• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

My guess is $26. What are you planning on getting?

Oh, and what I was going off of earlier:

Found those on google. Tell me that would not be a cool line!

I with you on this. They could do a glow in the dark print like they did with mummy in Monster Fighters. If not, they could sell the sets with blacklights. :)

Dark Side Anakin is from an EP3 set (Palpatine's Arrest), not a Clone Wars set.

This:
B4DmF7i.jpg

Vs. This:
q2FVqt5.jpg

Shaak Ti is one of the better CW minifigs (though her eyes are still huge). Some of the aliens integrate pretty well into non-CW.

Make it go away!!! I didn't notice right away when I started collecting, but as soon as my friend pointed it out, I can't not see it.

The last few months I have been getting back into Lego collecting/building again (you know, itch, scratch, repeat);
Anyway, I got my buddy to come over and bring all his lego stuff from his childhood over to my house. Well... It was a mess! So we sorted everything! Took us about 3 days now
to get his giant bins all sorted out (still have a giant bin of flat pieces to stack, but are waiting since he doesn't want to).

I will just let the photos do the talking -

I was screaming in my head, "SORT THEM!". Then I saw the later photos and was relieved. Nice setup! As you can tell, I'm not in the mix the bags camp. I don't sort the pieces of the bags though before building.

The "Springtime Scene" poly (set 40052) is apparently now available in UK LEGO stores. Have not heard about it in NA yet.

I like that poly a lot. I like that it gives you a lot of interesting pieces and as shown on brickset, those flower pieces can be useful.

Neat, but how the hell would you connect it to anything else after that?

Haha. True. I assume it's if you wanted to connect any of the inverted pieces to other pieces with studs on top. I currently don't have a use for it, but I can imagine using it for adding greeble. If not, you can make a burger with two tops.

First building and all the random loose stuff of the Medieval Market Village finished, but I'm taking a break now. My back isn't killing me just yet, but it's getting in touch with hitmen.

It's obviously not as refined as the Fire Brigade, but the woodwork is quite impressive and there's plenty of detail. I'm leaving the stickers off for now, I'm thinking of making some of my own. I'll also be populating this with my fantasy figures, so I reversed the entire building to fit better with the floor plan I have in mind.

R-User!

Neat, but how the hell would you connect it to anything else after that?

In between a frame, hobbit window style? Or framed in general?

Edit: scratch what I just said: I don't think that the drop-in-between-two-frames approach would work well or at all, and I don't think that it would look very good necessarily either. But maybe you could do what the poster above said, and use it to join two male joints on other Lego pieces...

Fxp

Any Spanish LEGO fans lurking in this topic, especially from Barcelona? I'm in town until Sunday and interested in buying a few sets since they're cheaper than in rest of Europe. Any retail places I should visit that could offer the same prices as Spanish Amazon?

Okay then, another trip to Bricklink to customize my builds. Ordered pieces to change the blue building to tan (like the stables) and to make a new flag for the fire station.

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing :D

Just joined the VIP club or whatever you call it. Ordered 6 Series 9 figures and a bunch of pick-a-brick stuff to make minifigures. 4 Police officers and 7 Criminals with a few weapons for a total of $18. 11 Figs for $18 is not bad at all!

Now I don't have to buy a few of those $10 for Two cops and Two Criminals to get my crew together. Oh, and I got the free police helicopter as well. I'm off to a good start, I'd say.
3AQmK.gif

ghostmind

I was hoping the Malibu mansion would be more substantial, but they seem to be consciously keeping the price & piece count low on the summer superhero sets.

And where is
Iron Patriot?

And what is with Hobo Mandarin?

EDIT: Looking at them some more, they are disappointing overall. If I'm going to pick them up just for the minifigs, at least I'm glad they are cheap.

ghostmind

76006 Iron Man: Extremis Sea Port Battle $20
76007 Iron Man: Malibu Mansion Attack $40
76008 Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown $13

rataven

Yay, I got my keychain today too! What a nice little surprise from Lego. The VIP program really has turned out to be something special.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I dig through and build all the minifigs, even on the sets where they try to make you build certain figs with each bag.

