• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

You know, that's a good question. I'd guess probably both? Just as long as you have your VIP card. And if you opt for store pickup, you'll probably have to ask an employee for Palace Cinema, as I'd assume they'd keep the sets in the back until the official release on March 1st.

Right on. I'm going to call my store. Thanks for the info.

How long did it take?

It's such a nice set-I am glad that there isn't a ton of detail on the inside as I never take the floors apart.

I am working on Town Hall right now and am realizing that I don't have a plan to display it with the other modulars.... I think I am going to have a serious sit down with the wife tonight about it. We have a big brick fireplace and that mantle deserves a town.

Good luck. I tried the same thing and my wife actually likes LEGO's and builds them with me.

Was there any talk ever of Lego picking up Tron?

My gf and I were just watching Tron Legacy again on FX, and I figured that it could be a great line, especially with another movie in development. Bunches of vehicles, great looking sets, and a ton of cool looking characters. It could be a cool line, IMO.

Was there any talk ever of Lego picking up Tron?

My gf and I were just watching Tron Legacy again on FX, and I figured that it could be a great line, especially with another movie in development. Bunches of vehicles, great looking sets, and a ton of cool looking characters. It could be a cool line, IMO.

Every set should be filled with glowing pieces. Watch them give us six pages of stickers.

So I noticed that my awesome Crayon bank was full, so naturally I decided I need to empty it out to roll it and use the money on a Lego set! Any guesses on how much was in there?
(note: all coins are pennies, nickles, dimes, quarters, and one dollar coin)

blpRc4X.jpg

So I noticed that my awesome Crayon bank was full, so naturally I decided I need to empty it out to roll it and use the money on a Lego set! Any guesses on how much was in there?

blpRc4X.jpg

My guess is $26. What are you planning on getting?

Oh, and what I was going off of earlier:

Found those on google. Tell me that would not be a cool line!

All the Clone Wars hate hurts my soul. There's some great sets there AND mini figures. A particular favorite is Shaak Ti

mx6tw8xdM5RJod7v5BjqcmA_zps7e0568e0.jpg

dark side Anakin

7892046576_174760ff51_zpsdc83b274.jpg

Among others.

ghostmind

All the Clone Wars hate hurts my soul. There's some great sets there AND mini figures. A particular favorite is Shaak Ti

mx6tw8xdM5RJod7v5BjqcmA_zps7e0568e0.jpg

dark side Anakin

7892046576_174760ff51_zpsdc83b274.jpg

Among others.

Dark Side Anakin is from an EP3 set (Palpatine's Arrest), not a Clone Wars set.

This:
B4DmF7i.jpg

Vs. This:
q2FVqt5.jpg

Shaak Ti is one of the better CW minifigs (though her eyes are still huge). Some of the aliens integrate pretty well into non-CW.

Gotta say honestly, I really have no issue with those Clone Wars eyes and probably wouldn't have noticed had it not been pointed out above.

I have to get myself that Shaak Ti minifig.

All the coins in that picture came to
$65.45
. And since I was rolling the coins I added some more spare change so the rolls would come out even and now my total is
$74.50
!! Not sure what to buy yet but it seems that I will have some good options to choose from.

For around that price range:
Ghost Train
Quinjet
Bug Obliterator
Mini Modualrs

For a bit more:
Vampyre Castle
Sopwith Camel
VW Camper
Horizon Express

For around that price range:
Ghost Train
Quinjet
Bug Obliterator
Mini Modualrs

For a bit more:
Vampyre Castle
Sopwith Camel
VW Camper
Horizon Express

If I didn't already have the Mini Modulars it would be a no brainer. I really want the VW Camper... Probably going to go for that one but I wish it was like $20 cheaper.

If I didn't already have the Mini Modulars it would be a no brainer. I really want the VW Camper... Probably going to go for that one but I wish it was like $20 cheaper.

Do you have VIP points to cash in? Either way, that stack of change will take a big chunk out of the price.

Oh, and the VW is worth every single penny. God tier set.

The last few months I have been getting back into Lego collecting/building again (you know, itch, scratch, repeat);
Anyway, I got my buddy to come over and bring all his lego stuff from his childhood over to my house. Well... It was a mess! So we sorted everything! Took us about 3 days now
to get his giant bins all sorted out (still have a giant bin of flat pieces to stack, but are waiting since he doesn't want to).

I will just let the photos do the talking -
Starting with the giant bins!

20130204_225444_zps5bde840c.jpg
20130204_225452_zpsf42aa925.jpg

(they were in the garage at his parents house, so that was some water from snow on the floor... relevant? I do believe so!)

Next is piles and piles of Lego!

20130204_225459_zpsaac7756d.jpg

Start!

20130205_024900_zps6f7e2518.jpg

Getting there...

20130206_232845_zpsb17f26bd.jpg

Finishing!!

20130207_014228_zps9942c43f.jpg

Finally, the entire lego room finished

20130207_035446_zps61b0ff30.jpg
20130207_035524_zpsdce07c6a.jpg

20130207_035511_zps355db4b7.jpg
20130207_035520_zps8acac8b6.jpg

robjoh

The last few months I have been getting back into Lego collecting/building again (you know, itch, scratch, repeat);
Anyway, I got my buddy to come over and bring all his lego stuff from his childhood over to my house. Well... It was a mess! So we sorted everything! Took us about 3 days now
to get his giant bins all sorted out (still have a giant bin of flat pieces to stack, but are waiting since he doesn't want to).

Impressed, most of my Lego is for the moment at my brothers house so I have no real need for a sorting system but will soon try to do something similar but with more mobile sorting equipment.

