• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF |OT2|: Building Dreams. Demolishing Wallets

ruxtpin

Banned
There's someone on the Atlanta craigslist posting a Jeff Gordon Megabloks car for sale, but calling it Lego. I should call this asshole out.

Ponn

Banned
Got my Like New Vampyre's Hearse from AWD today. I usually like to put these together during Walking Dead but I couldn't wait till tomorrow and Nightmare Before Christmas was on and it felt right.

Anyways this is my second AWD order, Battle of Helms Deep came pristine. This came in an Amazon Box but you could tell the Vampyre Hearse box was damaged, there was a dent in a corner and the side was taped. Everything was perfect inside though, nothing missing.

N9sCaz5.jpg

And heres finished hearse

Doctor: "You better have Allstate pal"

Lord Vampire: "BLAH! I have Geico, I love that gecko"

Also from pictures and videos I just don't like that glow in the dark sticker on the top. It just seems gaudy and I feel Lord Vampire is a classy type of guy that wouldn't do that to his ride.

I on the other hand have no problem blinging out my new 3DS XL with a glow in dark flaming vampire face.

Also good better news, I came into some monies and am ordering the Ghost Train and Vampyres Castle so next week will be F'ing awesome!

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Stocked up on TONS of white beams and big wall pieces. Will finally make my own theater moc. With proper seating, damnit!

And I couldn't pass on winter village. Used VIP points and only paid $50 for it.

Nice deal. I used my gift cards and VIP point to get my palace cinema, rollback truck and two PAB cups. I only spent 71.71 on all that. I was gonna try and get another set or more PAB but the wife had had enough and it was ridiculous how many people were in the store.

ghostmind

So regarding 60026 Town Square:

8j9PSBz.jpg

The bike shop and pizza shop have been doubled in this build from Copenhagen, so the final kit will only contain half of each building as shown above. Also, the gas station is not included.

So it includes:

bike shop
pizza shop
bus
crane
street sweeper
statue

We'll have a better idea of the final look of the set when they release specific set images, however this is looking like an update of set 7641 City Corner, which wasn't really what I was expecting.

So regarding 60026 Town Square:

8j9PSBz.jpg

The bike shop and pizza shop have been doubled in this build from Copenhagen, so the final kit will only contain half of each building as shown above. Also, the gas station is not included.

So it includes:

bike shop
pizza shop
bus
crane
street sweeper
statue

We'll have a better idea of the final look of the set when they release specific set images, however this is looking like an update of set 7641 City Corner, which wasn't really what I was expecting.

I knew those photos were too good to be true. That stuff looked like it was on a modular level.

Crizume

Neo Member
Doing my weekly check of circular ads it seems Toy R Us is having BOGO 50% off lego this week with the only exclusions being Technic, Legends of Chima, and TMNT.

Heading to Local toy r us early and going to try and get a couple more Hero sets that am missing and see if i can find something to pair Vampire Castle with.

Looking at their website prices most sets seem to RPP but im sure in store they have toy r us tax. I wonder if they will price match their website and do the BOGO 50%. Or if everything will just go up when the sale goes live tom.

Hope its not the last as I will probably pass and hold out for double VIP points.

Doing my weekly check of circular ads it seems Toy R Us is having BOGO 50% off lego this week with the only exclusions being Technic, Legends of Chima, and TMNT.

Heading to Local toy r us early and going to try and get a couple more Hero sets that am missing and see if i can find something to pair Vampire Castle with.

Looking at their website prices most sets seem to RPP but im sure in store they have toy r us tax. I wonder if they will price match their website and do the BOGO 50%. Or if everything will just go up when the sale goes live tom.

Hope its not the last as I will probably pass and hold out for double VIP points.

Knowing TRU, on the website they will flag the "hard to find" stuff as not eligible. Which means no UCS or Modulars for anyone. Of course, it could be a good time to snag Winter Village sets.

