• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

What he was saying is the start of the argument (if you can call it that)
Ah, right. I didn't mean to join in an argument. For some reason I just thought that was a good time to channel a stereotypical southern sheriff and reply. I'll be more wary of who is replying to who in the future.

until they have some decent prices for big games (you know... like that service for PC) my wii u will just be a nice Netflix player to me

I think Nintendo made sure Target had stock due to their giant Wii U hardware/software deals this week. $50 gift card w/ Wii U purchase, and buy 2 games get 1 free.

It isn't in stock at any Target within 100 miles of Monterey, CA. =(

Guess I'll just wait for either A) my GameStop preorder or B) Gamefly to send me a copy.

Just picked it up at ebgames in new brunswick canada, with Chase McCain minifig. He's currently on my shelf arresting lego Jack Sparrow.

They had a stack of them for preorders and only 4 extra...a little 5 year old boy with his father were in front of me asking for it, and when they were told there were a few extra to sell, the little one jumped up and down and said "YAY!" So cute :)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If the game is $50 at the Nintendo World Store that seems to confirm what the proper MSRP is, doesn't it?

Effect

Just picked it up at ebgames in new brunswick canada, with Chase McCain minifig. He's currently on my shelf arresting lego Jack Sparrow.

They had a stack of them for preorders and only 4 extra...a little 5 year old boy with his father were in front of me asking for it, and when they were told there were a few extra to sell, the little one jumped up and down and said "YAY!" So cute :)

Here's hoping the parents bought a Wii U and aren't buying this expecting it to play in a Wii system.

deviljho

Here's hoping the parents bought a Wii U and aren't buying this expecting it to play in a Wii system.

Nintendo is turning the razor-blade sales model upside down.... First they sell you the cheap razor, then they get you to buy the blades for the new expensive razor, thinking they work with the old razor... next thing you know it...
what the fuck am I talking about

Download has been going for about 11 hours since last night, I wake up and I am greeted to another 6 hours of waiting. I am on a connection where I can usually download 11 Gig in about 2 hours. Never buying a fucking thing off of the eShop again.

Dragoshi1

Targets, Walmarts, Gamestops, TRU, all of them don't have the game within 100 miles of me in Tampa, Florida.

One Walmart said to check back later in the day, but I doubt they will have any in.

Target says tomorrow.
Walmart doesn't know.
Gamestop said MAYBE tomorrow, probably Wednesday.
TRU said Thursday.

According to posts in this thread, Eshop is $60, and the download is taking forever, so I can't even go digital right now.

What is going on. This is just as bad as Fire Emblem Awakening...

YuChai

when nintendo first promote wii u. they show lego game, i wonder what's the point. but now it seems that this game turns out great. what a surprise.

Targets, Walmarts, Gamestops, TRU, all of them don't have the game within 100 miles of me in Tampa, Florida.

One Walmart said to check back later in the day, but I doubt they will have any in.

Target says tomorrow.
Walmart doesn't know.
Gamestop said MAYBE tomorrow, probably Wednesday.
TRU said Thursday.

According to posts in this thread, Eshop is $60, and the download is taking forever, so I can't even go digital right now.

What is going on. This is just as bad as Fire Emblem Awakening...

This is how Nintendo releases a lot of games. They list the ship date as the release date. Check on Wednesday, most stores will have it by then.

No way in hell they pull this with a NINETEEN GIGABYTE download.
Well I could be completely off base as I do tend to see conspiracies everywhere but I'm just wondering now if these different situations aren't NoA experimenting with retail vs. digital scenarios to see what works out best for sales.

This experiment could be to see if they can get away with charging a premium for DD but it's just as likely a mistake. We'll find out if they fix the price downward later and LCU isn't scarce at retail.

zigg

This is how Nintendo releases a lot of games. They list the ship date as the release date. Check on Wednesday, most stores will have it by then.
Yup, this is correct. I'd expect to be able to pick it up either Tuesday or Wednesday most places. I remember how I used to find a sympathetic BB guy to get the games I wanted of the boxes Tuesday afternoons.

Effect

Until FEA and LCU, I've never had this issue with Nintendo first party releases.

Both games that didn't release on a Sunday. With Sunday releases they have to ship the games so they at least arrive the day before or be there by that Monday. These non-Sunday release days aren't working for Nintendo. Whoever is in charge of this is seriously screwing things up. It's crazy that some stores have it and a whole group of stores that aren't related in various areas don't.

It's past noon already and I bet that eShop price hasn't been fixed yet either. Damn NoA. They have one major responsibility or perhaps it's the only responsibility and they constantly show they can't even do that right!

Edit:

Just checked and the eshop says $49.99 now.

Glad that's been fixed at least.

Hiltz

Download has been going for about 11 hours since last night, I wake up and I am greeted to another 6 hours of waiting. I am on a connection where I can usually download 11 Gig in about 2 hours. Never buying a fucking thing off of the eShop again.

Does this have to do with Nintendo's network location or something? I'm scared to think of how long it would take to download Lego City on a 100MB connection.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

I'd go so far as to say this is the opposite of what normally happens (at least out here). Nintendo games almost always have released on Sundays. That it always the date they use in their marketing and is the date when you can find the game in stores. Only recently have they started to do these limited Monday releases.

You may be thinking of what a lot of other game companies used to do, which was list the ship date as the release date. I would say it's been a good five or six years since this was common practice, though.

Effect

Does this have to do with Nintendo's network location or something? I'm scared to think of how long it would take to download Lego City on a 100MB connection.

Seems to be. PSN has the same problem with slow downloads. I'm still confused as to why there is such a problem. It's not just game downloads but all downloads such as updates taking far longer then they should given their size. Are there servers in various locations around the world or is there one centralized server system in the main headquarters in Japan with everyone everywhere hitting it at any given time?

qwerty2k

Seems to be. PSN has the same problem with slow downloads. I'm still confused as to why there is such a problem. It's not just game downloads but all downloads such as updates taking far longer then they should given their size. Are there servers in various locations around the world or if there is one centralized server system in the main headquarters in Japan with everyone everywhere hitting it at any given time?

iirc PSN artifically limits your connection speed, something like 4mb over wifi and 10mb over ethernet? (don't quote me on figures)

Top Bottom