The figures must oversee the construction.

You guys are all nuts. It is all about developing the situation (the build), then placing the characters in it.

I bought Desert Skiff for exactly the same reason, and Boba was the final step. I like saving the fun part for last!

Just completed the ground floor of the Fire Brigade and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only two slight issues were the non-brick built stairs and the tree.

Just completed the ground floor of the Fire Brigade and thoroughly enjoyed it. Only two slight issues were the non-brick built stairs and the tree.
The tree is incredibly fragile. And what issue did you have with the stairs? Adding the second one on?

Started to try my steam punk ship MOC. Have a complete brain blockage. Want to build, but have no clue how to progress with it.

The tree is incredibly fragile. And what issue did you have with the stairs? Adding the second one on?

Started to try my steam punk ship MOC. Have a complete brain blockage. Want to build, but have no clue how to progress with it.

No issues with the build, just that I would have preferred the stairs be brick built. I have been spending time in the Digital Designer to check if there is a way to build similar looking stairs with the same final length and height.

No issues with the build, just that I would have preferred the stairs be brick built. I have been spending time in the Digital Designer to check if there is a way to build similar looking stairs with the same final length and height.
It is easy to build stairs the same height and all. It is just not quite as stable unless it is built into the wall or anchored to it at some point. The way I got it one time was using 2x2 inverted slopes with 1x4 plates on each one.

Looks like there's a new debate:
Minifigs First or Build First​
Previous debates:
Mix Bags or Don't Mix Bags​
Sort Before Building or No Sorting​

-----------------

Looking at the pricing of the new Iron Man sets
http://toysnbricks.com/lego-ironman-superheroes-sets-2013-76008-76007-76006/

That magical $20 set is the best value as we've seen in all the $20 super hero sets so far IMO.

If you are a completionist, you only need the $20 and $13 USD to get the 2 new Iron Man armor sets.
You get the hobo/bum as a bonus in $13 set: LEGO Iron Man vs. The Mandarin: Ultimate Showdown (76008) and of course, TWO flick missiles! Sweeeeet!
Is that the first time they had that beard in black?

I am late to the disappointment party but...

God! What a disappointment!!! The ONLY set i am even considering is indeed the boat one here but ...ugh :(

I knew the mansion was gonna be small with that price point but this isn't even a mansion, it's a couple windows :((((

wetflame

Pizza Dog
That $20 Iron Man and War Machine set looks great, will absolutely pick that up. Shame it'll basically be twice the price over here in the UK though, if I only I could get it shipped over for cheap! Same with the Wolverine Chopper Showdown. Obviously the only course of action is to go to America.

wetwired

I'll buy the sea battle and mandarin one (just for the alternate iron man suit) and that'll do me I think, bit disappointing really, I hope the man of steel ones fair better

Anyone think Capt. America will show up in another Super Heroes set sometime soon?

If not, then my only option to get him will be to pick up that dreadful Avenging Cycle set for full price i guess since it never really goes on sale on Amazon :(

wetwired

Anyone think Capt. America will show up in another Super Heroes set sometime soon?

If not, then my only option to get him will be to pick up that dreadful Avenging Cycle set for full price i guess since it never really goes on sale on Amazon :(

not until Captain American 2 or Avengers 2 at least and then it'll likely have a different suit. The set is cheap at least, I hate the character but I bought that set anyway just to complete the avengers.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yuck... that mandarin figure... prime example of the limitations of LEGO. They can only paint in broad strokes with their minfigure designs. It's really hard to capture the mandarin the way they designed him for the film with traditional parts. They really should have done custom beard or something for him... but I guess that was more than they were willing to try.

Look at all the custom beards they made for the Hobbit stuff though...

Top Bottom