• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes |OT| Of great themes and vocal legos

I bought the 360 version yesterday and it's amazing. I have a question about the portable versions, I'm aware they aren't open world, but do they follow the same story beats? I want to get the vita version when I beat my backlog but if it's the same exact storyline it's not worth playing again.

I finished the Vita version last night. It has the exact same storyline as the console/pc version. It even uses the same cutscenes, but horribly compressed. It's a good game, but I wouldn't recommend it at full price.

KalBalboa

Banned

Captain+Marvel2.jpg

Shazam-Header.jpg

The oldest of old school- an early ripoff of Superman that wound up being bought by DC Comics back in the day. He's got some neat stories, but he's best used when making a point against other characters via contrast.

Kaibutsu

Captain+Marvel2.jpg

Shazam-Header.jpg

The oldest of old school- an early ripoff of Superman that wound up being bought by DC Comics back in the day. He's got some neat stories, but he's best used when making a point against other characters via contrast.

The artist formally known as Captain Marvel. Also he has one of the coolest villians in all of the DC universe as an arch-nemesis, Black Adam
TvIn9.jpg

201305_bonuslgrvdt3.jpg

d1rtn4p

Maybe it's the fact that my vision sucks or that my TV is too dark. But I'm having a really hard time making out the environments in this game. There is so much clutter, and colors and objects and stuff that I can't tell what is what. This is my first LEGO game since the original Star Wars, but I don't recall having the same problem.

The artist formally known as Captain Marvel. Also he has one of the coolest villians in all of the DC universe as an arch-nemesis, Black Adam
TvIn9.jpg

Black Adam is my favorite character in the DC universe, mainly because he was the first morally ambiguous character in the DC and probably the last remaining.

The Flash
in this totally rocks. Pity they couldnt find some unique Lego skills for him. Maybe in the sequel. (Havent done any of the side-quests yet, maybe he gets to do some
speedy
things there.)

Can somebody tell me who is that character at the very end who says:
"I have located it"
?

Yeah, this is the best Lego game by far.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Flash
in this totally rocks. Pity they couldnt find some unique Lego skills for him. Maybe in the sequel. (Havent done any of the side-quests yet, maybe he gets to do some
speedy
things there.)

Can somebody tell me who is that character at the very end who says:
"I have located it"
?

Yeah, this is the best Lego game by far.

Brainiac

If you've gotten all of the mini-kits on the first stage, you should try out Harley Quinn's Quad Bike. It is possibly the greatest vehicle in a game ever.
It does a barrel roll and flips out all over the place, so funny.

I finished the the main story and thought it was great! And now I still have an insane amount of shit to do. I think its a good thing I skipped a lot of the Lego games, though, as I think you could get worn out on them pretty easily.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wow. The Amusement Park is a Gold Brick goldmine!

Loving this game so far. Do you unlock Superman, Flash, etc. through the main story progression or what? I've put so many hours into this and I feel like I've only scratched the surface. I keep wandering off now that I realized the open world bits are in between missions.

Wow. The Amusement Park is a Gold Brick goldmine!

Loving this game so far. Do you unlock Superman, Flash, etc. through the main story progression or what? I've put so many hours into this and I feel like I've only scratched the surface. I keep wandering off now that I realized the open world bits are in between missions.

Not really a spoiler but:

Yup you unlock them after the main story. Along with a few other justice league members.

Dalthien

I'm torn between getting the Wii or HD versions. Graphically, the Wii version is close enough to the other versions that I don't care one way or the other.

My question is about the DLC Preorder characters. I've seen a couple people in other forums mention that Zatanna is unlockable in the Wii version.

Can anyone with the Wii version confirm that the DLC characters are actually included with the Wii version? That would probably push me to get that version.

I want this game, but I can't decide which platform to buy it on. I feel like I should get it for the Vita, just to say I'm using my Vita. :(

Rootbeer

Banned
If you want to use your Vita get Gravity Rush. Not that difficult to arrange :)

LEGO Batman 2 is fun on the Vita, but you'll enjoy it way more on PS3, 360 or PC, definitely.

