.jpg

But you should've read it in a Jayne voice as it's more of a Firefly reference :p

tumblr_mjtmmaRFdM1qb2fy6o1_250.gif

Niraj

Where do I find
the little tree guy with the violin that was at the Deku Tree at the beginning of the game for one of the temples
?

Go to the Forest Haven. The little area you had to traverse to get to the Deku Tree, there are two waterfalls. You can enter the one on the right and he's playing there. You'll be able to hear the music (and see the notes coming out)

Go to the Forest Haven. The little area you had to traverse to get to the Deku Tree, there are two waterfalls. You can enter the one on the right and he's playing there. You'll be able to hear the music (and see the notes coming out)

Thanks again, my good man.

I thought he was there. I went there, looked around, and couldn't find him so I've been working on the other temple (actually up to the boss fight - got the key and saved). Didn't know he was sneakily hiding elsewhere.

Thanks again, my good man.

I thought he was there. I went there, looked around, and couldn't find him so I've been working on the other temple (actually up to the boss fight - got the key and saved). Didn't know he was sneakily hiding elsewhere.

Yeah, he won't be there until after the first sage temple.

Oh, so you'd have to find him second regardless?
Yep, it pissed me off when I ran into it. It was my second playthrough on the GC version and thought I had a game glitch. I made the same mistake with my first playthrough of HD. I guess it was Nintendo's way of keeping you from trying to activate both sages as passengers at the same time. They probably thought it was easier to hide one than it would be to deal with possible glitches.

Ostinatto

i2RrLI1GXXCxs.png

i don't know what to do with the giant head...
i think maybe i need the gloves to lift that rock head? where i can have the gloves?

in the northest point, theres a strong wind blocking the entrance i think... any tip on this one too?

thanks.

i don't know what to do with the giant head...
i think maybe i need the gloves to lift that rock head? where i can have the gloves?

in the northest point, theres a strong wind blocking the entrance i think... any tip on this one too?

thanks.

You need
the Fire/Ice Arrows. If you don't have them, you will need the Ballad of Gales to enter the Mother and Child Isle to obtain your power from the Queen Fairy. Head to the island directly south of Dragon Roost Island, where the fire mountain rests. Use your newly attained Ice Arrows to freeze the mountain top. After entering it and clearing your enemies, you will obtain the bracelets to break into the Earth Temple

As for the other,
you need to use the Fire Arrows for the ice island that's west of the Forest Haven. You will get the Iron Boots to withstand the wind to get into the Wind Temple

Anteo

im sorry but wtf at
the triforce piece in the starting island
just wtf
that was just annoying, wasnt even hard. just annoying
as much as i enjoyed the first part this just kills the game. tp tier game confirmed, good zelda but will never replay

Draconian

im sorry but wtf at
just wtf
as much as i enjoyed the first part this just kills the game. tp tier game confirmed, good zelda but will never replay

Be glad they moved the heart piece that was after the 50th level on the Gamecube version. :p

On an unrelated note, about a week ago I realized the thread title was a pun for the first time.

Kjellson

im sorry but wtf at
just wtf
That's the best part of the game!

So, Nintendo Gallery/Tingle Bottle question. I missed one of the one time only figures (Red Wizzrobe). Is my only hope of getting it now completely random Tingle bottles and/or replaying the game after I beat it?

Top Bottom