• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

So according to some dude on Eurobricks that reports from the Toy fair,

Jabba's Sail barge is a 99$ set!!! This lets me hope that it will actually turn out more decent than we thought at first.

Naka

I wonder what the heck this means... It kind of scares me a bit!

Series 10 of the Collectable Minifigs will be gold and in the series will be golden minifigs hidden to find, expect this series to be massive

beje

Banned
Aaaaaand my pink brick box arrived. It really gives a nicer colour selection to my collection of random pieces and it's actually much bigger than I expected so it will be great for storing bricks and big plates while I keep the smaller stuff better organized in the toolbox. Only thing I don't like is that the included door and windows are twice width (2x4x6 and 2x4x3) but otherwise it was a really good deal for the money.

ruxtpin

Banned
Get Pet Shop now and Cinema later, you probably have like 2 years left to get that one at least, skip Rancor+Jabba's Palace as they are not essential imo then get the Sail Barge later on as well!

There i just saved you lots of money (for now anyway) :pPP

I've gotta' cut back some (for just a bit anyways). I'm purchasing a clear-bra for my car, which will run me about 800 dollars - so Lego has to take a back seat for a couple of months. I do have the SSD and Death Star in the closet though, so I should be good.

I wonder what the heck this means... It kind of scares me a bit!

pretty simple, it means that your wallet and your bank account are going to get raped.

BTW, anyone in Canada with some duplicated minifigures and want to trade?
I have an extra police man and knight from series 9

Vyer

The wife picked up the Batman Mr Freeze set for me. Nice and chrap too, at 20$. I look forward to putting that one together. Perhaps my Batman sets should be put together first from the move.

The bat boat thing is actually pretty nice, and the 'ice cage' is a good touch. Shame about Aquaman's head though.

ghostmind

Brickset report part 1

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=5557

Series 10 CMF
I don't know the full details but it seems there is going to be one 'golden figure' in each box and kids are encouraged to 'hunt the gold figure'.

Creator
31012, Family House, £60 I believe, modern design two-storey house, white with tan window frames. Dark red and brown 33deg. roof 2 minifigs, small car. Alternative models are a villa and a small factory
31011, Aviation Adventures, price t.b.a., yellow, white and blue single prop plate, alternate models are a helicopter and a speedboat. The lady showing them to us was stating how a minifig can be put in each modes, but the set doesn't actually come with one.
31010, Treehouse, price t.b.a., a very nice looking set: a 16x32 baseplate, tree, white treehouse, 1 minifig

Technic
42001, Mini Off-roader, a very small model but with full suspension, orange body
42005, Monster Truck, large wheels, hefty tyres, red body, full suspension. Not to my taste but it looked quite cool
42008, Service Truck, £100, absolutely fantastic rescue vehicle, the sort you might see rescuing a lorry from the motorway. Green body, red highlights. Power functions, with motorised lift and outriggers.
42009, Mobile Crane Mk II, £150. A ten wheeled moster of a mobile crane which looks superb. Said to be the largest Technic model ever in terms of number of pieces. It's equipped with Power Functions, including one of the new style motors, which look as if they operate all aspects of the crane's movement. I've gone off large Technic models a bit lately, but this is one I will definitely be getting.

ruxtpin

Banned
It's gonna be like the search for the Golden Ticket. Madness I won't engage in!

If you're lucky enough to get one of the golden men Lego will let you visit their factory with a handful of other folks. You'll get a personal tour by someone giving off a slight pedo-vibe. He'll sing you some songs. You'll sing him some songs. What he will fail to tell you is that he's manufactured some 'accidents' here and there, but if you pass the test then you're the new owner of the Lego company!

ghostmind

JC9icIk.jpg

Jordan Schwartz, of Rhode Island, earned an internship at LEGO straight out of high school. Nineteen years old, Jordan was the initial designer of the Palace Cinema. He is no longer with LEGO.

Mobile Crane Mk II sounds amazing. I am lucky that I didn't buy the first one off eBay at a premium. It will be great if the 'new style motor' means the servo. I will be skipping the 9398 but I need a servo motor.

Edit: The Service Truck supposedly has pneumatics. Would be great it the set had an air tank.

