• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

The guy at my local GS says the game isn't even in transit yet, and hopefully by Thursday.

WTF is with Nintendo games not arriving on time?

At least he's already received NFSMW and that will release on Tuesday as planned.

serplux

Never trust a date from Nintendo that isn't Sunday. The same thing happened not only with Fire Emblem: Awakening, but also Kirby Mass Attack and Professor Layton & the Last Specter. Pretty much, if the date isn't a Sunday, it's best to assume it's really just the ship-date and not the actual release date.

Why is LCU releasing on Monday anyways? I know FE:A got moved because of the Super Bowl, but...

CoolS

I totally get all the complains about the pricing mistake, and I really hope that Nintendo will come through, but why wouldn't you guys wait a couple of hours. I would be really scared to buy it now and spend an extra 10 bucks I might not get back.

honestly would not have even called if the game was done downloading but I was at 50% at 9am

so to me the product has not reached my hands yet lol

75% 4h22m left

it will be done at 6pm good god

PhantomR

Banned
Was prob before they realize it was a mistake. Was it someone in charge, or just the low end person reading off a script?

I can easily answer that for you, it was a low end person who was not aware of the situation. The people in charge are aware and are formulating a fix as we speak for those who purchased at the higher price.

honestly would not have even called if the game was done downloading but I was at 50% at 9am

so to me the product has not reached my hands yet lol

75% 4h22m left

it will be done at 6pm good god

I feel the same, I wouldn't be so down on the whole situation if I was actually able to play the game. The estimated time that the system gives is pretty much useless.

Was prob before they realize it was a mistake. Was it someone in charge, or just the low end person reading off a script?

oh I gave the low guy a hard time until he went to ask a higher up but higher up said no dice so low guy asked if I want to file a report to an even higher level

I want Nintendo to get eShop right because I depend on it I have over 25 digital titles now that I got since launch so it is not about $10 it is about eShop being reliable

I can't trust it and click blindly like I did at midnight anymore lesson learned

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
This is ridiculous. I'm downloading at ~300KBPS from Nintendo when my connection is 20 Mbits per sec, down

RobbieNick

My Gamestop gave me my Lego minfig, but the game isn't even shown in transit. It's possible Nintendo is shipping this separately from UPS as they got their Wii U's that way, but it looks like it might be another Fire Emblem situation. Goddamn Nintendo.

THIS IS YOUR BIGGEST WII U GAME SINCE LAUNCH!! STOP FUCKING UP, NINTENDO!

Seriously, I'm getting sick and tired of this crap.

I already have a Chase Mcain from Target, so I may cancel the pre-order if I find it elsewhere.

In amusing news, there was already a guy waiting outside for GOW Judgement....at 11 a.m.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My Gamestop gave me my Lego minfig, but the game isn't even shown in transit. It's possible Nintendo is shipping this separately from UPS as they got their Wii U's that way, but it looks like it might be another Fire Emblem situation. Goddamn Nintendo.

THIS IS YOUR BIGGEST WII U GAME SINCE LAUNCH!! STOP FUCKING UP, NINTENDO!

Seriously, I'm getting sick and tired of this crap.

I already have a Chase Mcain from Target, so I may cancel the pre-order if I find it elsewhere.

In amusing news, there was already a guy waiting outside for GOW Judgement....at 11 a.m.

You know, I could understand Valve purposely delaying retail copies or whatever... Nintendo, if that's their game, doing it is hilarious. No account system, and they really think people are going to hop over and pay full price with no guarantee and their terrible download speeds?

It's either that or they're just constantly botching games. Can't wait to get W101 4 weeks after it comes out.

I totally get all the complains about the pricing mistake, and I really hope that Nintendo will come through, but why wouldn't you guys wait a couple of hours. I would be really scared to buy it now and spend an extra 10 bucks I might not get back.

What leads you to believe Nintendo isn't going to refund the difference?

I don't understand why people think this.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Well shit, guess I wont be having this game for a few weeks since Amazon just told me they dont know when it will ship. The website says 2-3 weeks so, see yall then!

Davey Cakes

Even with the high likelihood of refund, I would have still waited for the price discrepancy to be fixed before buying. Why even go through the hassle of contacting Nintendo and explaining that you bought it at the higher price? Just wait a little while. You don't have to buy the game the second it goes up on the eShop.

Here's something that interests me - did anyone pick up the Lego City set that includes a code for some unlocks in this game? I know the code in the playset seems to be unique; but that's only for the website you plug it into. The page should then either give you a code or some way of unlocking the bonuses in the game. What I want to figure out is if the method the webpage gives you is universal for any game or is it truly a unique thing?

CoolS

What leads you to believe Nintendo isn't going to refund the difference?

I don't understand why people think this.

You paid the price, knowing that it should be 10$ less. If you do that in a store and they change it later, there's no guarantee that you will get a refund. Same thinking applies to this, for me at least.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
You paid the price, knowing that it should be 10$ less. If you do that in a store and they change it later, there's no guarantee that you will get a refund. Same thinking applies to this, for me at least.