Anyways, finished sorting through my 4 large PAB cups. No pics (TOO MUCH STUFF), but the breakdown (all cups were refills, so were only $14.50 each):

Cup 1:
142 1x2 grill tile-White
78 1x2 brown brick
67 1x2 green slope
29 1x2 white brick with clip on side
40 1x2 green brick
167 1x2 brown decorative curves
20 dark grey wheel cover piece
1 1x1 clear green round brick (must have dropped in by accident)
-544 pieces, 2.7c a piece

Cup 2:
2 1x8 white tile (randomly sitting on counter edge. Snagged any plain tiles I could)
31 1x2 white decorative grooves
61 1x2 dark grey decorative curves
23 1x16 white brick
12 1x6 white wall piece ( the tall wall pieces)
18 1x2 white wall piece
-147 pieces, 9.9c a piece

Cup 3:
22 green ferns
95 1x4 brown brick
47 1x10 white brick
-164 pieces, 8.8c a piece

Cup 4:
41 green ferns
45 1x10 white brick
116 clear orange cheese slopes
66 red flower blooms (with four blooms per piece)
78 white flower blooms (again, with four per piece)
174 green flower stems
-520 pieces, 2.8c a piece

TOTAL: 1375 pieces. 4.2c a piece

Damn good haul. Probably could have maximized it more if I took the time, like hiding pieces in the gaps of the 1x6 wall pieces. But the motherlode of flowers and ferns makes me very happy. Can probably finally make a kick ass garden or something.
And the ton of longer white brick pieces will let me make a very large building finally. I wish I had taken the time to maximize those more, as the 1x10 pieces are like gold for me since I like making buildings.

sharbhund

Knowing TRU, on the website they will flag the "hard to find" stuff as not eligible. Which means no UCS or Modulars for anyone. Of course, it could be a good time to snag Winter Village sets.

Anyways, finished sorting through my 4 large PAB cups. No pics (TOO MUCH STUFF), but the breakdown (all cups were refills, so were only $14.50 each):

Cup 1:
142 1x2 grill tile-White
78 1x2 brown brick
67 1x2 green slope
29 1x2 white brick with clip on side
40 1x2 green brick
167 1x2 brown decorative curves
20 dark grey wheel cover piece
1 1x1 clear green round brick (must have dropped in by accident)
-544 pieces, 2.7c a piece

Cup 2:
2 1x8 white tile (randomly sitting on counter edge. Snagged any plain tiles I could)
31 1x2 white decorative grooves
61 1x2 dark grey decorative curves
23 1x16 white brick
12 1x6 white wall piece ( the tall wall pieces)
18 1x2 white wall piece
-147 pieces, 9.9c a piece

Cup 3:
22 green ferns
95 1x4 brown brick
47 1x10 white brick
-164 pieces, 8.8c a piece

Cup 4:
41 green ferns
45 1x10 white brick
116 clear orange cheese slopes
66 red flower blooms (with four blooms per piece)
78 white flower blooms (again, with four per piece)
174 green flower stems
-520 pieces, 2.8c a piece

TOTAL: 1375 pieces. 4.2c a piece

Damn good haul. Probably could have maximized it more if I took the time, like hiding pieces in the gaps of the 1x6 wall pieces. But the motherlode of flowers and ferns makes me very happy. Can probably finally make a kick ass garden or something.
And the ton of longer white brick pieces will let me make a very large building finally. I wish I had taken the time to maximize those more, as the 1x10 pieces are like gold for me since I like making buildings.

Is this the fern piece you got? I've only seen it at my PAB once:

KzvSulv.png

KzvSulv.png

This one.
30176.jpg

Bricklink calls it bamboo leaves. My bad.

And the store also had this part in both white and red:
4728.jpg

Almost snagged some, but really dont know what I would do with them. But for those that got a Grand Emporium with a messed up one, fixed ones are out in the wild.

sharbhund

This one.
30176.jpg

Bricklink calls it bamboo leaves. My bad.

And the store also had this part in both white and red:
4728.jpg

Almost snagged some, but really dont know what I would do with them. But for those that got a Grand Emporium with a messed up one, fixed ones are out in the wild.

That makes more sense. I was going to be extremely impressed if you fit 41 of the "swordleaf" pieces in a cups, along with everything else, because I learned that those do not pack in cups very easily.

I keep hoping that one day I'll show up at the PAB wall and they'll have 6 X 5 plant leaves, because it can be expensive buying those on Bricklink.

That makes more sense. I was going to be extremely impressed if you fit 41 of the "swordleaf" pieces in a cups, along with everything else, because I learned that those do not pack in cups very easily.

I keep hoping that one day I'll show up at the PAB wall and they'll have 6 X 5 plant leaves, because it can be expensive buying those on Bricklink.

Oh, I would stock up on those big time if they had them. Any type of plant really, because they are so hard to get in bulk through sets.