Yeah after reading this thread I bought Hillside House, the 3-in-1 Lighthouse, fistfuls of minifigs and the damn Fire Brigade. There should be some sort of financial disclaimer in the topic. LMAO

LegoGAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets.

If you're lucky enough to get one of the golden men Lego will let you visit their factory with a handful of other folks. You'll get a personal tour by someone giving off a slight pedo-vibe. He'll sing you some songs. You'll sing him some songs. What he will fail to tell you is that he's manufactured some 'accidents' here and there, but if you pass the test then you're the new owner of the Lego company!

I would fail the test. I would be the one trying to hoard LEGO pieces and end up falling into a lake of painfully sharp high quality ABS bricks face first.

It looks like Series 11 of the Minifigure Collection will have a golden version of a figure in each box of 60. Lego finally introducing a chase figure.

God save us all...

I really hope it is only one mold used for the golden figure. Because if they make gold versions of all 16 and make them that rare it will be pandemonium.

The part where the fat kid gets sucked up in the chocolate pipe? that would turn into a meat grinder with lego bricks and a strong current....

ghostmind

Brickset is saying the golden figure will start with Series 11.

I'm not sure if it will be Series 10 or 11 now, because I've read both. Series 10 will have the gold-colored theme.

If there is one unique gold-colored minifig, then I'll buy a box and sell off the extras. If it is a series of gold-colored minifigs - one per box - then forget it.

Left work sick today. Stopped by Target for some soup and tea and decided to get myself the Daily Bugle Showdown set. Now to just hide it from my wife until she is asleep and I can build it then strip it for parts.

So according to some dude on Eurobricks that reports from the Toy fair,

Jabba's Sail barge is a 99$ set!!! This lets me hope that it will actually turn out more decent than we thought at first.

That price point actually lowers my hope of it being good. $99 is on the low end and if I recall, the previous Jabba's Sail Barge had a higher price tag on it. Really disappointed now.

Ponn

Banned
Man I LOVE Lord of the Rings and though Battle of Helms Deep was a good set the rest are just uninspiring walls or rocks to me. My only hope is Orthanc. I mean seriously, I got walls with Battle of Helms deep and now the one set that looks semi-intriguing to me in the next wave is, another damn wall. And when I think LoTR I don't think pirate ship, its just such an odd choice and seems like a "Well what do we have we can slap LoTR on" decision. Alright done ranting about LoTR.

I'm still really interested in Monster Fighters but can't decide between Haunted House or Vampyres Castle and a couple other sets like Ghost Train (I love the ghost train, wish it was cheaper minus the plane)

I'm seriously thinking of foregoing the future LoTR sets to start the Superhero sets though. Sets are priced really good (20 a piece for Arctic Batman set and Lex set with WW and Supes figure!).

ghostmind

That price point actually lowers my hope of it being good. $99 is on the low end and if I recall, the previous Jabba's Sail Barge had a higher price tag on it. Really disappointed now.

2006's Sail barge was 781pcs for £59.99/$74.99USD, so we are still looking ok for this one. We'll know for sure come NY Toy Fair I think.

ghostmind

Brickset report part 2

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=5559

City
The new City sub-themes for later in the year are coast guard and cargo airport. The coast guard sets are, apparently, slightly juniorised and aimed at a younger audience. They do appear to comprise mostly large single-use pieces (boat hulls, aircraft cockpits etc.) The coast guard vehicles in the sets are white and orange with blue accents. The five sets are:

60011, Surfer Rescue, jet ski, 2 figs, shark
60012, 4x4 and diving boat, 2 figs
60013, Coast Guard helicopter. This looked like the the most interesting of the five, the helicopter uses a new cockpit piece that, while juniorised, looks pretty good. The helicopter is rescuing a wind surfer. 2 figs.
60015, Coast Guard Plane, seaplane rescuing fishing boat, 3 figs.
60014, Coast Guard Patrol, the largest set, quite a lot in this one: large floating boat, RIB, rock and lighthouse, small helicopter, sharks.
The cargo airport sets were far more interesting. They are green and white.

