• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

meoGACK.jpg

79108 Stagecoach Escape

Welp, I'm guaranteed to purchase this set.

Philia

Our tax return came in finally, so my husband and I treated ourselves some Lego sets! :)

f9K14uw.jpg

Emma's Karate Class caught my eye immediately for being new and he just grabbed it for me lol. I really like the glass panel (its not a sticker!) and the bonsai imitation. And DAT SWORD. I even got another one for an extra. CAN'T PASS THAT UP. Even better, it came with a solid black standard lego head to support that medieval helmet. LOVE this set for the unique pieces along with plenty of reusable ones.

V5hpHWG.jpg

He also grabbed me Mia's Bedroom set, since I was eying it. I didn't have a Mia set since, so her minifig was a new one. The bed itself is totally meh, I can make one better (obviously). I do like the dresser idea and the drum set is cute. Although I'd prefer to get Mia's Magic Tricks next time though.

He also got himself this.

He loved it. He also gotten himself the yellow convertible AND the blue convertible before. And I think he's rebuilding those again for side by side comparisons lmao. Will take a pic later on! :D

The Fire Brigade!

Amazing build.

Loved the Table-Tennis table, the bat, the water tank, cooking range, brick detailing on the first floor exterior and especially the inverted car radiators as detailing for the first floor windows.

Ironmask

late to the party, but i finally found one of those 30-packs boxes we were talking about in december :p:p:p

now i own even this in my collection :)

579774_602027533157602_972479530_n.jpg

ghostmind

The Constitution Train set was designed by Marcos Bessa, the same designer who made Arkham Asylum and the Quinjet! A name to watch I think.

He also made this amazing MOC:

4812544383_b7033bc578_b.jpg

4812560463_e5c3a389b3_b.jpg

meoGACK.jpg

79108 Stagecoach Escape

I like most of the sets a lot, but I am trying to only get one set. This is the set I will get. Both main characters, lots of western figs, new horses, and great looking stagecoach.

More Lone Ranger goodness. This time it's the Stagecoach Escape. Surprisingly, this set is only $30. 5 minifigs, 3 horses, and a nice stagecoach for $30 seems completely reasonable. I think I'm really going to like this Lone Ranger theme, hoping the movie is solid too.

EDIT: Beaten like a dead Lego horse.

I don't thinks it's $30, that price is too good to be true. I see a lot of places stating, £30. If the movie is a flop, we may be able to pick up these great looking sets at a good discount later. :)

captainblye

Neo Member
If you could get one set between the Superman Vs. Lex, and the green Creator Robot, which one is the more fun build? I have enough cash to pick up one of them, and I keep waffling between them.

The Constitution Train set was designed by Marcos Bessa, the same designer who made Arkham Asylum and the Quinjet! A name to watch I think.

Want! That would be a $300+ modular set. Are their any cuusoo project on that scale?

If you could get one set between the Superman Vs. Lex, and the green Creator Robot, which one is the more fun build? I have enough cash to pick up one of them, and I keep waffling between them.

I'm biased because of the Superman and Wonder Woman minifigs. Lex's mech is also more poseable. Creator set has more interesting pieces, but the light green color is very limiting. For pure mech enjoyment, I would go with Superman vs Lex.

4812544383_b7033bc578_b.jpg

He made the Quinjet? I am so there. And knowing he made Arkham means I really need that set now.

Lex set is a cooler build, but the green Power Mech means you could join the moc contest. :)

Ironmask

I don't thinks it's $30, that price is too good to be true. I see a lot of places stating, £30. If the movie is a flop, we may be able to pick up these great looking sets at a good discount later. :)

I remember the Prince of Persia movie being a flop, therefore a week later all the Lego PoP sets at the disney store were 30% off. My bad that at that time i wasn't in Lego as now :(

secret rob

Neo Member
I was afraid I wouldn't get mine even after spending way more than enough. But it came today.

vip.jpg

Now just 5 more days until Palace Cinema!

Philia

Oh no, I figured its going OOP sadly so I'll hit up Amazon with my prime shipping lol. Its really too bad we don't have a Lego store here, the closet one is 4 hours away from here in another state lol.

Couldn't wait for my shipment to get here from Lego.com to get my first lego fix. I was at walmart this morning and got the Monster Fighters Werwolf set.

Yes.

Finished these two:

trjLfr4.jpg

I might put together a video from the pictures I took during the build, if there's interest. I took a picture every other page of instructions or so.

Most of the figures from that Lone Ranger theme could be used for generic Western MOCs, i like that prospect actually... The bandit from CMF series 6 would fit right in there as well!

So do you get those little minifigs if you've spent a certain amount in the year? I got mine in the mail today (Colorado here so yea US too), pretty sweet looking!

Chuckie

So do you get those little minifigs if you've spent a certain amount in the year? I got mine in the mail today (Colorado here so yea US too), pretty sweet looking!

I have no idea. Couple of days I read if you spent 500 in the last year...but I did and I didn't get one so I guess that's not it.. maybe a top-spenders thing.

I have no idea. Couple of days I read if you spent 500 in the last year...but I did and I didn't get one so I guess that's not it.. maybe a top-spenders thing.

I'd be shocked if I was a top spender at that particular store...it's in one of the more nicer parts of town, haha.

One of the staff in Stratford, London said there is more than one criteria to fulfill to get a figure. I'm hoping it's stuff like, redeemed points, visited a store or something most people can do rather than bought X set.

mrkgoo

Our tax return came in finally, so my husband and I treated ourselves some Lego sets! :)

f9K14uw.jpg

Emma's Karate Class caught my eye immediately for being new and he just grabbed it for me lol. I really like the glass panel (its not a sticker!) and the bonsai imitation. And DAT SWORD. I even got another one for an extra. CAN'T PASS THAT UP. Even better, it came with a solid black standard lego head to support that medieval helmet. LOVE this set for the unique pieces along with plenty of reusable ones.

V5hpHWG.jpg

He also grabbed me Mia's Bedroom set, since I was eying it. I didn't have a Mia set since, so her minifig was a new one. The bed itself is totally meh, I can make one better (obviously). I do like the dresser idea and the drum set is cute. Although I'd prefer to get Mia's Magic Tricks next time though.

He also got himself this.

He loved it. He also gotten himself the yellow convertible AND the blue convertible before. And I think he's rebuilding those again for side by side comparisons lmao. Will take a pic later on! :D

That car looks cool. It might come out here too!

I love the blue roadster model.

Here are the cars he built! <3

ZjGTDbt.jpg

Ugh. Stop showing the cool car creator set. I'm trying to resist. The white color makes the pieces very reusable too.

I remember the Prince of Persia movie being a flop, therefore a week later all the Lego PoP sets at the disney store were 30% off. My bad that at that time i wasn't in Lego as now :(

The Battle of Alamut is the nice and you get a camel.

You can find it on Amazon via 3rd party vendors for around MSRP still LOL. I have the magnet set and the ostrich race one for the ostriches. If you only care about minifigs, you can buy the main chars from a magnet set way below MSRP. This was before they started gluing the figs to the magnets thanks to Hasbro.

The princess minifig is nice. The others are decent too.
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Prince-Persia-Figure-Magnet/dp/B003I73S10/ref=sr_1_10?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1360462187&sr=1-10&keywords=prince+of+persia+lego

Couldn't wait for my shipment to get here from Lego.com to get my first lego fix. I was at walmart this morning and got the Monster Fighters Werwolf set.

Yes.

EDIT: Did a quick photoshop on original photo to be more appropriate for this thread.

All sets below $100 are gateway sets to the modulars and UCS sets.

Top Bottom