• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

hatchx

Banned
I find my PS3 painfully slow, and I never downloaded full retails games.

Wonder why the eshop is so slow, and whether or not it can be sped up with firmware.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to be accusatory, it was just a general statement. ^_^

Anyways, has anyone actually received/downloaded their game and have some early impressions?
No harm done ^_^. I just thought I'd clarify in case I did indeed sound upset.

The first person to post their loading times from the download version so we can compare them to the retail version, gets my undying respect. I'm very curious about this...

Yeah, the big N fudged on this release.
Never trust a date from Nintendo that isn't Sunday. The same thing happened not only with Fire Emblem: Awakening, but also Kirby Mass Attack and Professor Layton & the Last Specter. Pretty much, if the date isn't a Sunday, it's best to assume it's really just the ship-date and not the actual release date.

after she went to talk to the supervisor she admitted the mistake was fixed but says they need more time to figure it out and to reach out to customers affected the solution should take 2-3 days they will contact you

after she went to talk to the supervisor she admitted the mistake was fixed but says they need more time to figure it out and to reach out to customers affected the solution should take 2-3 days they will contact you
Good. As expected from Nintendo's customer service: they'll contact customers for refunds. I was worried they would only repay those who complain.

PhantomR

Banned
what the fuck? I paid $59 so back off dude

Dude, you're being hella annoying. Unless NOA straight told you that you're not getting any help whatsoever (WHICH I KNOW is not the case) you need to chill the hell out.

It was a simple pricing mistake, NOA is on the case to get that fixed immediately for those who spent the extra $10, end of.

AzaK

$59.99 E-Shop has to be a mistake.
Why? Don't Nintendo like to charge more digitally? Not only that, it's Lego so they probably think they can get away with it. Why people buy into DD as it's presented by console companies is beyond me.

Wish it didn't have such terrible load times. I wonder what's up because everything on Wii U has bad load times.

Edit: ahh I see its a mistake.

Why? Don't Nintendo like to charge more digitally? Not only that, it's Lego so they probably think they can get away with it. Why people buy into DD as it's presented by console companies is beyond me.

Wish it didn't have such terrible load times. I wonder what's up because everything on Wii U has bad load times.
Well, it turned out to be a mistake anyway and has since been fixed.

Edit: nm, you noticed.

I started downloading just after the price drop. ETA 4 hours and 24 minutes.

For those who have already downloaded, did this estimate turn out to be accurate at all?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

Sounds about standard for customer service fuckups like this. You had better believe that your issue will get sorted in the next few days though. Sorry you had to get ripped off for now and had to waste time chasing down your money.

What is your speed?

I am running 12Mb/s and am at 50% complete at just around 2 hours, which is pretty comparable to what I get from steam.
I have way less than that (6 I think?) and it says 4 hours now so we're getting the same download speed I guess from nintendo.

As for steam I don't know what to tell you. I usually get 2 or 3 mbps on that.

Top Bottom