For childhood Legos these all look extremely clean, like new to me from what i can see in these pictures, mine are very dirty and used, i had to clean them but they still look pretty bad ;) you must have taken good care of your stuff as a boy!

wetwired

I'd love a dedicated lego room, Since as early as I can remember I always had fantasy plans for a house in my head if I won the lotto or something. Lately a large lego building and display room has been added :p

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
When Europe finally does get Galaxy Squad in summer, are we at least getting both waves together or the first one first and then we gotta wait longer for the second?

I'd heard from the London Toy Fair coverage we were getting both waves released at the sametime as each other. Sounds a bit odd and defeats the prupose of waves as a whole, but hopefully it's true!

Fake edit- here you go actually. Not until August apparently but both at the same time http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=5562

R-User!

blpRc4X.jpg

125 bucks

Edit: I see it was $64 so I was half way there... Hope you enjoy whatever set you get.

I'd heard from the London Toy Fair coverage we were getting both waves released at the sametime as each other. Sounds a bit odd and defeats the prupose of waves as a whole, but hopefully it's true!

Fake edit- here you go actually. Not until August apparently but both at the same time http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=5562

Thanks! That way we got something to look forward to in Summer :) until then, the backlog calls!

Tax return this year is paying for the trip to New Orleans in April. As much as I want to go splurge and get Palace Cinema in a week or two, I really, really need to save for the trip.

Unless the tax return is a beast, then Palace Cinema be mine!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
UK-LEGO GAF: What sort of places sell polybags? I went into the Lego store at Westfield Stratford the other day, and while it was full of awesome I didn't see any polybags for sale. Do they tend to come out as limited runs every so often? The only place I've ever seen them available is free with The Sun.

Tax return this year is paying for the trip to New Orleans in April. As much as I want to go splurge and get Palace Cinema in a week or two, I really, really need to save for the trip.

Unless the tax return is a beast, then Palace Cinema be mine!

Officially jelly, haven't been there since I was a kid. Enjoy it and eat some beignets for me!

How long did it take?

It's such a nice set-I am glad that there isn't a ton of detail on the inside as I never take the floors apart.

I am working on Town Hall right now and am realizing that I don't have a plan to display it with the other modulars.... I think I am going to have a serious sit down with the wife tonight about it. We have a big brick fireplace and that mantle deserves a town.

Took me six hours active building, which actually is a pretty decent speed considering how damn many pieces there are.

I have to say, I'm not that impressed by the second floor itself, but rather by the detailing of the inventory. Points of note:

* Dat fridge (just a hair too small to include a minifig, which could be fun)
* Dat water barrel
* Dat bell tower (with bat, didn't see that coming)
* Dat 1932 mural
* Dose frog hangers
* Dat brick detailing on the sides (using alternating layers of small pieces to create a pattern, making even the flat walls look interesting)

UK-LEGO GAF: What sort of places sell polybags? I went into the Lego store at Westfield Stratford the other day, and while it was full of awesome I didn't see any polybags for sale. Do they tend to come out as limited runs every so often? The only place I've ever seen them available is free with The Sun.

Not UK, but I only see the polybags (Gandalf, Harry Potter, those small builds) at the checkout at a supermarket, not with the Lego shelves in regular toy stores.

Officially jelly, haven't been there since I was a kid. Enjoy it and eat some beignets for me!

Wife has to go to a conference there, I am just tagging along and we are going a few days early for ourselves. Her half of the trip will be reimbursed though. It is still lame we have to pay it all up front. It would be much easier if her half was paid for immediately.

Took me six hours active building, which actually is a pretty decent speed considering how damn many pieces there are.

I have to say, I'm not that impressed by the second floor itself, but rather by the detailing of the inventory. Points of note:

* Dat fridge (just a hair too small to include a minifig, which could be fun)
* Dat water barrel
* Dat clock tower (with bat, didn't see that coming)
* Dat 1932 mural
* Dose frog hangers
* Dat brick detailing on the sides (using alternating layers of small pieces to create a pattern, making even the flat walls look interesting)

Dat second floor strikes again! So much awesomeness packed into one floor of the building. It really is about how it is built rather than what it looks like once done.

As as for the roof, the 1932 mural was awesome at first, but infuriating on each rebuild. The numbers/letters technique is greatly improved on Pet Shop and Town Hall. It is so much cleaner and simpler on those sets, and a lot easier and stable as well.
And the bat in the bell tower is one of the best things of that set. One of those things you would never know or see unless you built it or went looking for it. Like an easter egg.

rataven

Just filed my tax returns. Time to plan for the 10179, 10228 and 10225.

Great choices! Lots of fun build time right there.

And I feel your pain on 10179. I still have two OOP sets on my wish list, so I think with this year's tax return/work bonus, I'm going to pick up the Christmas Train and possibly the Grand Carousel, provided I can find them for a reasonable aftermarket price. And I'm not entirely confident that I will. :(

Wife has to go to a conference there, I am just tagging along and we are going a few days early for ourselves. Her half of the trip will be reimbursed though. It is still lame we have to pay it all up front. It would be much easier if her half was paid for immediately.

Ah man that stinks, at least you have great food, music, and a awesome city to look forward to.

Ah man that stinks, at least you have great food, music, and a awesome city to look forward to.

Doesn't stink really. I get to go around on my own for a bit, which will be good. I am super excited about the food there, while my wife does not like the type of food down there as much as I do. So I plan on doing some binge eating while there.

Doesn't stink really. I get to go around on my own for a bit, which will be good. I am super excited about the food there, while my wife does not like the type of food down there as much as I do. So I plan on doing some binge eating while there.

Well mainly the whole having to pay up front but yes...very VERY awesome food there.

Top Bottom