Personally sometimes I find it difficult to finish some console/PC games simply because of the nature of how I spend my time at home and how I prioritize certain games. So I like having the option to play some games portably. For me LEGO Batman 2 works great for this need. (But I really, really love how beautiful the PC version is -- but will I finish it when I can be playing Civ V or Guild Wars 2? We'll see)

DodgerSan

Yeah system settings to inverted.
I have contacted the dev to see what they have to say.
I will post when I have a response.

No response yet presumably?

It's annoying the hell out of me too. I can just about manage it, but I feel that I'm constantly fighting a control that's not doing what I want it too. The lack of even an option is frustrating and hard to fathom, given that the game is actively overriding my dashboard preference.

Edit: I mailed them too. More the merrier.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
seriously half the game is missing on the handhelds.

yeah it does feel like this sometimes, **see an ingame vehicle** [do i get to go on that!!?, excellent] wait a cut scene? = I am early in the game (3ds). so wonder if you do get some vehicle action just like lego star wars on the 3ds?

but despite feeling like a cut down game(in regards to open world being left out), the game is a hell of a lot of fun to play. it works so well in regards to on the go play.
nice frame rate, great looking levels, 3DS doesn't really add to the game tbh might turn it off for long journeys.

only three niggles inregards to the 3ds version and the game as a whole:
3DS version, why no camera controls?
Game as a whole, why no dodge mechanic? or block?

apart from that get it for the 3DS, you'll love it :)

I will get the 360 version (when price drops)/

Javaman

Is the game starting up in red/blue stereoscopic mode for anyone else? (pc) It's disabled in my nvidia control panel but for some reason the game is forcing it on ingame. Drivers are only a couple weeks old. I guess I'll try the newest ones. I don't have this problem with any other game. This is so freaking retarded.

Blizzard

Banned
Is the game starting up in red/blue stereoscopic mode for anyone else? (pc) It's disabled in my nvidia control panel but for some reason the game is forcing it on ingame. Drivers are only a couple weeks old. I guess I'll try the newest ones. I don't have this problem with any other game. This is so freaking retarded.

I came here to post about you telling me this, but you beat me to it. :p That's a weird problem, and I don't remember hearing about anyone have it in this game or otherwise.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up for those who are going to do the Bonus Level... You can totally fuck up and get screwed, making you redo the whole thing over again. I think that's some pretty shitty game design and I just wasted an hour and a half thanks to, what I'm calling, a bug.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
This game has crashed on me twice on The Next President level.

Was watching some guy stream on Twitch and his game crashed on the exact same level, as well.

Fix this shit, TT.

Javaman

I came here to post about you telling me this, but you beat me to it. :p That's a weird problem, and I don't remember hearing about anyone have it in this game or otherwise.

Running a GTX 460. Had to update from 296.10 to 301.42 which fixed it.

That's how it was prior to the New 52. The character was renamed to Shazam this past year.
Didn't know that. I haven't read anything with him in it since the new 52. I'm probably still going to call him Captain Marvel for the rest of my life. Too many years of knowing him as that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just finished the story today. Been thundering through this game. Just got all the red bricks, going for gold next. Game becomes stupid easy once you got the stud multiplier red bricks and you figure out the flow of the game. You accidentally collect studs faster than you can spend them. I'm at like 70 million studs now. Whoring cash with Green Lantern helps immediately after the story ends, about 20k per green build.

Game is lots of fun, very polished in some areas, very buggy in others (playing on PC).
Also incredibly well optimized considering I can run it on my 3450HD and it looks.. Much better than what I usually expect from my PC.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone found the last land vehicle? I have the game 100% done, yet I have a blacked out vehicle. It's the last one in the "regular" list (to the right of the Police Car), it's not a minikit vehicle. I don't know if it's just a bug or what. I can't pick it via the Bat Computer. It's one you definitely have to purchase to use later, but nothing shows up on my radar screen.

EDIT - Ok, this is weird. I decided to do a co-op mission so I could get the last achievement I was missing (you have to do a Story co-op to get it, Free Play won't count), and when I went back into the free roam and went to choose a vehicle, the last one was there! It's Harley Quinn's Motorbike. I don't know if you get it for doing the co-op thing or if it was just a bug and it finally decided to show up for me. I didn't have to purchase it either, it was just all of a sudden in the selectable vehicle list. I don't remember buying it before, I dunno what's going on. At least I have no 100% completed the game, first time ever I've done that, haha.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you get minikits in free play then save and quit at a checkpoint and come back later, the minikits are gone. You have to do it in one run. That is absolutely stupid game design.

