• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Wow is this game really 22GB? D:
Why does it need so much space? it's not really an open world game per se
and it's not a graphical showcase...uhm

I'm assuming it's due to having what seems a lot of cut scenes at 720p and there's a lot of voice work.

Metal Gear Rising is something like 20 gigs on the PS3 side where its cuts scenes are not as horribly compressed as the 360 version.

94% 1 hour, 4 minutes to go.

I wonder how long the install will take.. Took like two and a half hours to install assassins creed iii.
Edit: Took about 40 minutes to install

Roo

I missed it for 3GB big deal :p

Why do you think its not an open world game?

Never said it wasn't an open world game tho

I'm assuming it's due to having what seems a lot of cut scenes at 720p and there's a lot of voice work.

Metal Gear Rising is something like 20 gigs on the PS3 side where its cuts scenes are not as horribly compressed as the 360 version.

I see, thanks for the reply :)

Wow is this game really 22GB? D:
Why does it need so much space? it's not really an open world game per se
and it's not a graphical showcase...uhm

The only thing that makes the 19GB size make sense is that every cutscene is HD video, and not in-game. That has to be it. And from what I hear, there are a lot of cutscenes.

kubus

Bought this 500gb usb 2.0 at Bestbuy.com
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate...609412&st=500gb external hard drive&cp=1&lp=4
I've had to for 2 months now and no problems. I like it because it has an power adapter.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002QEBMCI/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I bought that 2TB HDD for $100 and worked very nicely since December.
nintendo has published its own list. also, there is a thread in gaf specifically for wii u external storage. powered are probably the most reliable. Y-cables recommended otherwise. also, you can use a fast usb stick if it ever came to it. i'll edit in a second with the gaf thread link
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500517
I used a 500GB 3.5 WD HDD I had laying around and put it in a $15 powered USB 2.0 housing. Has worked fine for me.
I got this and a Y-cable.
Thanks for all the suggestions, much appreciated! Definitely gonna check that thread too!

can you put two HDDs on one Wii U yet like the Nintendo Direct showed?

I want to buy a small SSD for my Wii U one day for my most played games to live in
since that video proves SSD still wins even with the USB2 bottleneck

I feel bad for those who bought it last night and are still downloading.

I pulled the trigger just moments after the price dropped today and I'm at 92% with 25 minutes to go. For reference, I have Comcast 25/mbps plan and I'm in the midwest.

oatmeal

Banned
I can't wait for everyone to finally get it going and realize how fucking awful it is.

I hope it's good, though...I want it, too.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
I feel bad for those who bought it last night and are still downloading.

I pulled the trigger just moments after the price dropped today and I'm at 92% with 25 minutes to go. For reference, I have Comcast 25/mbps plan and I'm in the midwest.

People who started earlier seem to have gotten fucked more. Feels like everyone's finishing up within the same hour or so regardless of when they started. Sucks. What is going on with Nintendo's servers?

Taxman

So what does one have to do to get the 10 dollar refund? Are they only going to refund the people who complain, or everybody who purchased it before the price change?

Mrbob

Downloading from the eshop is like a game in itself. Unfortunately, it is a bad game. :(

Either my connection has gone into the crapper lately or Nintendo is throttling download speeds. A download that should only take me 90 minutes is taking over 8 hours. To make matters worse, there is install time as well.

I'll just have to plan to play eshop purchases a day later from now on.

Downloading from the eshop is like a game in itself. Unfortunately, it is a bad game. :(

Either my connection has gone into the crapper lately or Nintendo is throttling download speeds. A download that should only take me 90 minutes is taking over 8 hours. To make matters worse, there is install time as well.

I'll just have to plan to play eshop purchases a day later from now on.

i wonder if it is not based on torrent everyone gets a little bit to prove it we all live in different regions with fast speed differences yet finishing at the same time

it is like they wont let you finish until the slowest of of does

So...apologies if this has been answered, but has there been any speculation at all that this will come to other consoles? Kind of an achievement OCD whore, so I don't want to double dip.

Top Bottom