• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

Sanic

The world in this is great, it feels so dense. I actually enjoy exploring it, unlike in almost every other open world game I've played.

Yes Boss!

Beat after three days straight. Epic ending. I'm at about 20 hours and 20%. Decided to take a helicopter and just fly all around the cite. Wholly shit there is shit do do on every rooftop. Gonna be months before I 100% it.

AzaK

Well my mate's just purchased this for me for my upcoming birthday so I'm pretty stoked. I watched gamexplain's 20ish minute video today and it just got me more hyped.

It is really that awesome, really recommend the game.

I have trouble with motorcycles and the little modest cars. Turning with some of this cars is a pain, specially U turn. The better cars i think handle fine.

But this game rocks, it is the best game I have so far for Wii U.

Berg

pretty awesome when you smash up your car then the engine is exposed, and you can see the pistons firing up and down.

Effect

Beat after three days straight. Epic ending. I'm at about 20 hours and 20%. Decided to take a helicopter and just fly all around the cite. Wholly shit there is shit do do on every rooftop. Gonna be months before I 100% it.

When one considers just how much is in the game the loading speeds don't seem that bad if it's loading up the entire city every time you back to it.

popeutlal

Alright, this game is amazing awesome. It's so relaxing and simply fun at anything you're doing in the game. It's like a fun version of the last GTA game.

How many chapters are in this game, I just finished the kung full chapter.

Xellos

Finished the story last night. The ending was amazing; a truly satisfying conclusion to an excellent game.

Now to try for 100%. Lego City's desgn is superb. Every block is unique. All of them have hidden secrets. The amount of optional content is ridiculous. If you like exploration in your open world games, then I can not recommend Lego City highly enough.

JCH!

Just got to
Apollo Island
, sounds like I'm finally going to get a new costume. It's been a while since I got the last one!

thomaser

Finally got the last usable costume today. So now I can do all the things I couldn't do before! Great feeling, although I'm afraid it will sidetrack me a lot from the last couple of missions.

Only ability I don't like much is the
paint gun.
It's so irritating to always have to run around and look for the right
paint dispensers
, especially for the voluntary quests around town.

So does every costume you get have an actual use or are most of them just for show because I'm not really seeing the point of equipping any of them except the main ones you get in the story. I'm only on the 5th chapter so far btw.

Xellos

Only ability I don't like much is the
paint gun.
It's so irritating to always have to run around and look for the right
paint dispensers
, especially for the voluntary quests around town.

There is a red brick in the Uptown area that fixes this. It is near a
toy shop with two rockets on either side of the sign. You'll need green paint to activate the rockets, and the astronaut suit for a teleporter. The red brick unlocks the super paint gun, which cycles between colors, so no more looking for paint stations
. I agree that it is irritating before finding that unlockable.

So does every costume you get have an actual use or are most of them just for show because I'm not really seeing the point of equipping any of them except the main ones you get in the story. I'm only on the 5th chapter so far btw.

There is one with an actual use.

There is a red brick in the Uptown area that fixes this. It is near a
toy shop with two rockets on either side of the sign. You'll need green paint to activate the rockets, and the astronaut suit for a teleporter. The red brick unlocks the super paint gun, which cycles between colors, so no more looking for paint stations
. I agree that it is irritating before finding that unlockable.
Hallelujah! Headed directly there next.

Xellos

Cant you use parts of the secondary costumes to change the look of your main ones? There is the line up room next to where you buy costumes.

I haven't tried mixing up secondary costumes, but I think you're correct. I was saying that one of the secondary costumes grants a new ability necessary for accessing certain secrets.

NFreak

The starting load times are brutal. In my review I think the initial load took like 36 seconds or something while the load after you get to the main menu is over a minute long.

BioHazard

"Honey, you're facing the wrong way on the horse!"

"Oh! So that's why he didn't like it when I fed him that apple!"

oh this game

KevinCow

Banned
Does the game ever stop nagging me to go to the next mission? I just want to explore a bit, jesus. But I get a call every few minutes telling me where I need to go next.

Also annoying: the flashing text that reminds me of basic game mechanics that I've been doing for hours now.

Does the game ever stop nagging me to go to the next mission? I just want to explore a bit, jesus. But I get a call every few minutes telling me where I need to go next.