InertiaXr

So umm I didn't want to create a new thread for this even though its not necessarily on topic, but how are all these lego games? This one looks pretty cool and with the steam sale coming up I'd like to get maybe the Lego Harry Potters and Batmans, not too much interest in Indiana Jones though and none in Star Wars. Are they basically just action adventures?

smr00

Banned
So whats the consensus? buy at $49.99?(ps3/360 version) or wait for inevitable $19.99-29.99 sale in the coming month(s)?

So umm I didn't want to create a new thread for this even though its not necessarily on topic, but how are all these lego games? This one looks pretty cool and with the steam sale coming up I'd like to get maybe the Lego Harry Potters and Batmans, not too much interest in Indiana Jones though and none in Star Wars. Are they basically just action adventures?

Action-Platformers with a big focus on tons of hidden secrets, tons of unlock able characters, and drop-in/drop-out local co-op. They all pretty much play identically to each other, but they're pretty fun, simple little games.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
If you get minikits in free play then save and quit at a checkpoint and come back later, the minikits are gone. You have to do it in one run. That is absolutely stupid game design.
God yes!! That pissed me off to no end. I had to quit out of a level due to the game running out of memory and not letting me change to a different character and when I came back in, it started me at the save point, but didn't save all the minikits I had found up to that point (except for the 1 or 2 I had found on my first run through in story mode). And yes, you read that right, the game was out of memory and wouldn't let me change characters. I had to switch to Joker to charge a station up and every time I tried it would show the purple glowing stuff and would sit there for about 10-15 seconds then would just give up and remain the character I already was. I guess the game can't handle changing to multiple characters in a single level, I had all but one unlocked at the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Done, completely. 100%. Got all the kits, dudes, bricks, achievements, whatever. I might have bought the DLC if it was up on preorder, but I doubt I will now since there's not much of a reason for me to go back anytime soon unless my nieces want to play.

fun stuff, decent sense of humor. I really liked the cutscenes near the end. I haven't played a Lego game since the original Star Wars, so that probably helps. Tempted to try the Pirates one sometime in the future.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
quick question about cheats. I got an unlock code for Harley Quinn's motorbike with a preorder, but it doesn't look like those are exclusive - its just a general code that anyone can use. I also found a list with some other unlocks and 'red brick' codes for things like 'Fall rescue' and 'minikit finder'. Are those things you'll unlock naturally during the game (in which case I'll not use them, i'll earn them) or just bonuses?

How did Pirates of the Caribbean handle it?

quick question about cheats. I got an unlock code for Harley Quinn's motorbike with a preorder, but it doesn't look like those are exclusive - its just a general code that anyone can use. I also found a list with some other unlocks and 'red brick' codes for things like 'Fall rescue' and 'minikit finder'. Are those things you'll unlock naturally during the game (in which case I'll not use them, i'll earn them) or just bonuses?

(Still haven't bought the game, but basing this on previous Lego games)

All levels have a hidden red brick with unlocks a cheat, however, you can unlock the cheat automatically by using codes. They're usually harder to find than minikits, so don't try before Free Play.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The red bricks in this game are all found in the open world sections, not in the "levels". But yes, you can just enter the cheat code to activate what one of the bricks would've given you anyways.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Done, completely. 100%. Got all the kits, dudes, bricks, achievements, whatever. I might have bought the DLC if it was up on preorder, but I doubt I will now since there's not much of a reason for me to go back anytime soon unless my nieces want to play.

fun stuff, decent sense of humor. I really liked the cutscenes near the end. I haven't played a Lego game since the original Star Wars, so that probably helps. Tempted to try the Pirates one sometime in the future.

Pirates is also pretty good. It lacks the massive overworld hub of this, but the game looks fantastic and has a decent sense of humor about the films. A great mix of unique puzzles in the levels as well. Getting 100% kept me busy for a good while in that one.

Top Bottom