KzvSulv.png

Love this piece, i got lucky the other day at my PAB wall and the Lego Employee specifically brought up a box FULL of them from the basement just for me since i asked whether they had some greenery there :))) So i got like 42 pieces of those!!

Those green fern pieces aren't bad either Phon, but the ones i REALLY wish to have are these:

never saw em at PAB, any sets out in the wild that have TONS of this?

Stop by Toys R Us and they have a "sale" 30% off and $15.00 off on purchased of $75.00 or more. So with the combination it actually is a real sale.

I got Palpatine set for $65.00, Y-wing for $40.00 along with Slave 1 (not sure where they dug that out from) for $70.00. Not the biggest saving but I am not going to complain I take what I can get.

All those posting of Modular set are really tempting me ... I need to stay strong and stick with just Star Wars. Already busted my hobby budget for the month.

Ironmask

Love this piece, i got lucky the other day at my PAB wall and the Lego Employee specifically brought up a box FULL of them from the basement just for me since i asked whether they had some greenery there :))) So i got like 42 pieces of those!!

Those green fern pieces aren't bad either Phon, but the ones i REALLY wish to have are these:

The best i've found is LEGO http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3315-1 with 3 of them

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They had those spiky leafs with the clip at my PAB yesterday when I went to fill my CHristmas box. Put seven of them in at the end. For a free box I certainly got a decent amount of bricks in it. Just a shame so many containers were full of 2x4s and I really wanted more 1x4s.

Just built the Creator Transport Chopper (7345), it's a surprisingly fun build. It started out pretty meh but came together nicely. Would be great for a MOC contest. Tons of great parts for different ideas. I may just fool around with the idea and see what I come up with.

Probably my favorite thing about the plane set is seeing the different ways they do the landing gear. It seems to always be different.

ghostmind

Bricklink @ 40 to 50 cents each would be your best bet.

happy birthday to me ;)

Just built that yesterday, it's an awesome build and an amazing model once finished. The detail is just insane, usually I don't mess with my models much once finished but I can't help constantly pulling the top up, taking the roof off, opening the doors, and just looking around inside it.

Everyone was right, the camper may very well be my favorite set yet.

Attack on Weathertop for 47 euros OR Unexpected Gathering for 62? hmmm i want to get a Middle Earth set and these 2 are on sale...

Unexpected Gathering is an iconic location and a pretty "model", plus tons of dwarves. Weathertop has nazguls but is mainly a strange playset, from what I can tell.

Unexpected Gathering is an iconic location and a pretty "model", plus tons of dwarves. Weathertop has nazguls but is mainly a strange playset, from what I can tell.

I was looking at Weathertop as a display piece as well though... Besides, is it in the realm of possibility that the entire LOTR/Hobbit line is kinda tanking already? I seem to see certain "value" packs already which indicate it might not sell all that well hmmm

I never, ever condone going to Toys R Us to get "deals" on Lego - but today is an exception!

I just picked up Palpatine's Arrest and Gold Leader's Y Wing for $105.69 as part of the sales. (Ignore my employee discount because my lovely wife gets me that, and my $10 in rewards)

Palpatine's Arrest is only 76.99 plus part of b1g1 50% off
Gold Leader's Y-Wing is 45.49 plus part of the b1g1 50% off

What you should do is get 2 palpatine's if you can, and 2 y-wings and get a friend to buy the extras to save more. You would only pay about $180 for 2 of each (depending on the tax you have in your state)

Haul-
20130217_134137_zpscb3395a5.jpg

Receipt-
20130217_134158_zps353182bd.jpg

Finally built my Chopper Showdown set and got my DeadPool fig (which was one of the main motivations to get it)

Also tried to set up some dramatic scene where Wolverine and DeadPool are fighting each other but his claws make it kinda hard to look dynamic imo...

It sorta just looks like Logan is asking Deadpool "Do you even lift?" or something :(

flyingpig

Neo Member
Unfortunately the TRU online sale is a dud again and prices are jacked up as usual. Time to see if the in store BOGO50 is any good.

Finally built my Chopper Showdown set and got my DeadPool fig (which was one of the main motivations to get it)

Also tried to set up some dramatic scene where Wolverine and DeadPool are fighting each other but his claws make it kinda hard to look dynamic imo...

It sorta just looks like Logan is asking Deadpool "Do you even lift?" or something :(

Love that set for the minifigs. Deadpool is awesome.

Top Bottom