Also annoying: the flashing text that reminds me of basic game mechanics that I've been doing for hours now.

ha yea, that was a bit annoying, I believe the controller even vibrates.

zigg

Me last night: "Sorry I'm late for bed, dear; I had to save LEGO City from destruction."

My wife and kids have had a few days off this week and they've been desperately trying to catch up to me. But then they get that wanderlust… it's a lost cause 😄

Yup, that's a pain, and it seems to be getting worse near the end of the game. That, or I'm finally feeling able to do everything I find, so the pull to ignore the missions is stronger.

Are you at the beginning? Most calls I get (when not on a mission) have to be taken manually by tapping the icon on the screen

DrWong

About the 3DS prequel: http://www.marketwire.com/press-rel...r-cop-in-lego-city-undercover-the-1775071.htm

With this in mind, and beginning the week after the launch of the game, Nintendo of Europe will be releasing unlock codes for extra Chase McCain costumes on its Nintendo 3DS Facebook and Twitter accounts, including a mime artist and a zombie, to ensure Chase can remain anonymous wherever he goes! In addition, within the game you have the chance to collect over 70 minifigures that are assigned to the different disguise categories, opening up the possibility to play as some of the more unusual characters of LEGO CITY.

addyb

My mate bought the game yesterday and said his audio on the character voices keep cutting out or missing entirely on cutscenes. Never had the issue myself but has anyone else?

If so just wondered if their is any fix of sorts.

My mate bought the game yesterday and said his audio on the character voices keep cutting out or missing entirely on cutscenes. Never had the issue myself but has anyone else?

If so just wondered if their is any fix of sorts.

Does he have the volume set too low on the tablet controller? Some of the voices come from that.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Are you at the beginning? Most calls I get (when not on a mission) have to be taken manually by tapping the icon on the screen
Yeah you have to take the all manually but it does ring to remind you to take the call. I'm glad I'm finished the game so I can explore in peace.

zigg

Does he have the volume set too low on the tablet controller? Some of the voices come from that.
This, but also note that if you turn the Gamepad volume all the way down, the voices will actually play through the TV. This is really handy for when I'm playing at night with headphones.

Other than that, no, I've never heard a voice cut out.

Yeah you have to take the all manually but it does ring to remind you to take the call. I'm glad I'm finished the game so I can explore in peace.
I went off in the middle of chapter 13 (I think), just before a special assignment, because I had quit at that point the night before. I spent the next night just doing random crap in the city and Chase kept saying "I need to get back on the case." ARGH

I went off in the middle of chapter 13 (I think), just before a special assignment, because I had quit at that point the night before. I spent the next night just doing random crap in the city and Chase kept saying "I need to get back on the case." ARGH

Yes! I've been running around unlocking side stuff because I hate to complete story and then have to retread just to see the cool stuff, and it's really annoying to see Honey constantly popping up asking me to
rescue him

Has anyone else discovered the
Lego store
yet? It was a nice touch that you could actually
build giant models in there

Pitmonkey

Is there anyway to run sound through both headphones AND the HDMI to the TV? Seems as if you plug into the earphone jack all output sounds are canceled.

v0mitg0d

So the game has been out for a few weeks and I'm curious what you folks think of the game? Pros and cons? Do the load times get any better, or does it not really matter?

I'm on the fence...

zigg

Is there anyway to run sound through both headphones AND the HDMI to the TV? Seems as if you plug into the earphone jack all output sounds are canceled.
So wait, you hook up the headphones to the Gamepad and it cancels all sound output to the TV, and pipes it all through to the headphones? I've been using wireless headphones connected to my TV, but this intrigues me.

So the game has been out for a few weeks and I'm curious what you folks think of the game? Pros and cons? Do the load times get any better, or does it not really matter?
I think you can get a good idea reading the last few pages of the thread. Really fantastic game that does a lot of things right. Load times are a pain but they're only for a very few key moments.

CoolS

I'm on the fence...

Yeah the thread has been really positive on the game. Almost everyone falls in love with it. We've had a couple people that didn't like it but that was mainly due to the fact that it is a LEGO game, which means it is not THAT challenging.

The loading times are pretty bad in the beginning (just started it on Tuesday) but I have the feeling there are less and less as I've been progressing.

Schnozberry

I've had a blast with it thus far. The game is legit funny and I've come to appreciate the fact that not all the humor is aimed at everyone. My wife and daughter laugh at different parts than I do, and that's ok. It's really a good family game. I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it as much prior to getting married and having a kid.

Top Bottom