Unless the price was a mistake and 2 hours later they figured it out. In that case, most stores would refund you that money. This is not the case of a price drop or a sale. This was an error pure and simple and one that they should rectify for everyone overcharged.

CoolS

Unless the price was a mistake and 2 hours later they figured it out. In that case, most stores would refund you that money. This is not the case of a price drop or a sale. This was an error pure and simple and one that they should rectify for everyone overcharged.

Yeah they should. I'm not arguing about that. But there's no guarantee to that so I would rather wait a couple of hours. That's what I meant to say :)

PhantomR

Banned
This is ridiculous. I'm downloading at ~300KBPS from Nintendo when my connection is 20 Mbits per sec, down

Hey, serious question.

How are you able to see that?? I was trying to look at my router settings to see what the Wii U is downloading that file at and I couldn't find that. The Wii U doesn't tell you so it's frustrating.

Well, I played it for 2 hours, and I'm throwing it online to get rid of it. The writing and humour is hilarious, everything else is crap. Vehicles control like crap, the .....loading......loading........loading........loading........loading........loading.........loading.........loading........sorry, the rest of my message had to load there :p Seriously THE WORST loading times I have experienced since Crash Bandicoot on PS2. YES THAT BAD. Does it to boot up the game, load a cutscene, load a mission, go in a building.....anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute plus. Absolutely ridiculous. And the game itself is bog-standard boring lego fare. I can see having fun with it because it has a great personality, but the loading is too much for me!

sqFzAFK.jpg
Why is his hair brown!?

Well, I played it for 2 hours, and I'm throwing it online to get rid of it. The writing and humour is hilarious, everything else is crap. Vehicles control like crap, the .....loading......loading........loading........loading........loading........loading.........loading.........loading........sorry, the rest of my message had to load there :p Seriously THE WORST loading times I have experienced since Crash Bandicoot on PS2. YES THAT BAD. Does it to boot up the game, load a cutscene, load a mission, go in a building.....anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute plus. Absolutely ridiculous. And the game itself is bog-standard boring lego fare. I can see having fun with it because it has a great personality, but the loading is too much for me!

That's a shame, I'm enjoying it, a lot.

EDIT: Wait, you're reason for not enjoying this game is...pretty lame.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Probably this crazy thing called division.

^

I know the percentage complete, the total file size, and the amount of time I've been downloading.

Meaning I have the amount of data downloaded and the amount of time it took to download it...

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony

The loading issue sounds like trouble, and seems like it comes down to a weakness with TT's technology and an attempt to create an open world game. Lego Batman 2 was much the same, with loading breaks between most things.

Otherwise, as I feared this game will split opinions when it's in people's hands, as the Lego gameplay is going to be boring or not depending on the individual. This is a case of "can't blame you for not being engaged by it". I like the games, but the pace is not for everyone.

Why are we already in conspiracy theory mode?
Because nobody really cared about games like Kirby Mass Attack and Professor Layton (and especially not getting them day one), so people think the first time this type of thing has happened with a Nintendo game was for Fire Emblem: Awakening, and so people come to the idea that it must have something to do with digital sales or something. Of course, this really isn't a new trend at all--it just seems that when Nintendo gives a game a release date other than Sunday, the date they give is really just the date they start to ship it out to stores, and so that's why most stores probably won't have it today. Why do this? Well, considering the other titles this has happened to (like I mentioned, I've previously had this issue with Kirby Mass Attack and Professor Layton 4), when Nintendo decides to date a game any date other than Sunday, it seems to be an indication that that's a title they don't expect to exactly set the charts on fire or anything, at least not out the door (that is, they're either games expected to bomb/will be able to get by on just mediocre sales or only end up selling well through legs).

In the case of Lego City: Undercover, while it's possible it might end up doing well over the lifespan of the Wii U if it winds up having legs, considering how the Wii U's selling right now, it's highly unlikely to explode out the door or anything (as I doubt most parents will want to buy their kids a new system just for another Lego game and would rather at least at first try to appease them with one of the other Lego games they don't have or something. In any case, the point is even if there is a high level of interest, it will at least at first be limited by the Wii U's current install base), and so since due to that initial demand for the title probably won't be very strong the people at Nintendo probably felt this was the best way of doing things for this particular title (and of course, it's not like retailers would exactly be confident in the Wii U right now either, especially in terms of third-party developed games, and so I can't imagine them wanting to risk buying and stocking too many copies of this before they know how things will go, and so that would just give Nintendo more reason to go for a non-Sunday release for this). That's what I make out of all this, anyway.

I hate to repeat my question so soon but my purchase of the game is kind of hinging on the answer. Well that and actually finding it at a Target before the B2G1F sale ends. Hopefully now that a few of you have played the game someone will know the answer.

Can you invert the camera? Thanks in advance for any help.

Top Bottom