60019, stunt plane, is actually a bit out of place because it doesn't really go with the rest of the sets in terms of theme or colour. It'll be £10 and features a black/red/white single-prop plane and a small ground support vehicle.
60020, cargo truck, £25 is a 'great vehicle': a 6-wheeled truck, an excellent orange fork lift truck and a couple of pallets. A superb set by the looks of it.
60021, Cargo heliplane, £25, features the new cockpit piece also used in the coast guard helicopter and had end-of-wing mounted rotors. It looks to be supporting forest logging operations as the set comes with logs and a guy with a chainsaw.
60022, Cargo Terminal, £70, contains an absolutely huge cargo plane, the largest LEGO has made by the looks of things, at least 40 studs long I would estimate. It also contains various ground support vehicles, including a conveyer truck for loading the pallets, and also a control tower.

Finally for City, 60023 is an interesting 'City Starter Set' which contains a ambulance, fire engine, a police motorbike and 5 minifigs, all for just £20. I think this is the first time we've seen all three emergency services in one set, isn't it? Shame it didn't also have a coast guard vehicle and an AA van in it, too :)

Chima
..in June...

70107, Skunk Attack, features Skinnet the skunk, as seen in episode 1 of the TV series
70108, Royal Roost, contains Laval
70109, Whirling vines, contains Gorzan, from the gorilla tribe.
70114, another starter set contains Eris and Rawsom, who might is a new character, or might have just been Rawzom spelled incorrectly.
The six 'buildable figures' looked absolutely terrible, IMO. A cross between the Ben 10 and the Super Heroes ones. They are out in August. I'll say no more about them...

There are four more Chima sets out in August, which look a whole lot better:

70009 Worriz' Combat Lair, £60, is a 8 wheeled contraption that breaks into 5 sections. It comes with 6 figs: Eris, Grizzam, Windra, Wakz, Wilhurt and Worriz.
70007, Eglor’s Twin Bike, £20, is a neat looking 2-wheeled vehicle being chased by Razcal in a small helicopter
70008, Gorzan's Jungle Striker, £50, is a gorilla-like mecha which looks pretty cool. It comes with 4 minifigs: Rizzo, Gorzan, Gardo, G'Loona, who's a female.
Finally, 70010, the Lion Chi Temple, £100 is an impressive looking structure which won a best toy award today. You can see pictures of it here. It comes with7 figs: Lagravis, Laval, Longtooth, Eris (she seems to crop up everywhere, doesn't she!), Cragger, Crawley and Razar.

Then in September, there are three more Speedorz:

70110, Tower Target, containing Grizzam
70111, Swamp Jump, containing Furty, who appears to be a fox
70112, Croc Jump, containing Crug.

Gorillas, a skunk, a bear, a fox and a rhino(?).

I'm not sure if it will be Series 10 or 11 now, because I've read both. Series 10 will have the gold-colored theme.

If there is one unique gold-colored minifig, then I'll buy a box and sell off the extras. If it is a series of gold-colored minifigs - one per box - then forget it.

Yes, 16 golden figures would simply be unaffordable. I agree one golden minifig will be enough for LEGO to sell even more collectible minifigs. I'm sure resellers will buy boatloads of boxes and flood the after market with series 10 or 11 minifigs.

The other question is if the gold figure will be a unique mold so you can feel it out, or if it is truly luck of the draw. I hope it is luck of the draw personally.

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
JC9icIk.jpg

Jordan Schwartz, of Rhode Island, earned an internship at LEGO straight out of high school. Nineteen years old, Jordan was the initial designer of the Palace Cinema. He is no longer with LEGO.

Wait, what?

He was in that LEGO AFOL documentary posted a few pages back.

Left work sick today. Stopped by Target for some soup and tea and decided to get myself the Daily Bugle Showdown set. Now to just hide it from my wife until she is asleep and I can build it then strip it for parts.

I know now I have found kindered souls on this board. I sometimes take the bags out of the box and throw it out before I get home so I can hid them from the wife before it is assimilated into the collective.

I know now I have found kindered souls on this board. I sometimes take the bags out of the box and throw it out before I get home so I can hid them from the wife before it is assimilated into the collective.

Lol. I took my scolding like a man. Also it will be way worse if she catches you.

Top Bottom